Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malisk

"Always on top" on any app for Vista 64-bit?

4 posts in this topic

I've in the past used PowerMenu for this job, but after installation on Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition, I can't get anything to show up. One comment there told of it not working on 64-bit apps like Notepad, but that it would on 32-bit apps like WordPad. But I couldn't get it to work on either of those at least. *shrug*

Is there an alternative app out there for this that works well on 64-bit editions of Windows?

Sigh... 3rd person to mention PowerMenu & Vista recently... if anyone thinks PowerMenu will be useful pm me with a message saying so, if I get enough I shall code something similar.

Yes, I only do things that are in high demand, as my time is in high demand :))

F7S, I pm'ed you earlier, but after searching high and low I finally found a free open source program that has the always on top feature for 64 bit at http://www.hyperionics.com/files/index.asp . They have a version specifically for 64 bit. I've been using it for a few hours and seems to work perfectly. Personally I used the options so that the "pin" buttons don't show, but I enabled the feature so that I can right click and select "Always on top" like PowerMenu has it.

The only other option I found was a paid program http://www.ntwind.com/software/windowspace/download.html . It has all the options like set priority and minimize to tray too, but I didn't try it out because eXtender does what I need.

Hope this helps.

Good job, been busy recently, it was next on my list after current paid project, but currently running 70-90hour weeks so not alot of time for developing apps.

Gave your linked app a quick test, seems to work ok for now :)