Prepare yourselves, the old skins are going bye bye!

Can I keep the neowin shift theme? I need the drop down menus here. :(

From his original post, the answer seems to be no.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

The lack of selection on Finity was an outrage to me! I HATE the dark dark blue which is 95% of why I use Shift Graphite today.

*sniffles* I'll miss you my beloved Shift.

EDIT: Owait. Apparently I didn't read that right. A NEW theme. As in entirely new. Ahh I get it. I hope it will have colour selection.

If finity is like windows me does that mean it's going to randomly blue screen xD....seriously if i ever blue screen using finity that would be funny now that you've made that comparison lol.

I like Shift for the Forum and not Finity, but Finity for the main page.

So OS terms, im sticking to XP(ironically lol) and Finity ='s Vista. So I hope the new theme will be Windows 7(a blend of both).

Anyway, OS Metaphors aside, I hope you guys make it a nice theme. Shift and Finity! Remeber that!

• 3 weeks later...
I like Shift for the Forum and not Finity, but Finity for the main page.

So OS terms, im sticking to XP(ironically lol) and Finity ='s Vista. So I hope the new theme will be Windows 7(a blend of both).

Anyway, OS Metaphors aside, I hope you guys make it a nice theme. Shift and Finity! Remeber that!

Thats a bad comparison in my opinion, all bad opinions of Vista aside, Vista was a major overhaul behind the scenes and visually and thats how this new IPB3 theme should be compared to. Finity did not receive nearly enough changes to be considered Vista and it never had any of the complaints that Vista did. But, I don't think there is a version of windows that you can compare to Finity, unless you call XP SP2 Finity and XP Shift.

When is the expected date of the release of this?

We plan to keep the old skins until we upgrade to IPB3 (at which time they will become incompatible).

The IPB3 upgrade is expected in or around June of 2009.

I like Shift -- I don't want change :no:
I like Shift too. How about we make a petition? :)

Just try Finity for a week and if you are anything like me, will quickly forget about Shift or won't even realize you are using Finity anymore.

Just try Finity for a week and if you are anything like me, will quickly forget about Shift or won't even realize you are using Finity anymore.

I tried it, but I still like Shift more for the forums :/.