[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

I also dislike anime that have extremely metrosexual guys such as Code Geass and Gundam SEED. They are so feminine that I cannot stand seeing them pose in awkward hip-to-the-side stances while proclaiming to defeat their enemies.

Now right there is a point we can agree on (Y)

also look up Pigeon Blood.

No, I'm afraid of your suggestions :no:

No, I'm afraid of your suggestions :no:

:p

also..

NGE = Giant mecha beating the crap out of aliens the Christianity-in-your-face parts and complete drug trip of a final episode is just to make you feel a little bit more intelligent

Code Geass = Roman General's wet dream

Gundam SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED = the other Gundam that girls like.

Gundam SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED = the other Gundam that girls like.

:laugh:

Curiosity got the best of me and did look for PB. Ok, now I trust you a little more ;)

I've watched the first two episodes of Winter Sonata. Animation production, dialogue, music .... It's all executed perfectly (Y)

This is definitely going to pull at the heartstrings :pinch:

Radish?

I've watched the first two episodes of Winter Sonata. Animation production, dialogue, music .... It's all executed perfectl(Y)Y)

This is definitely going to pull at the heartstring:pinch:h:

Radish?

Radish, by the way, knowing my taste in anime. Nodame Cantabile, will I like it?

Radish, by the way, knowing my taste in anime. Nodame Cantabile, will I like it?

I think you'll enjoy it. If you like classical music, it's a bonus (Y) Though I recommend seeing the live-action drama instead of the anime, mainly due to the actors.

Radish?

^Am I glad that I'm keeping my figurine collection at a minimum.

@Radish?: Is Kimi ni Todoke any good?

I wish I had more time in a day to watch anime. School isn't giving me any free time currently due to projects which need to be finished next week. There are loads of shows I still need to watch and there are also shows constantly being added to my "plan to watch" (I haven't updated this list on MyAnimeList in a long while).

@Radish?: Is Kimi ni Todoke any good?

It's awesome, definitely my favourite for this this fall seaso:D:D

Radish?

The new bleach manga was sort of a let down. Yes, it was just pushing story forward, but the translation or just scripting in general was horrible. Everything felt generic and like it was supposed to be some horrible comedy bit. It just could have been done much better I think.

Naruto Shippuuden anime is out as well. Time to watch the saddest episode.

Edited by shakey

Hey masked, I was thinking, did you like Saikano? Just curious

I love it. If one looks past the simple boy-girl cutesy story, s/he can see a beautiful post apocalyptic story that grips one's heart and refuses to let go.

It's art, especially the narration, which made it stand out in my eyes. Teenagers forced to take on roles that they never asked for... I could relate to the guy too since I could easily place myself in his shoes if I ever was in a disastrous situation (minus the affair he has).

I gave it a 7/10 because it wasn't consistent through all its episodes. Sometimes, it felt a bit forced.

im sure i can name them all...

heh kinda looks like my room.

:o You must be quite fit if you swim through all of that stuff in your room everyday. :p

Also i think you may enjoy "Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha"

I'll take a look at in the coming weeks.

It looks like Shakagun no Shana meets Fate/Stay Night... *remembers the time I dropped F/S N because I couldn't stand the absolutely naive view the male protagonist had on his female knight... "SAAAYBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!, I'll protect you even though I am absolutely million times weaker than yoouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"*

You know what's an anime that I'm not ashamed to say that I liked?

..... Kodocha.

The manga was fantastic (basically a much younger version of Kare Kano). It was very Shoujo at times but still felt refreshing and wasn't too outlandish. I have yet to finish the anime since it's so long.

:\ It looks like Shakagun no Shana meets Fate/Stay Night... *remembers the time I dropped F/S N because I couldn't stand the absolutely naive view the male protagonist had on his female knight... "SAAAYBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!, I'll protect you even though I am absolutely million times weaker than yoouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"*

I'll take a look at in the coming weeks.

errr the mistake you made with F/S Night is that you watched it the visual novel is a lot better.

errr the mistake you made with F/S Night is that you watched it the visual novel is a lot better.

Are the visual novels really that much better than the anime when it comes to TYPE-MOON? I really enjoyed Shingetsutan Tsukihime. The soundtrack was sublime and had a really eerie yet sexy female protagonist.

Are the visual novels really that much better than the anime when it comes to TYPE-MOON? I really enjoyed Shingetsutan Tsukihime. The soundtrack was sublime and had a really eerie yet sexy female protagonist.

yes very much so also the visual novels have the adult scenes in them.