Official LOTRO thread

hey bman, can u tell me anything about LOTRO pvp, or theres not much of pvp? i read somewhere its alot about quests mainly

PvP in LOTRO is an isolated entity. there are currently 2 zones in which you can PvP. The way it works isnt complicated, but different from other PvP systems. It's not a system when you create a typical character and can go to the prescribed zones and beat on other characters. The people you would be fighting are what are referred to as "creeps" (player made mobs). Players can create mobs from the login screen that allow you to fight against the regular players (freeps) in the PvP zones. Much like a regular toon, creeps can be created as a specific class with specific abilities, which can be advanced over time. As a creep, within the PvP zones, you can quest, kill free people (normal PC toons), and take part in siege battles. There are also some number of keeps and hotpoints that creeps and freeps fight over.

There're lots of specifics to it that would be too in depth to get into, but to summarize, it's an isolated PvP where you create an evil character that you can customize/advance as you achieve certain goals and kill regular players. It's interesting and can be fun.

the point was I don't think you can now.

For normal accounts its 300 for Founder accounts its 200. I'm on a founder account. And I'd really like to keep coming back to this game whether or not I'm done playing it everyday someday...

Heh heh. That's kinda the point in some ways though, I don't really want to be still paying for this three years down the road.

Although I have no children, so there is that.

• 3 weeks later...
Any of the LOTRO players on here seen the new screens for book13, the Quest UI looks magnificent! If not check it out on www.lotro.com

I haven't got to yet, haven't played for a week or 2, going to check it out now!

well i am finally back in the lotro gaming now that i built new computer. I saw it for about 10 minutes last night with everything maxed out in dx10 and wow; this game is amazing looking.

oh well thats not a game for me then I guess, I need alot of PVP in a game :x

The pvp in this game is horrible. Hours just shooting arrows at creeps, who run away after you hit them 3 times, then come back healed. Repeat. There you have the PVP mechanics.

Book 13 Goes Live tomorrow :)

Woop! I've gotta get my dwarf GRD up to lvl 50 ASAP. He's on 41 atm, bless his lil cottons :)

It was supposed to be down this morning, I did the pre-patch last night. However this is for the US I should note, sorry Vamp.

:cry:

Probably a good few days wait ahead of me then, if not weeks.

Well I went to Forchel last night and currently on Book 13 Chapter 7. Forchel really is beautiful, high props to turbine on another great update. Can't wait to see what Moria brings.

Well I went to Forchel last night and currently on Book 13 Chapter 7. Forchel really is beautiful, high props to turbine on another great update. Can't wait to see what Moria brings.

Oh darn, now I have to spend more money and get more time lol

• 2 months later...

As some know I started playing again.

I never got into finding/buying clothing to make my character look cool, but now he looks really stupid. Where are the best places to get sweet clothing, and merchandise and stuff like that? Or do you really have to be a high level to do that, level 12 at the moment.