DeadAIM 3.0 Released

A new version of DeadAIM was released. Below is from the changelog:

The following new features were added:

-Logging - The ability to search by screen names and dates.

-Logging - Log files can be easily saved to another location.

-Logging - Inline images and files are logged.

-Logging - Time stamps are always shown.

-Logging - Text background is shown correctly.

-Logging - The Log Manager now remembers its window size and position.

-Grouping of instant message windows into one tabbed window.

-Cloning; the ability to have more than one AIM client running simultaneously (NT4/2000/XP and higher only).

-DeadAIM can now add a link to its website in your profile so others viewing your information can find out about it.

-DeadAIM group in the start menu that contains a link to the Log Manager.

-"Repair DeadAIM" shortcut in the DeadAIM group that will re-associate DeadAIM with AIM after an upgrade.

-A very small lightweight program is run on system start up to check DeadAIM is associated with AIM correctly.

The following bugs were fixed:

-Logging - Date format in the log manager had an errenous '[' in some locales.

-Logging - If a picture or other binary file was inserted no more conversations were logged that day for that person.

-Logging - If Windows was shutdown or if the user logged off without first closing the IM windows then the conversations would not be saved.

-Logging - Logging could not be disabled.

-Transparency - Docking and undocking the AIM window removed transparency.

-Transparency - Clicking on the area around or using the keys to manipulate the slide control did not work correctly.

-Dependencies on new DLLs caused 2.06 not run on Windows NT 4.0 unless the IE desktop enhancement was installed.

-The installer did not prompt the user to close AIM before installing. This lead to a lot of people thinking DeadAIM did nothing as they hadn't restarted AIM.

-When Apache running on jdennis.net did not respond in a timely fashion after the connection of a socket DeadAIM would crash.

-DeadAIM would not work after upgrading AIM when using AIM's built in upgrade functionality.

-On Windows 9x platforms the user would be prompted to report their installation everytime AIM was loaded until they clicked "no".

Notes for release:

DeadAIM will now automatically check for a new version once every 24 hours instead of every sign-on. Manual checking for a new version is not effected by this change.

Download DeadAIM 3.0

yeah. i just saw it when i got back from school today and signed online.

it's a sweet upgrade. too bad i don't see the usefulness of tabbed IM windows. i like to see all my IMs at the same time :D

sweet... i've been using this since 5.0 came out because aim+ hasn't caught up to 5.1 yet (i know only 2 days more until it comes out) it'll make a nice upgrade until i can see what aim+ 3.0 has :)

deadAIM had, as of now, more features than AIM+ and the tabbed IM's is what people have been waiting for for a long time and now the support for cloning brings it up to and beyond AIM++.

deadAIM had, as of now, more features than AIM+ and the tabbed IM's is what people have been waiting for for a long time and now the support for cloning brings it up to and beyond AIM++.

thats. the reason i didn't want to switch from AIM+ to deadAIM was because, at the time, there was no logging feature. but once jdennis incorporated it. i immediately switched over, and have been very satisfied with it. AIM+ was too bulky for me (having to use a seperate application).

though i look forward to seeing what this new AIM+ 3.0 has to offer.

btw, where was this information about released AIM+ 3.0 on wednesday, learned from? i didn't see anything on the big-o-software website about it.

Just downloaded this and it worx great, no more need for my tabbed im window patch hahaa, Finally jdennis updated his site too looks much more better and I like the forum he put there too. This one is gonna be a tough one for big-o to beat, guess we will have to see which one is better tomorrow.

ive been using aim+ for a while, haven't tried deadaim before, does it have ad removal options? Cuz all im really looking for is loggin, and ad removal, and every now and then cloning.

Yup it does all that you just mentioned.

Main useful features include:

Ad-removal

Logging of conversations

Log Manager with search capability

Tabbed chat windows

Ability to run multiple AIMs

Transperency

this is a sweet program, i wish i knew about it before, i had been waiting for an aim+ ugrade for such a long time cuz i didn't want to update to aim 5 without getting rid of ads and haveing logging and cloning.

too many bugs :no: (see jdennis.net forum), waitin for aim+ 3.0

you're using the forums as a basis for bugs?

many people have poorly configured machines. on my system, it works flawlessly. not one crash, not one bug.

Seems to work fine for me except a couple of slight known issues:

It doens't log chat rooms

If you use the tabed window feature, you cant switch between windows using a keyboard shortcut, you hafta use the mouse.