Steve Case resigns

NEW YORK (Jan. 12) - AOL Time Warner on Sunday said Steve Case will step down as chairman of the company following the shareholders' meeting in May, but remain as a director of the company with joint responsibility for corporate strategy.

Case, the architect of the troubled mega-merger of America Online and Time Warner, in a statement said his role as chairman had become a ''distraction'' for the world's largest media company in the face of disappointment with its post-merger performance.

The company said Case notified Chief Executive Dick Parsons and the board of directors of his decision over the weekend. Case will remain a member of AOL Time Warner's board of directors and continue as co-chair of its strategy committee.

The embattled executive said that under a new leadership team AOL Time Warner could focus on executing the company's various strategies.

''Given this progress and the fact that we're moving into more of an execution phase, this seems like an appropriate time for me to announce that I will step aside,'' Case said.

Stunning Development.. could this be the beginning of the end for AOL?  :cry:

We only wish this would come true... ;)

Then I'll stop getting useless AOL disk/CDs.. :(

AOL is not a bad company, just the "rep" people get from it.. just cause they give you useless CDs, use em! i do! im almost fully covered one of my extra basement rooms with AOL CDs!

:/ :)

Stunning Development.. could this be the beginning of the end for AOL?  :cry:

We only wish this would come true... ;)

not going to. oh and speaking of aol cds being useless... i think its kind of funny that i have gotten 9 msn8 cds in the past 2 months. one every two weeks. so bleh to all you haters. this isnt going to change a goddamn thing.

Stunning Development.. could this be the beginning of the end for AOL? ?:cry::

We only wish this would come true...;))

not going to. oh and speaking of aol cds being useless... i think its kind of funny that i have gotten 9 msn8 cds in the past 2 months. one every two weeks. so bleh to all you haters. this isnt going to change a goddamn thing.

Powder: STFU you dont know shizt about AOL.

..POS> :xx

yeah, but powerdafuture. i know how you are about these types of things, so let me tell you. it was a joke

no need for you to come in here saying im flaming you or anything. it was a simple, pointless lil joke.