The Big Wrestling Thread!

Let's hope MVP was smart and got paid upfront.

He probably has, as he said in an interview with The American he's not even signed a contract with them yet.

"I still don't have a signed contract, our lawyers are working out the last little bit of the deal so I'm here on a handshake. But I expressed to the company, when I did make my debut I wanted to do it on the UK tour."

He's definitely gonna be wrestling in TNA too...

"I made the stipulation very clear, if I were to come to TNA I would absolutely have to work with Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode at some point. Those are the guys that are on my list. Fortunately I had my first match with Bobby Roode the other night at Wembley and we had probably about nine minutes, so it was a chance to test the water, I definitely like his style, I like his work. Kurt Angle is a legitimate legend and Joe and I have been friends for a long time, he is a guy I've wanted to face for years going back to the Indys. Those are just a few of the guys I'm looking forward to working with, one of the things that attracted me to TNA is the overall roster ? they have top tier talent."

Last week, we published a letter sent to f4wonline.com by an anonymous top WWE Superstar bashing internet fans. The mystery man has sent in another letter to be posted, this time bashing CM Punk for walking out of WWE:

?Honestly, Punk is being a little bitch. I liked him so much before his run leading to and after that Money in the Bank in Chicago. He?s a guy where you have to be really in his circle for him to I guess open up, which I understand, but being put in a feud with Kane and then with HHH at Mania is not a bad thing. Now I understand he feels this is his last Mania and he wants to main event and really, with the right storyline, that match could main event, but literally after the Tribute to the Troops incident he?s just been difficult. There are so many there that want his spot, that want to say, ?I need a weekend off to go to UFC.? I really and fully believe he?s a little jealous of the crowd reactions to Bryan and it?s getting to him?He?s just been such a dick lately. That interview with Ariel, he acted like he was the victim at the Troops taping when Michelle was just joking. Little bitch AJ took it to the wrong level. Do you really think AJ would have a ?pipe bomb? interview time or longest Diva champ BS if she wasn?t dating Punk? Punk really doesn?t want to be the face of the company. That?s BS. I hate hearing that ######. He says he does but this isn?t ROH or OVW. He would bitch so much if he had to do Michael & Kelly at 9 a.m., then fly to a different state (for Raw), do a Make-A-Wish at 1 p.m. and then RAW, then do SmackDown, then do something Wednesday to fly home Thursday to be on the road Friday or Saturday. No way he could handle that for four months. He may come back as soon as Monday or he may never come back, but if he never comes back he better remember how many fans he?s ######ing over right now, the same way he believes the WWE is ######ing him over. And I?m not defending Vince or HHH. Especially HHH, because people are seeing that HHH taking over isn?t as cool as they thought it would be. Outlaws, Nash, X-Pac, Flair, HBK, Batista?yeah must be nice to be HHH friends.?

jeezus .... lay off the pie and chips eh?

seriously though, congrats on the 20!

Cheers! It's been almost 40 overall so far (in about 15 months).

Good move editing out the Ricky Gervais video, by the way; I wouldn't have liked your post with that in it, I don't find him funny. :p

I don't really think people are giving TNA a fair crack these days.  I think since Hogan and his posse got the boot the show has gotten a lot bette over the last couple of months.

In particular I am really glad to see Eric Young get more screen time, EC3 is annoyingly well at doing what he does, the ridiculous Aces and 8s are long gone, Daniels and Kazarian are brilliant, they have a hell of a lot to work with and they seem to be starting to make some steps in the right direction.

I saw them in Wembley last weekend and the show was great.  I think it was helped by the place being packed and the audience was hot, much like the Glasgow audience we saw on TV.

I think what really let it down was that it was a double taping. They had so much to cram in the matches didn't really go on for long at all.  They could really do with letting some of their talent go for 30odd minute matches rather than 5 or 6 mins.

I'm really rooting for TNA to do well.  We all know what happens when WWE doesn't have a competitor :/

• Like 2

I don't really think people are giving TNA a fair crack these days.  I think since Hogan and his posse got the boot the show has gotten a lot bette over the last couple of months.

In particular I am really glad to see Eric Young get more screen time, EC3 is annoyingly well at doing what he does, the ridiculous Aces and 8s are long gone, Daniels and Kazarian are brilliant, they have a hell of a lot to work with and they seem to be starting to make some steps in the right direction.

I saw them in Wembley last weekend and the show was great.  I think it was helped by the place being packed and the audience was hot, much like the Glasgow audience we saw on TV.

I think what really let it down was that it was a double taping. They had so much to cram in the matches didn't really go on for long at all.  They could really do with letting some of their talent go for 30odd minute matches rather than 5 or 6 mins.

I'm really rooting for TNA to do well.  We all know what happens when WWE doesn't have a competitor :/

For all intents and purposes, WWE doesn't have a competitor.

I have to agree there, I'd put TNA in the ROH bracket it's kinda Indie to me

They're backed by Viacom so they aren't indie per se. It's just that the gap between the WWE and TNA is bigger than the Grand Canyon. And now that WWE has launched their own network, it's getting wider. It's way past the point of B League and Top Tier.

What I meant by that was, WWE *NEEDS* one.  TNA is the closest they have to one, and the only one that has a real chance of ever stepping up and becoming that competitor.  Luckily it has been taking steps recently to become better.  I'd say the TNA recently has been better than WWE in a lot of respects.  They just don't really advertise to get either the viewership or attendance they need.

Problem is that right now they don't have that competitor and the WWE product is terrible.  Really, really, really awful.  It was awful since about 2004 and has gone down hill ever since.  It is probably now the worst it has ever been.  But the problem is people keep watching it in the hope it will get better not because it is any good and it gives them the wrong impression.  Just look at this whole Daniel Bryan thing,  if they're lucky they might be able to turn a massive f**k up into a storyline but they need to jump on it quick before it loses steam and its almost at that point already.  They just don't know what makes a good product anymore.

For the good of all wrestling the WWE need to make a good product again and that will only happen with another competitor, or if everybody stops watching.

at least Ring of Honor knows where they'll be a year from now.

TNA doesn't even know where they'll be in three months.

Exactly what I was going to say. And it's a bad thing, for everyone that watches these shows. The quality gets worse over time and at one point someone else might just take over and steal the show. I know it's a stretched comparison, but I'm thinking how Nokia didn't give a s**t about Android and companies like Samsung and LG. And they were almost wiped from this planet, if it weren't for Microsoft. So if WWE doesn't listen to people's wishes and think like they have a monopoly, it will get bad at some point, IMO.

Also, there's one thing I never understood. They have the financial power to get ANYONE in there, to set up any match. Why the hell didn't they do what people wish to see?! I mean, ok, spend a few millions on Goldberg, for example, and bring him in for at least one match at WM or something. Even if it's for that single match, they'll get a HUGE audience, not to mention tickets and merchandise, etc. It's a good investment, IMO. I'm pretty sure that they're paying The Rock a lot of money and yes, people like him and so on, but he's at WM (at least) every damn year, it's not nearly as cool to see as someone who wasn't around for a decade or so. And old farts like Hogan are good for nostalgic people, but they're not drawing that much money as someone who can actually put on a show.

According to PWInsider.com, The Undertaker is scheduled to make his annual return to the WWE on February 24th, 2014. This is the night after WWE's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view, the same night the WWE Network will be launching live. 

Exactly what I was going to say. And it's a bad thing, for everyone that watches these shows. The quality gets worse over time and at one point someone else might just take over and steal the show. I know it's a stretched comparison, but I'm thinking how Nokia didn't give a s**t about Android and companies like Samsung and LG. And they were almost wiped from this planet, if it weren't for Microsoft. So if WWE doesn't listen to people's wishes and think like they have a monopoly, it will get bad at some point, IMO.

Also, there's one thing I never understood. They have the financial power to get ANYONE in there, to set up any match. Why the hell didn't they do what people wish to see?! I mean, ok, spend a few millions on Goldberg, for example, and bring him in for at least one match at WM or something. Even if it's for that single match, they'll get a HUGE audience, not to mention tickets and merchandise, etc. It's a good investment, IMO. I'm pretty sure that they're paying The Rock a lot of money and yes, people like him and so on, but he's at WM (at least) every damn year, it's not nearly as cool to see as someone who wasn't around for a decade or so. And old farts like Hogan are good for nostalgic people, but they're not drawing that much money as someone who can actually put on a show.

People don't take their money because there are strings attached, strings that Vince just doesn't let go. James Hellwig had to change his legal name to Warrior because the WWE "owned" him. That's why Sting isn't taking the money.

People don't take their money because there are strings attached, strings that Vince just doesn't let go. James Hellwig had to change his legal name to Warrior because the WWE "owned" him. That's why Sting isn't taking the money.

That's why there are lawyers, to work out these things. And why would Vince pass on a opportunity that would get him a lot of money?! It doesn't make sense. As for Sting, at this point I'm pretty sure he's in, but we'll see. I just hope they use him properly. 

That's why there are lawyers, to work out these things. And why would Vince pass on a opportunity that would get him a lot of money?! It doesn't make sense. As for Sting, at this point I'm pretty sure he's in, but we'll see. I just hope they use him properly. 

Vince already has a ton of money. He's a billionaire, with a B. And now with the WWE Network, he'll be EVEN richer. The WWE legal team probably regained their souls by beating the Devil himself in court. They're fierce as hell. An outside player isn't going to make them bugde an inch.