97 posts in this topic

Posted

Once IPB3 hits, we are gong to do a major overhaul of the site, we will spend time making a new theme for it but it will be the only choice once we have upgraded.

The old skins simply are too much work to maintain and Finity is a stop-gap (kinda like Windows ME) :p

Posted

Hmm.

Posted

Sounds good, can't wait! I was a little reluctant to use Finity at first, but I come to like anything over time and it has definitely grown on me.

Posted

I might take this as a challenge and an advertisement opportunity. You may force me to donate a few of my skins. =)

Posted

I use IP.Board Pro. I assume that [acronym="Invision Power Board"]IPB[/acronym]'s default theme will be kept?

Posted

[quote name='tiagosilva29' post='590752044' date='Mar 24 2009, 14:13']I use IP.Board Pro. I assume that [acronym="Invision Power Board"]IPB[/acronym]'s default theme will be kept?[/quote]
Yes, because thats the base we work from as well.

Posted

[quote name='Neobond' post='590752054' date='Mar 24 2009, 06:14']Yes, because thats the base we work from as well.[/quote]

If I decide to do a few skins for Neowin (totally free) on the side of my main projects, would I be able to donate them? Would I also be able to get a copy of the main .PSD's for the logo if I so decide to do this upon the IPB3 release?

Posted

It scares me that you are comparing Finity to Windows ME :(

Well, I loved Finity and thought it was pretty well integrated with the new Neowin, but if you're saying you have something better soon, I'm totally looking forward into it !

Posted

[quote name='~ Rogue ~' post='590752058' date='Mar 24 2009, 14:15']If I decide to do a few skins for Neowin (totally free) on the side of my main projects, would I be able to donate them? Would I also be able to get a copy of the main .PSD's for the logo if I so decide to do this upon the IPB3 release?[/quote]
Yes of course :) In all our years we've never really had a member wanting to do this, we've had to force our developers to work day and night to realise my vision (usually ending up in fierce arguments and compensation claims).

So yeah! :D

Posted

No more Shift? :cry:

Posted

I actually like Finity :( .

Scirwode

Posted

Lol. Well when the final version of IPB3 comes out and I have the chance to handle a couple of my customers first (who have already made well aware they're a priority), I'll see what I can do for Neowin. I'll make a darker version of Neowin, probably. It'll be pretty. ;)

Posted

When is IPB3 due for release?

Posted

No, not Shift Graphite!

I :wub: this theme :(

Posted

[quote name='ynnoj' post='590752096' date='Mar 24 2009, 06:23']When is IPB3 due for release?[/quote]

Sometime before June. It's in Beta-4 now. Sadly, it's an entire re-write. So every single skin I have will have to be completely redone. I'm very sad. On the bright side, working with IPB3 is like working on a Ferrari where-as working on IPB2 is like working on a Dodge.

Posted

[quote name='~ Rogue ~' post='590752086' date='Mar 24 2009, 14:21']Lol. Well when the final version of IPB3 comes out and I have the chance to handle a couple of my customers first (who have already made well aware they're a priority), I'll see what I can do for Neowin. I'll make a darker version of Neowin, probably. It'll be pretty. ;)[/quote]
Ah nice one, this is the logo I have

[attachment=223014:nw_logo.png]

Timan may have a higher res one, for that you can PM him?

Posted

[quote name='Neobond' post='590752054' date='Mar 24 2009, 13:14']Yes, because thats the base we work from as well.[/quote]

Great, thanks!

Is there any difference between this.IP.Board Pro and the new IP.Board Pro theme? The reasons why I use this theme are: simplicity and [b]decent[/b] contrast between text/background.

Posted

[quote name='tiagosilva29' post='590752108' date='Mar 24 2009, 14:25']Great, thanks!

Is there any difference between this.IP.Board Pro and the new IP.Board Pro theme?[/quote]
Yes there is a vast difference, look here: [url="http://forums.invisionpower.com/"]http://forums.invisionpower.com/[/url]

Posted

[quote name='Neobond' post='590752106' date='Mar 24 2009, 06:25']Ah nice one, this is the logo I have

[attachment=223014:nw_logo.png]

Timan may have a higher res one, for that you can PM him?[/quote]

Sure, I can PM him. Do you have an actual .PSD layered?

Posted

~ Rogue ~: Not that I can find!

Posted

[quote name='Neobond' post='590752118' date='Mar 24 2009, 06:28']~ Rogue ~: Not that I can find![/quote]

You're breaking my heart. I'll ask Tinman. =)

Posted

[quote name='~ Rogue ~' post='590752126' date='Mar 24 2009, 14:29']You're breaking my heart. I'll ask Tinman. =)[/quote]
It's [b]Timan[/b], just making sure you have the right name ;)

Posted

[quote name='Neobond' post='590752134' date='Mar 24 2009, 06:30']It's [b]Timan[/b], just making sure you have the right name ;)[/quote]

Too much coffee. Lol. TY.

Posted

When is IPB3 hitting?

Posted

What is the main benefit for using 3.0 instead of 2.3? From the looks of 3.0 I'm not that impressed yet.