shakey

[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

7,039 posts in this topic

So I wonder if they're gonna just forget that the entire Dragon Ball GT thing ever happened? While I didn't mind it personally I know it's definitely got some massive issues.

This part is on the Dragon Ball Z timeline, before the combat of Goku vs Uub, long before Dragon Ball GT.

In my case, I'm actually "returning" to following Japanese anime after mostly sticking to hentai recently. (My original exposure was to "Americanized" anime - specifically Star Blazers and the original and re-spun Voltron (all via World Events Productions); this time, I'm looking only at Japanese-sourced anime with the only concession being  subtitles in English.)  The series I am following now is decidedly away from the American norm - "Classroom Crisis".  It's a six-part anime that is part-SF/part vocational-technical school project/part old-fashioned incubator story. In other words, it's exceedingly well-grounded (far from the norm for "classic hit" Japanese anime).  Still, like most successful anime (and especially anime that is also successful outside of Japan - it's even true of Hentai that is successful outside of Japan), the quality is top-notch from drawing to music.  (That is something all too much in the way of film gets wrong - let alone anything created for television and for non-Japanese audiences; the really standout part of the music of "Classroom Crisis" is, in fact, its theme/title track.  Despite my not knowing a LICK of Japanese, it reached out and first grabbed me, then proceeded to sucker-punch me in the gut.  It spoke directly to the theme of the series - "don't ever give up".  The theme is also used elsewhere - it's used as as inspirational music by the teen engineers in episode five - and I thus got whacked again.)  If you get "sucked in" to "Classroom Crisis" - story OR music, or both - don't say you weren't warned.  (In fact, now I have to find out if there is a FULL version of that theme/title track - as it's perfectly capable of standing on its own as part of a "playlist of inspiration".)

Followup to my earlier post - there IS an MP3 available of the opener/title track to "Classroom Crisis" (Cobalt).   Further, new episodes are available via AniPlanet (web) and via Hulu/Hulu Plus (United States) at 1130 PST every Friday morning (1430 Eastern); naturally, back episodes are available as well (AniPlanet and Hulu).  There is also now a US-based homepage for the series - http://www.classroomcrisis.com.

I think I tried Classroom Crisis when it was first out and gave up on it after the first or second episode. :laugh:

An anime I'm really enjoying this season is Gangsta. It's really giving me the vibe that Cowboy Bebop did back when it was still kind of new and exciting. Despite the fact that they aren't really similar in any specific way. I'm not sure what it is but I like it and I can't wait to see where it goes.

I especially love how they handle the deaf character in the show. Never seen an anime or really any show do that before.

Finished recently

Kill la Kill - 9/10

Akame ga Kill - 8/10

Currently, watching - No Game, No Life. Pretty interesting, like it so far :)

Anyone watching One Punch Man? If not I highly suggest it. It's brilliant.

1 person likes this

My wife and I are watching Bleach. Her first time seeing the show and she loves it!

1 hour ago, Matrix XII said:

My wife and I are watching Bleach. Her first time seeing the show and she loves it!

(Y)

Shame the manga is coming to an end soon.

Soon as in the chapter coming out this week is supposed to be it's last.

Fairly disappointing ending for Bleach, feels super-rushed to me. :/ Oh well, remember the good times (arcs)!

18 minutes ago, Terrigamer said:

Fairly disappointing ending for Bleach, feels super-rushed to me. :/ Oh well, remember the good times (arcs)!

Exactly same thoughts... Kubo could have pulled much more impressive but still.. Now one more series down to follow.

I feel like maybe they were trying to emulate how Naruto ended and like you guys said it ended up feeling a bit rushed. Still it could have been worse.

I don't have any more weekly manga to read now, though. I guess I'll have to find some new ones. :s :rofl: