Official LOTRO thread

Middle earth feel is farther into the game, sorta. Yes some addon's are basically cheating but some are really good to have for any game, like LOTRO it's hard to find where you are going so there are many addons from WOW that would be useful. But yes I see your point.

http://www.lotro.com/ is where you can read everything about it, and changes.

all i was hoping for mainly was a better in game coordinate system. Lately i have been using lotro.mmodb.com and the mehq interactive maps.

Yea that is what I would love to get for LOTRO. I use those sites as well, but sometimes they don't help.

So it's been a busy few months, in terms of work and many new games. I am hoping to be finished (as much as you can with MMO's) with AoC & War soon, at least at endgame stuff. So that I can get back into LOTRO, since I don't pay monthly anymore, I can take the time I need hehe

• 3 weeks later...

lol, yes tons of people still play it, people on these forums, not so much.

Go to the main site lotro.com and check previous posts, and find out whats it like. Give the trail ago.

bman are you a founder by any chance? If so, I may need to ask you to send me a referral after I finish my 14 day trial; the $9.99 monthly fee is very appealing :)

bman are you a founder by any chance? If so, I may need to ask you to send me a referral after I finish my 14 day trial; the $9.99 monthly fee is very appealing :)

No I am not. Wish I was, I just payed the lifetime membership and love the game.

MoM coming Nov 18th. Preorder bonuses look pretty sweet and people can start with the $9.99/month or a cheaper lifetime membership.

I am definitely going to purchase the Complete Edition

I'll be ordering it digitally direct from Turbine so I don't know if they have a preorder option that way or not but whatever works.

Hopefully this winter my friend Derek will want to go in on it together...I should try it on my PC again. I keep wondering if low system resources were causing more issues than my modem was, so I might try it with lower resolution and detail and whatnot.

I'm still playing everytime I get the chance. Usually Sat and Sun mornings till about mid afternoon. I have a great Kin that really helps out when they can. If you want to meet up or are looking for a kin that is laid back then let me know.

Server: Firefoot

Main: Dalandow

See you around...

I really wish I had the money to buy a sub (or a game time card for that matter) again. I just tried out a new trial again, and man do I miss this game a ton. Bleh.

what kin are you in cracktek? i have been looking for a kin on firefoot for awhile

Hey, I am on Firefoot, dont have a kin, we should start one or something. Once MoM and out and my payment goes through for the Lifetime Membership (ordered awhile ago but my 3 months was still going on) I will be playing more again.

what kin are you in cracktek? i have been looking for a kin on firefoot for awhile

Hi Hupp. My kin is The Crescent Order. Check us out at: www.thecrescentorder.com Hope to see you in game. Maybe later on today, if I get a chance.

Hey, I am on Firefoot, dont have a kin, we should start one or something. Once MoM and out and my payment goes through for the Lifetime Membership (ordered awhile ago but my 3 months was still going on) I will be playing more again.

Hi bman. I've got a good kin. Not wild but the people we do have are pretty great. Check out my reply to Hupp just above. Definatly look me up in game.

signature.png

Hi Hupp. My kin is The Crescent Order. Check us out at: www.thecrescentorder.com Hope to see you in game. Maybe later on today, if I get a chance.

Hi bman. I've got a good kin. Not wild but the people we do have are pretty great. Check out my reply to Hupp just above. Definatly look me up in game.

signature.png

I noticed that website under games does not show LOTRO, whats with that? I have another question as well, never really bothered to ask before, is there Powerleveling in LOTRO, I can't seem to remember if its possible. And does your kin do anything like that? Cause I am only level 21, no alt. I would love to level to 50, and get more of the chapters done so that I can actually play MoM.

Edited by bman

Well sad to say I had to go back to my original server. My level 29 char there is too far along and I haven't even seen all there is to see with that character.

I would love to play with you all someday though, so we'll see what happens!

At least it works from my home machine again :)

I think when MoM gets released, I may finally get a game card to play again.

I just wish I had someone to play with, soloing can get pretty boring as I'm sure most of you know. I also wish Turbine would have like a bonus XP weekend or something (something similar to what Sony did for EQ2 a week or so ago) so I might be able to level up to a decent level and see some of the higher game content.

I think when MoM gets released, I may finally get a game card to play again.

I just wish I had someone to play with, soloing can get pretty boring as I'm sure most of you know. I also wish Turbine would have like a bonus XP weekend or something (something similar to what Sony did for EQ2 a week or so ago) so I might be able to level up to a decent level and see some of the higher game content.

Bonus XP is going on until MoM is released actually.

Bonus XP is going on until MoM is released actually.

Are you serious? Ugh. Is it double XP or just "bonus" XP? And when does MoM come out exactly, the 28th?

Oh crap, I got it mixed up. The bonus was for October 2-6 and was a 25% bonus xp on mob kills.

I thought they were doing another one. It gets released November 18th.

Yeah, I checked it out heh. It's ok, I just readded a debit card since I am still able to use tha 3 month for $29.99 holiday special thingie. Don't matter if there is bonus XP or not, now I just need to be in a kinship or find someone to play with lol

I'm reinstalling it now and downloading the newest book patch :)