Photo

For God's sake! Fix the Folder View settings bug!

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#181 zhangm

zhangm

Just bitter.

• Tech Issues Solved: 23

Posted 02 July 2009 - 23:03

Im not sure exactly which setting you guys are pointing to. Heres mine:
I'm not seeing it in options either.

Capture.PNG

#182 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 02 July 2009 - 23:14

Perhaps it's just me, but I think this was fixed with SP2 for Windows Vista. I haven't noticed it ever since I installed Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x64.

#183 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• Tech Issues Solved: 8

Posted 02 July 2009 - 23:18

I think the issue was fixed in SP2. Finally.

It's not present in Windows 7 though, so that's good! I just use that instead hehe :D

#184 solardog

solardog

The new green is the old red.

Posted 03 July 2009 - 17:04

Capture.PNG

Thank you.

About it being fixed in SP2 , Im running SP2 and its definitely still happening. Win 7 close so no biggie at this point I guess.

#185 macrosslover

macrosslover

Muad’Dib

Posted 03 July 2009 - 17:17

well no way I can read all the posts in this thread but there's a way you can fix this problem go to this website and follow the instructions
http://www.vistax64....w-settings.html

don't bother trying to download the registry file it no longer appears to be up. Basically what the reg fixes do is turn off automatic folder discovery for one so this does two things. If you put music files directly in your C: root folder, C: won't change it's folder type to music automatically. The 2nd thing is Cd's won't auto open anymore. so if you're trying to install games and programs you'll have to go directly to the cd drive.

the other thing the tweaks do is increasing the amount of folders that vista remembers. The default setting is like 5000 I believe, so the registry fix increases that number to 20,000...but I believe you can use any number you want. I've used this fix since sp1 and I have never had any of my folders forget their view setting. One more thing, since auto folder discovery is off that means you have to manually change the folders again to what type they are, like music to music, picture to picture etc.

#186 way2quik

way2quik

Neowinian

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:08

I, too, have not noticed having to resize any windows. I used to hold Shift + close window, worked beautifully.
I guess SP2 did fix this. But the windows are all square for removable disks--which doesn't bother me.

#187 +Brandon Live

Brandon Live

Seattle geek

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:31

I, too, have not noticed having to resize any windows. I used to hold Shift + close window, worked beautifully.
I guess SP2 did fix this. But the windows are all square for removable disks--which doesn't bother me.

Sigh... shift + close never, ever, did anything at all.

#188 solardog

solardog

The new green is the old red.

Posted 07 July 2009 - 15:59

After a few days with that "other explorer MRUs" setting in ccleaner unchecked, I can say that the folder view "bug" is fixed in SP2. Thanks to those that pointed to that setting.