[Official] Anime/Manga Thread

My favorite female anime character:

Rain (from Mobile Fighter G Gundam)

http://myanimelist.net/character/1399/Rain_Mikamura

b0czY.jpg

She's "gorgeous", amazing at robotics and has the brains to boot.

Even though Mobile Fighter G Gundam is one of the cheesiest, most questionable anime series I've come across, it holds a sentimental spot since it reintroduced me to anime. I'm re-watching it and it's possibly one of the cheesiest, most pun ridden Gundam series I've come across. It still kicks Gundam Seed's #@$ since its male protagonist isn't an angsty teenager with a huge ego. However, there are completely unnecessary scenes of fan service of him for the female fans. :p

Motoko (Ghost in the Shell) and Chidori (Full Metal Panic!) are very close second's.

/random fan post

I wish there are more anime series that have females who are as smart or even smarter than their male counterparts. (Recommend me some if you find any.)

I can't stop laughing / shaking my head at Mobile Fighter G Gundam... The stereotypes are so strong that I want to feel offended. Neo Japan is depicted as the conqueror of all nations (include all the major powers it considers: France, Russia, China and US. On top of that, Russia is depicted as it was in the Cold War. For example, we have the stereotypical S&M female Russian heading the military operations. China has a martial artist prodigy learning at the Shaolin Temple, the US has an egoist with an absurd name, Chibodee Crocket, who loves women and indulging himself and finally we have France, which has a man with an absurd orange hairdo that has both "Chivalry" and "Suave" as his middle names.

To top of it all off, every time a character changes from his normal form and changes into his "power suit" for his Gundam, it looks like he's experiencing a very painful lower body movement... or childbirth...

Proof:

ytNx9.jpg

NSFW proof that there is female fan service: http://imgur.com/x5quf.jpg

^ This scene repeats itself every time the main character (Domon Kasshu) gets into his Gundam and starts a fight. TT_TT

/feels like his childhood memories of this anime is crumbling around the memorable soundtrack and awesome female companion of Domon Kasshu.

Edited by maskedforever

I wish there are more anime series that have females who are as smart or even smarter than their male counterparts. (Recommend me some if you find any.)

Holon from Real Drive - http://myanimelist.net/character/13372/Holon

Pleasant personality with brains to match, she can certainly kick ass in hand-to-hand combat and has a curvy figure compared to the regular norm of stick thin females in anime :)

Definitely one of my favourites, at the moment though it's between Sawako/Senjougahara (Y)

Radish?

Holon from Real Drive - http://myanimelist.net/character/13372/Holon

Pleasant personality with brains to match, she can certainly kick ass in hand-to-hand combat and has a curvy figure compared to the regular norm of stick thin females in anime :)

Definitely one of my favourites, at the moment though it's between Sawako/Senjougahara (Y)

Radish™

I didn't like that series at all... Dancing with robots... >_< I had to drop it.

By the way, Neo Canada is represented by a lumberjack with an axe in Mobile FG Gundam! :laugh:

Edit: I can't stop laughing... The lumberjack falcon punches Rain! AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

gqCFP.jpg

Edited by maskedforever

I didn't like that series at all... Dancing with robots... >_< I had to drop it.

Thought it would have been right up your alley, with similarities between GITS's net and RD's metal as both were created by Masamune Shirow.

I'd recommend seeing it to the end :)

Radish?

City Hunter

Lupin III

Detective Conan

Riding bean

You're under arrest

Saint Tail

Cat's eye

Martian Successor Nadesico

Blue Gender

GeoBreeders

Slayers

Kiddy Grade

Ex-Driver

I can't stop laughing / shaking my head at Mobile Fighter G Gundam... The stereotypes are so strong that I want to feel offended. Neo Japan is depicted as the conqueror of all nations (include all the major powers it considers: France, Russia, China and US. On top of that, Russia is depicted as it was in the Cold War. For example, we have the stereotypical S&M female Russian heading the military operations. China has a martial artist prodigy learning at the Shaolin Temple, the US has an egoist with an absurd name, Chibodee Crocket, who loves women and indulging himself and finally we have France, which has a man with an absurd orange hairdo that has both "Chivalry" and "Suave" as his middle names.

To top of it all off, every time a character changes from his normal form and changes into his "power suit" for his Gundam, it looks like he's experiencing a very painful lower body movement... or childbirth...

Proof:

ytNx9.jpg

NSFW proof that there is female fan service: http://imgur.com/x5quf.jpg

^ This scene repeats itself every time the main character (Domon Kasshu) gets into his Gundam and starts a fight. TT_TT

/feels like his childhood memories of this anime is crumbling around the memorable soundtrack and awesome female companion of Domon Kasshu.

I would hardly call that NSFW or Fanservice for that matter also i tried watching G Gundam but i kinda got distracted by GaoGaiGar it seems i can never get more than 10 or 15 eps into any gundam series before something else catches by eye.

First off. Cowboy Bebop a masterpiece? Ok, we can talk about that any other time

I found the example I wanted to show. You would be justified about Cowboy Bebop not being a masterpiece if you watched the first few episodes.

Watch episode 5. Listen to the soundtrack as each scene flows into the other. Watch how the otherwise over-used casanova characters turn into deep, mystical ones. The music should sum it up.

City Hunter

Lupin III....

Blue Gender ftw! I really need to watch this GaoGaiGar. It's lined up to be the next one I'll watch. Thanks for the other anime series. I seem to love 90's anime.

Really good episode of Bleach with everyone (funny watching Unohana and Mayuri's little tiff :laugh:), despite not focusing on Byakuya/Kenpachi :/

But the real shock was Byakuya seeing the Captain-Commander being held by Muramasa! :o

Radish?

Mobile Fighter G Gundam is probably one of the worst anime series I've ever come across. From the offensive stereotypes of different countries (American is depicted as a boxer/pimp who has a posse of multicultural girls... Chinese as a Shaolin Monk... Greek as the mythical god, Zeus... Russian as the gigantic bear like guy with a military attach? who loves to dress up in bondage gear). Even though it will remain one of my sentimental favorites, the whole show highlights how the Gundam franchise can be considered to be one of the best examples of how good and how bad a long anime series can be.

Real value - 2 or 3/10 (Almost unwatchable)

Sentimental value - 7/10

Edited by maskedforever

I'm a big Gundam fan I guess. Though I've never watched Mobile Fighter G Gundam and never will be watching it either. Just the idea "tournaments with Gundams" already had put me off. Plus the way they're piloting their Gundams is the worst idea ever imo. It just looks plain stupid.

On a side note: I'm going to start watching Bakemonogatari, Kimi ni Todoke and Letter Bee today. It's great to be able to watch anime again without school taking up my free time :D Though school taking my free time away somewhat did pay off last week so it wasn't that bad :p

Really good episode of Bleach with everyone (funny watching Unohana and Mayuri's little tif:laugh:h:), despite not focusing on Byakuya/Kenpach:/:/

I enjoyed the part between Ashoki and Yachiru mor:p:p come to think of it. We've never seen her zanpuktou in shikai either.:blink:k:

But the real shock was Byakuya seeing the Captain-Commander being held by Muramasa:o; :o

Radish?

It's hard to believe the Captain-Commander is held captive though:huh:

Just saw the first episode of Kimi ni Todoke. If the rest of the anime is like it, then I'm sure I'll be enjoying the anime a lot:D

Latest translated chapter of GTO: Shonan 14 Days was classic Onizuka up to his old tricks again with women :rofl:

Radish?

I enjoyed the part between Ashoki and Yachiru more :p come to think of it. We've never seen her zanpuktou in shikai either. :blink:

It's hard to believe the Captain-Commander is held captive though :huh:

Who were the other beings holding the CC in that field?

Who were the other beings holding the CC in that field?

Other Zanpaktou's or totally new class of character?

Radish?

There was 2 girls, which I believe belong to Ukitake. Then there is a woman with an eye patch, haven't seen her yet. And another guy in a sort of snakish-hooded robe that we have yet to see as well. The one with the eye patch may belong to Saido and the hooded one very well could be CC's. Can't wait to see more of this arch.

Also, no need for spoilers on the anime that aired already :p