So You Want To Write For Neowin

• 4 weeks later...
You realise you cant link to news posts on your blog though right?

Don't think he has been online since we started having a go about his blog posts.

Personally I think Rappy would make a great news mod or maybe even a Media Mod because of all the cool posts he does in that area. Plus he is a positive and long standing presence here at Neowin. (Y)

PS Rappy did not ask for this recommendation, so don't think bad of him because I recommend him (guilt by association LOL!). I just think he'd do a good job. :D

PS Rappy did not ask for this recommendation, so don't think bad of him because I recommend him (guilt by association LOL!). I just think he'd do a good job. :D

Lies! All lies! I know about the money and i want a share! :rofl:

If you don't point them out, we can't fix them, now can we?

do you write in to your newspaper or magazines to tell them they got their grammer wrong, um no, a newsposter shoudl be able to write well enough, and have good grammer (i can't so wouldn't bother trying), or at the very least an 'editor' shoudl check it for grammer and spelling. usually if i start reading somethign with bad spelling or grammer, i won't even bother to finish reading, let alone let them know where they are wrong.

:p remember mate, always "an" before a vowel - an apple, an eye, but it's a tree as t is a consonant.

technically not quite always, i remember i got told of by one of our publications guys, i can't remember what it was now, but yeah i had to use an with a consonant

Personally I think Rappy would make a great news mod or maybe even a Media Mod because of all the cool posts he does in that area. Plus he is a positive and long standing presence here at Neowin. (Y)

I like to be recognised by my fellow members for my effort! :)

do you write in to your newspaper or magazines to tell them they got their grammer wrong, um no, a newsposter shoudl be able to write well enough, and have good grammer (i can't so wouldn't bother trying), or at the very least an 'editor' shoudl check it for grammer and spelling. usually if i start reading somethign with bad spelling or grammer, i won't even bother to finish reading, let alone let them know

You can't compare a forum's front page to a published periodical.

If it's a story that was a copy & paste, the grammar and spelling usually aren't checked - and technically we are quoting another news site anyways

if it's written in our own words, which the majority of news posts are, it is quite possible that it's a typo or was simply overlooked, mistakes happen (you made quite a few mistakes in your post right there)

I read most of the stories on the front page, and I rarely find mistakes, but when I do I fix them myself.

You can't compare a forum's front page to a published periodical.

If it's a story that was a copy & paste, the grammar and spelling usually aren't checked - and technically we are quoting another news site anyways

if it's written in our own words, which the majority of news posts are, it is quite possible that it's a typo or was simply overlooked, mistakes happen (you made quite a few mistakes in your post right there)

I read most of the stories on the front page, and I rarely find mistakes, but when I do I fix them myself.

i agree with you, noones perfect, especially me, hence why i wrote in my post, "(i can't so wouldn't bother trying)"

I am just trying to emphasize that spelling and grammer is important for news sites and anyone selected should know the basics, or even better be fairly competant.

I am lazy so don't really bother too much with it, but when i have to i can.

most of the problems i have seen here (and yes i agree with you on that too, there arent a lot of them) could have been avoided with a simple spell check.