Star Trek Into Darkness

Damn, was so hoping Khan would be in this but Pegg said awhile back that he wasn't a villain. Well, maybe he'll be in Part 3.

i don't think so, they aren't going to repeat the past movies. if anything they will do nods.

i don't think so, they aren't going to repeat the past movies. if anything they will do nods.

Who said anything about repeats? We didn't really get the Khan backstory unless you watched the classic TV shows. I mean, technically, we are repeating the cast of the Enterprise and supporting characters anyways. ;)

Too soon for Khan IMO, they'd have to build up his story from the start which star trek II didn't have to do because it wasn't that long after TOS and fans knew his backstory. So I agree that it'd be hard to just throw him in as the bad guy unless you really rush things. If the movies keep doing well at the box office I can easily see them doing more than 3. If that's how it turns out it'd be easy to IMO, use Khan as the bad guy in movie 3 and 4. One movie is the whole backstory and character building and then the next one wraps it all up like the original STII movie did.

• Like 1

Actually, it COULD be Khan. This could be the origin story from the

TV show where Khan is found, and ends up getting stranded on a

doomed planet. Finding him on the planet is where the movie started,

so yea... this could be the first meeting.

Too soon for Khan IMO, they'd have to build up his story from the start which star trek II didn't have to do because it wasn't that long after TOS and fans knew his backstory. So I agree that it'd be hard to just throw him in as the bad guy unless you really rush things. If the movies keep doing well at the box office I can easily see them doing more than 3. If that's how it turns out it'd be easy to IMO, use Khan as the bad guy in movie 3 and 4. One movie is the whole backstory and character building and then the next one wraps it all up like the original STII movie did.

Except that this is a whole new generation for the reboot of Star Trek. I mean outside of the baby boomers and most Gen X'ers, how many of the newer generations even know about Khan?

I just think JJ is teasing us that Benedict is Khan but he will turn out to not be

Howso? I think he has been taken out of context. He said something akin to "The next movie will be totally like a Khan type film"

What I took that to mean was "Let's take a small character from a one-off episode and make an amazing story out of it".

Except that this is a whole new generation for the reboot of Star Trek. I mean outside of the baby boomers and most Gen X'ers, how many of the newer generations even know about Khan?

None or very few but you still can't rush his character development into one movie unless it's 2hrs or something long. I honestly don't know who the bad guy is in this but whoever it may be they need to take a good chunk of time to work his character up and at least build the whole revenge bit up. If you rush that then it'll just seem weak and cliche.

IT'S GARY MITCHELL!!! Sweet lord, if I am wrong you can hold me to this and I will eat a stick of deodorant on youtube! LOL

I agree with you. I think it is Gary Mitchel too. In the teaser trailer you see him wearing a Starfleet Uniform. Khan never ###### a Starfleet uniform as he was never found anywhere near Earth. I think Gary Mitchel is the man.

IT'S GARY MITCHELL!!! Sweet lord, if I am wrong you can hold me to this and I will eat a stick of deodorant on youtube! LOL

definitely, although I'm still hoping Gary Mitchell might go out and get like a dream team of the best villains in Star Trek to attack Starfleet :)

My 2 cents on who it is :)

Okay, so I'm pretty certain it is Gary Mitchell.

Note: I put spaces in the http's bellow so they wouldn't auto create links and show through the spoiler tag.

1. In the Cannon Star Trek comics that are based in the prime universe Gary Mitchell gets his power in a similar way as in TOS. See Bellow

"In the comics, Dr. Dehner is not on board. She is said to have withdrawn her request for a transfer to the Enterprise after learning McCoy is on board. The two were apparently an item at some point, and it wasn?t a friendly breakup. So, since there?s no Dehner, Kirk is instead saved by Spock, courtesy of a surprise neck pinch on Mitchell (we?ll just set aside the logic of a sneak attack on a psychic?). Kirk then shoots Mitchell with his phaser, killing him." - h t t p://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/star-trek-comic-rule-gary-mitchell-star-trek-darkness-villain.html

2. In one of the few leaked photos they show Benedict Cumberbatch's character getting the Vulcan death grip, maybe filiming a flashback scene to give us a bit of the comic back story?

see h t t p://nerdbastards.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/StarTrek022712-thumb-550x385-84716.jpg

3. All the other reasons people think its him.

Right now, more evidence points to Gary Mitchell than Khan Noonien Singh. But for some reason I have a feeling that we might see Khan in the movie. Gary Mitchell supposedly died in 2265 and Khan was discovered in 2267.

Right now, more evidence points to Gary Mitchell than Khan Noonien Singh. But for some reason I have a feeling that we might see Khan in the movie. Gary Mitchell supposedly died in 2265 and Khan was discovered in 2267.

Since the first movie changed the timeline aren't events pushed forward a few years already? What I mean is that iirc Kirk didn't become captain till the full 9 year thing as stated in the first movie (or was it 7 years? gah I forget now), but in the movie he became captain in the 3 years he bet he could do it in. That to me means we've just moved things up a bit so I dunno if the dates from the original timeline can apply.

I don't think it's Khan either but I think they can use him as the bad guy in the 3rd. Unless they want to hold off and do something else after this one.

I think we are going to see Khan at the end of the credits, to give us a peek at things to come in the 3rd film.

I hope the third movie takes after "Balance of Terror". I think that would be better than a rehash of "Wrath".

Balance of Terror was great, and that teaser sure makes it seem this will be a wild ride.

One thing's for sure though: next summer looks to be awash in tentpole films - sheesh, better start saving up now :p

One thing's for sure though: next summer looks to be awash in tentpole films - sheesh, better start saving up now :p

Yeah going to be amazing :D

March can't come quick enough IMO. I hope to god the time between this and a possible 3rd movie doesn't take as long as this one has.

March can't come quick enough IMO. I hope to god the time between this and a possible 3rd movie doesn't take as long as this one has.

Hate to break it to ya, but it comes out in May. :)