Star Trek Into Darkness

Here's the rundown.

John Harrison/Khan? is part of the Botany Bay's sleeper cells that Peter Weller of Section 31 has found, confiscated, awoken, and recruited one member holding the rest hostage.

Harrison plays along with and then turns on Weller hoping to reawaken the rest of the sleepers, which may or may not include Khan, killing Admiral Pike in the process, decimating Star Fleet and fleeing with the sleeper cells forcing Kirk to disobey orders and seek revenge. Harrison captured.

The two hands picture on glass picture is after Harrison turns the tables and imprisons Kirk forcing Spock to do his bidding.

Spock re-turns the tables and the crew goes after Khan, a merry chase through the galaxy ending on Qo'Nos, where Harrison is offering tech to the Klingons where the final battle occurs.

Final scene: Kirk and Spock at the destroyed sleeper cells, one catches Kirk's attention, who points it out to Spock who says "Khan Noonien Singh'- and sure enough, Ricardo Montalban's face from Space Seed is digitally superimposed/recreated on the corpse,

Woah...

Either you work on the set or that is an amazing piece of fan fiction

Interesting how our friend Alfredodedarc hasn't replied to our questions yet.

Saw the preview of this last night at the cinema. Mixed feelings if I'm honest... visually looked awesome but it seemed pretty cheesy and clich?. And boy, not sure if it was just specific to the IMAX theatre I watched it in, but it was RIDICULOUSLY LOUD. I will of course go and see it when it comes out just because it's Star Trek - and that clip they keep eluding to of the Enterprise nosediving into a large body of water looks rather interesting :)

Saw the preview of this last night at the cinema. Mixed feelings if I'm honest... visually looked awesome but it seemed pretty cheesy and clich?. And boy, not sure if it was just specific to the IMAX theatre I watched it in, but it was RIDICULOUSLY LOUD. I will of course go and see it when it comes out just because it's Star Trek - and that clip they keep eluding to of the Enterprise nosediving into a large body of water looks rather interesting :)

The Enteprise looks like its gonna get quite a beating on this one so I am not surprised that is it crashing on the water, but then again, it could be Harrison's ship as well. We'll see.

Oh and by the way, JJ Abrahams doesn't make cheesy movies. The man is a master at what he does.

In Summer 2013, director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek Into Darkness.

In the wake of a shocking act of terror from within their own organization, the crew of The Enterprise is called back home to Earth. In defiance of regulations and with a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads his crew on a manhunt to capture an unstoppable force of destruction and bring those responsible to justice.

As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Castle/news/?a=71517

Oh and by the way, JJ Abrahams doesn't make cheesy movies. The man is a master at what he does.

That is your opinion - not fact. You're entitled to yours, I'm entitled to mine. I think the guy makes great movies but I still found what I saw in the trailer to be cheesy.

That is your opinion - not fact. You're entitled to yours, I'm entitled to mine. I think the guy makes great movies but I still found what I saw in the trailer to be cheesy.

You only saw a few minutes of it. The full movie will blow your mind. J.J Abrahams is a man of his word and when he said this movie is mind blowing, you better believe it. They got a bigger budget this time. Those visuals look pretty sick. Watching the Enterprise getting battered gave me goose bumps. The last time the NCC-1701 got really battered was on Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

On how director JJ Abrams pitched the role to Cumberbatch--

"JJ described the role in movie terms as a mixture of Hannibal Lector, Jack in the Shining and The Joker in Batman. There are sorts of levels to pitch in amongst quite a high bar as well to succeed in comparison to. It was a framework to understand this character before I saw the whole script."

What 'John Harrison' brings in terms of threat-level---

"He's someone who has extraordinary physical strength, he is someone who is incredibly dangerous as both a physical entity and as a user of various technologies and weapons. He performs acts of terrorism but he's also a psychological master. He manipulates the minds of those around him to do his bidding in a very, very subtle way. It was a wonderful game of mental chess...."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=71658

Man, if they can pull this character off it sounds like this could go down as one of the best movies in not only the series but in general for 2013.

JJ Abrams talks about Star Trek: Into Darkness:

"So this movie doesn?t require you have seen the first movie," says Abrams. "The characters are a group of people who have recently come together and find themselves up against

this incredibly terrifying force. His name is John Harrison and he is sort of an average ? that is what makes him so scary ? he is just an average guy who works in an organization called Starfleet, and he turns against the group because he has got this back-story and this kind of amazing secret agenda. After two very violent attacks, one in London and one in the US, our characters have to go after this guy and apprehend him. And it is a far more complicated and difficult thing then they ever anticipated. "Into Darkness" is very much about how intense it gets and really what they are up against.

"I love movies that are big and unabashedly a huge fan of big pop mass appeal movies. I do love that. I love being in a theater packed with people and everyone gasping at the same time and having that communal experience. I don?t like going to the movies to feel bad. I don?t like going to the movies to feel depressed and feel diminished. The reason you go to the movies is to feel bigger and stronger and happier. So this is a movie that they certainly go ?Into Darkness,? but I would be the wrong director if it was about characters staying there. This is very much a movie about hope, about love, about romance, and about facing something that is truly terrifying and finding a way through the connection of your family and surviving and being stronger afterwards."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=71687

The full movie will blow your mind. J.J Abrahams is a man of his word and when he said this movie is mind blowing, you better believe it.

Sorry, stop idolising - it's making you sound like JediXAngel! You haven't seen the movie so your opinion is no more or less valid than his!

Sorry, stop idolising - it's making you sound like JediXAngel! You haven't seen the movie so your opinion is no more or less valid than his!

Also its J.J Abrams

On how director JJ Abrams pitched the role to Cumberbatch--

"JJ described the role in movie terms as a mixture of Hannibal Lector, Jack in the Shining and The Joker in Batman. There are sorts of levels to pitch in amongst quite a high bar as well to succeed in comparison to. It was a framework to understand this character before I saw the whole script."

http://www.comicbook...y/news/?a=71658

Those shots are looking good, I think this will end up better than the first one and I really liked the first one so that's great.

Those shots are looking good, I think this will end up better than the first one and I really liked the first one so that's great.

I know. Those pictures look great.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw The Hobbit (IMAX) today and they ran an extended premiere before the film of the Volcano scene with a perfect cutaway/cliffhanger before running the rest of the teaser. It looked amazing in 3D. I can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...