[Official] ArmA 2 (PC) , Q2+ 2009

armalogo.png

Game name : ArmA 2 ? Developer :> Bohemia Interactivefooter-logo-bis.png

Publisher(s) :>

505 gamesfooter-logo-505.png Peter Gamesfooter-logo-peter.png Akellafooter-logo-akela.png Lemfooter-logo-lem.png Sevenfooter-logo-seven.png IDEA Gamesfooter-logo-idea.png NA publisher not yet announced. >
Box Art(s) :> Packshot.jpgDistributor(s) :> SprocketIdealogo.gif Series :> sequel of ArmA : Armed Assault? (ArmA : Combat Operations?) and from the authors of Operation Flashpoint : Cold War Crisis/Resistance/EliteEngine :/b> Virtual Reality Platform(s) :/b> Microsoft Windows , (XBOX360Release Date(s) :/b> Q2+, 2009 (NA), Q2+, 2009 (EUGenre(s) :/b> Tactical Military Shooter / SimulatoMode(s) :/b>

• SinglePlayer : Yes - Mission(s) and Campaign(s)
  • SinglePlayer COOPerative mode : Yes - Campaign(s)
  • MultiPlayer : Yes, 50+ players (64-128)
  • MultiPlayer modes : any possible COOP or PvPRating :/b> N/A (ESRB) , 18+ (PEGIOfficial gamesite :/b> (Click Herepost-9819-1238242736.pngOfficial wiki :/b> (Click Herepost-9819-1238242753.pngOfficial Forums :/b> ( Click herepost-9819-1238242753.png)Community :/b>
    <ArMA2's SteamCommunityGroup :/i> (Click Herepost-9819-1238242789.pngArmA2's IRC chat :/i> (Click Here) to open your browser (no java neededArmA2's Facebook group :/i> (Click Herepost-9819-1238242763.png)

Game also features own scripting language and is extremely moddable (see these thousands ArmA 1 mods on http://www.armedassault.info/ and scripts on http://www.ofpec.com/ ) System Requirements/b>: TBA

Projected Minimal PC System Requirements/b>

• Dual Core CPU
  • 512 MB RAM
  • GPU with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB RAM
  • Windows XP or Windows Vista

[edit]

Projected Optimal PC System Requirements/b>

• Quad Core CPU
  • 1 GB RAM
  • Fast GPU (8800GT level) with Shader Model 3 and 512 or more MB RAM
  • Windows XP or Windows Vista
About ArmA 2?
n ArmA II, you?re part of an elite squad of American soldiers sent behind enemy lines to restore peace to Chernarus, a Soviet country ripped apart by civil war as warring rival factions fight to take control of the troubled state.
In an epic story full of plot twists and turns, it becomes clear that the troubles plaguing Chernarus are deeper than anyone thought and the battle intensifies to extreme levels.
Building upon the foundations laid by its predecessor, ArmA II features refined graphics; unscripted AI opponents that ensure no skirmish ever plays out in the same way; 225sq km of game play area including more than 50 different towns and villages,
alongside lush forests and wind-swept beaches; 136 different vehicles variants including helicopters, tracked armoured vehicles, boats and even bicycles and 81 weapon varianArmA 2 features:s:
  • SINGLE PLAYER MODE with emphasis on resource management and RPG elements, the player commands a squad through a story full of twists and surprises
  • Cooperative MULTIPLAYER and team-based large scale multiplayer over entire map for 50 live players
  • Built-in MISSION EDITOR allowing player to expand the game beyond original content
  • Complex weapons SIMULATION based on technologies used in military training and real-world data: ballistics, deflection, material penetration, glowing tracer rounds
  • AUTONOMOUS AI providing them ability to react dynamically depending on player's action: AI-controlled soldiers and vehicles maneuver, flank, take cover and surprise player in many ways.
  • AI where squads navigate in REALISTIC FASHION, soldiers can find proper cover with millimeter precision, lean from cover and return fire.
  • Advanced dynamic CONVERSATION system, integrating preset conversations and dynamic queries about the game environment.
  • GESTURES and combat communication of units: Soldiers shout and use same communication means as in real combat situations
  • Comprehensive library of over 60 fully simulated modern FIREARMS
  • Over 60 playable VEHICLES

[SOURCE[/urVegetation technology videos, screenshots etc.c. : Lindapost-9819-1238242780.png linda-pic01-thumb.jpgp><blockquote data-ipsQuote="" class="ipNaturehttp://www.arma2.com/images/stories/chernarus/nature/arma2_chernarus_nature_01_s.jpg' alt='arma2_chernarus_nature_01_s.jpg'> Industrial areasarma2_chernarus_industrial_03_s.jpg Old sightsArma2_chernarus_old_sights_04_s.jpg Inhabited areasArma2_chernarus_inhabited_03_s.jpg Military zonesarma2_chernarus_military_04_s.jpg[/quIn-Game factions : : (Click Herepost-9819-1238242736.png)

Edited by Dwarden

If it's anything like ArmA: Armed Assault, which it'll most likely be, then this game isn't meant for the average FPS gamer. It's a realistic military simulator. Don't expect Call of Duty visuals or Battlefield-esque gameplay. Expect true military and tactical realism. Oh, and expect poor performance. The first game ran so poorly on my system (C2D E6750, HD 4870, 8GB RAM).

If it's anything like ArmA: Armed Assault, which it'll most likely be, then this game isn't meant for the average FPS gamer. It's a realistic military simulator. Don't expect Call of Duty visuals or Battlefield-esque gameplay. Expect true military and tactical realism. Oh, and expect poor performance. The first game ran so poorly on my system (C2D E6750, HD 4870, 8GB RAM).

well not exactly true :)

+ the game allows set both realism and acrade style of game

+ the game visuals are way better than ArmA 1

+ the game was optimized for multicore CPU and multi CPUs (minimum dualcore, optimum quadcore)

Operation Flashpoint II looks better. I expect Arma II to have mediocre graphics and slow gameplay. Flashpoint II should be more entertaining. I do not think both games will be bad, I just do not want to buy both.

Operation Flashpoint II looks better. I expect Arma II to have mediocre graphics and slow gameplay. Flashpoint II should be more entertaining. I do not think both games will be bad, I just do not want to buy both.

You have only seen pre-rendered footage of OFP II and a few tacky screenshots, yet you make that claim? Right.

I was planning on doing an official topic a few days back on this game, since I love the Bohemia Interactive range of military games ( OFP, ArmA and now ArmA II ). I love how they finally decided to go all-in and add plenty of factions and units, should definitely create some more diversity over the first ArmA which was lacking a bit. Oh and they finally decided to add the Mil Mi Hind 24 again :woot: I love that helicopter :laugh:

As for the graphics, I have a feeling they are going to blow my mind. Armed Assault looked stunning due to the vast environments and crisp textures, though it did lack some basic "next-gen" features which we'll see in ArmA II. I saw a preview comment some time back on the game and it stated the game could even give Crysis a run for its money with the updated engine and new next-gen features, can't wait to see this in action. Probably won't rival Crysis if you look at everything on a texture by texture basis but with the overall look, huge battlefields and great effects etc.

It's a shame they used that tank screenshot, since you usually have smoke and some great muzzle flashes in the mix as well. :)

And the game should be here really soon, you state Q2 in the title but according to the original press release; http://bastion.gamespress.com/link.asp?i=1...751&r2=9612 it's Q1 ( Which is almost over ) - So it's very, very close!

Arma was an awful buggy mess all the vehicles were godawful to drive the 'gameplay' was nonexistant, i loved OpFlash but Arma was a complete dissapointment and i am guessing this is more of the same. Its ok having military tactics and realism if the game plays like crap and the controls are awful Bohemia need to ditch the game engine and start from scratch.

I have far more hope in Codemasters EGO engine powered OpFlash 2.

Arma was an awful buggy mess all the vehicles were godawful to drive the 'gameplay' was nonexistant, i loved OpFlash but Arma was a complete dissapointment and i am guessing this is more of the same. .

That's funny considering Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault used the EXACT same engines, vehicles had the EXACT same handling and the mission editor was EXACTLY the same. They tweaked a few things here and there to improve upon the game, like ballistics, some sounds etc. both game even had the EXACT same bugs and little quirks which are caused by the VBS1 engine. Armed Assault basically just introduced new locals, units, improved textures and effects.

Not to mention they are now using VBS2 which is a great deal better than VBS1.

I still have all my games as well, have them installed as well and I play them frequently - Most of the vehicles handle the same, they just do. Some of the lighter vehicles just feel more responsive as opposed to Operation Flashpoint where it felt like driving a boat on land. I have heard many complaints in my life regarding both games but saying the handling in Operation Flashpoint was better is almost laughable, mainly because they are so similar and yet still improved in ArmA.

Armed Assault was just to re-establish the VBS1 military sim. franchise under another name, a name not tied to Codemasters. They pretty much carried over Operation Flashpoint, removed a few units, added some new, new campaign and mission and tweaked the graphics engine a great deal. Only handling they changed in the game was the helicopters, the way the pivoted around the Y and X axis, which I admit was annoying but it's easy to get used to, PLUS there are a large number of tiny, tiny addons which bring it back to the old style.

I'll probably get both. I rather enjoyed the original OFP but ArmA left me wanting something better. OFP2 and ArmA2 look like promising modern warfare games, which is what I prefer to play. Going to get HAWX when it comes out this week too!

You have only seen pre-rendered footage of OFP II and a few tacky screenshots, yet you make that claim?

Look up its rendering engine, compare that to Arma. You dont need to look at anything to know it will look better than Arma...I mean come on...

Vehicles in no way handle the same as OpFlash i still have my OpFlash GOTY + all addons...

ofc it is same/better than OFP ... you can even play original missions and campaigns in the ArmA engine because it's just higher build of reality engine (all you need is class compatiblity and so) ...

arguing with addons is pointless ... then i can say ArmA with addons is even better :)

what about provide us with some proofs for compare ?

Edited by Dwarden

well not exactly true :)

+ the game allows set both realism and acrade style of game

+ the game visuals are way better than ArmA 1

+ the game was optimized for multicore CPU and multi CPUs (minimum dualcore, optimum quadcore)

Ah, my mistake. Hopefully they'll release a demo.

You have only seen pre-rendered footage of OFP II and a few tacky screenshots, yet you make that claim? Right.

I was planning on doing an official topic a few days back on this game, since I love the Bohemia Interactive range of military games ( OFP, ArmA and now ArmA II ). I love how they finally decided to go all-in and add plenty of factions and units, should definitely create some more diversity over the first ArmA which was lacking a bit. Oh and they finally decided to add the Mil Mi Hind 24 again :woot: I love that helicopter :laugh:

As for the graphics, I have a feeling they are going to blow my mind. Armed Assault looked stunning due to the vast environments and crisp textures, though it did lack some basic "next-gen" features which we'll see in ArmA II. I saw a preview comment some time back on the game and it stated the game could even give Crysis a run for its money with the updated engine and new next-gen features, can't wait to see this in action. Probably won't rival Crysis if you look at everything on a texture by texture basis but with the overall look, huge battlefields and great effects etc.

It's a shame they used that tank screenshot, since you usually have smoke and some great muzzle flashes in the mix as well. :)

And the game should be here really soon, you state Q2 in the title but according to the original press release; http://bastion.gamespress.com/link.asp?i=1...751&r2=9612 it's Q1 ( Which is almost over ) - So it's very, very close!

ArmA II will be a great game. However, I think Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising?i> will be better in terms of graphics alone. I'm not talking about map size or gameplay here. I'm talking about texture quality, advanced video effects, etc. The game uses Codemasters' proprietary engine titled EGO? Engine. It has been used in games lColin McRae: DiRT???<i>Race Driver: GRIRID?. Judging from the screenshots and videos shown so far, it certainly looks good graphically. I personally can't say thei>ArmA rmA II. Despite that, it isn't an issue for me. I firmly believe that graphics don't make a game (to an extent). I guess it's unfair to compare the games before they're even released or in a "release-able" state. Who knows, Bohemia Interactive might throw on some new features right before the game's release. In the end though, what really matters is gameplay.

btw. Ego engine is evolution of NEON engine which is based off Sony's crossplatform engine ...

and that about texture quality so far i not seen single shot or video supporting that argument ...

but feel free to prove it by compare of ingame screens of videos

btw. Ego engine is evolution of NEON engine which is based off Sony's crossplatform engine ...

and that about texture quality so far i not seen single shot or video supporting that argument ...

Yes, I know. It was developed by Codemasters and Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE). What I said about texture quality in Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising?i> wasn't an argument. It was merely what I thought. Remember, I said "I think it will be better in terms of graphics alone". I didn't say that it does have better graphics right now. It'd be unfair to say something like that. The way I see it, it's best to wait until both games are released. Only then can we fairly compare the graphics of both games in their final state. And for that reason I will politely decline your implicit request to compare both games via screenshots and videos.

All in all, I'm looking forward to playing both games. I just hope my PC can handle the graphics at reasonable settings:p:p

Play the games that use it that are available today, they look great....No need to get so defensive...

i was just expanding his comment about EGO engine that it's evolution of other engines (nothing wrong with that)...

and about the textures it was because i have yet to see single ingame qualite OFP:DR screenshot (not render) ...

i mean if there were some HD ingame screens You may compare other than that it's no point to discuss ...

anyway here is new screenshot for from ArmA 2' Steam Community Group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ArmA_2/an...196719536866429

steampic1.jpg

That's an amazing screenshot. About your comment on Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising?i>, you can simply visit the official site and look at the screenshots there. It's under "Gallery (Reconnaissance Images)". By the way, does anyone know the expected release date foArmA IIi>?

By the way, does anyone know the expected release date for ArmA II?

It was originally slated for Q1 09 but that is looking bleak now, so Q2 is the new more-or-less official target.

It was originally slated for Q1 09 but that is looking bleak now, so Q2 is the new more-or-less official target.

Ah, I see. Right around the release date for Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising?i>. They better release a demo!

I'm personally looking forward to OFP Dragon Rising because it's USA against China, instead of Russia so it'd different. No fixed - winged aircraft though :(. From the content of the game, OFP Dragon Rising looks awesome with the implementation of US military handbooks into the AI programming etc. Graphics wise, we can't say :p As for weapons, vehicles etc, I guess it's entirely up to the user to decide what they like and play the game that offers the feature. Regardless though, if ArmA 2 is good (and not buggy), I'll get it. But OFP Dragon Rising first :p