SimCity 4 Leak?

Although release date officially is still 14th, boxes of Maxis latest production have been detected all over the states.

In SimCity? 4, you don't just build your city, you breathe life into it. With god-like powers, you sculpt mountains, gouge riverbeds, and seed forests to lay the groundwork for your creation. Then construct the most realistic metropolis you can imagine. Your city comes alive with the hustle and bustle of construction crews, the snarl of traffic and the activity of your Sims.

Build mansions on mountainsides, cross canyons with bridges and raise skyscrapers downtown. The impact of your touch will be immediate but not entirely predictable. Cap an erupting volcano to save your city, but don't be surprised if lava explodes from another source.

If your citizens burst into a panic, throw down barricades and dispatch the police or send the Mayor's limo to quell the mob. Will your actions calm the crowd or contribute to chaos? With every decision you make, your city and your Sims will respond for better or worse. In SimCity? 4 your city pulses with the life that you give it.

Source: MSFN.org via << spam >>

heh, the pirateed copy has been out for about a week no I downloaded it a cpl days ago. Great game, but I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the strategy guide...attempting to understand all the extremely small details of the game is a massive feat. Hell I have the strategy guide and was great at the past sim games yet i'm sucking at this!

Great game though

i would wait for a demo or something. I was over at IGN's boards and one of the guys over at IGN said that isn't much more different than 3000 cept for graphics. I'm gonna wait to try it out before buying.

I suck at SimCity 3000 too, I loan mad cash and then I go bankrupt :wacko:

I'm going to try out SimCity 4 if they have a demo release. One of the things I need to know is if my system can handle it...

I hope prices fall........ $50 is expensive!

Great Game but it is Farking hard to make money, lots of very cool stuff and the city feels like it is a living breathing city, online play is very cool from what I hear as you actually have your own city and compete with other mayors :laugh:

I hope prices fall........ $50 is expensive!

Ummm...no...how long have you been playing video games? $50 is the normal price for a game, no matter if it is a PC/Mac game or a console game...

Hopefully SimCity 4 doesn't have the same problems as SimCity 3000 Unlimited:

i ran simcity 3000 on a p4 machine with a geforce 4 and if i zoomed out and then back in i would get loading boxes for the buildings.. it would take a while to display them

get used to it. almost 99% of all things that get rls wether its movies, mp3, games, apps, etc get leaked before they are sent to the end user. nothing new. and it wont be for some time to come.

I've always started with building a city without enabling any cheats since the first of the series. After a couple of hours, I always ended up using the zillion dollar cheat (whatever it was) to build some wacked out city. I had fun doing that. Not sure if i want to bother this around though. I think ut2k3 has changed me. I need adreline pumping games now. heh I will try out the demo though to see if it can hold my interest

I find sims games are fun, but then after a lil while all I want to do is kill all the denziens of the given sims/simish game. Maybe I'm just sadistic? AH well good for Maxis, how many expanion packs will this mother pump out? I'll guess 4 :laugh: .

Hopefully SimCity 4 doesn't have the same problems as SimCity 3000 Unlimited:

i ran simcity 3000 on a p4 machine with a geforce 4 and if i zoomed out and then back in i would get loading boxes for the buildings.. it would take a while to display them

SC4 does exactly that

I really like this game. It is freaking hard though. Hard to turn a profit. This game kind of gets laggy after 10,000 people move into your city which is kind of annoying. Also some maps are extremely small. Maps in general are much smaller than in SC3000 even if you get one big simnation.

For those cheaters out there... a trainer is available (check www.gamewinners.com) and it increases your money of course :D

glad this thread isn't destroyed like some other SC4 threads...