New modded Xbox 360 Case!

Hi all!

Well, after a bad firmware flash, looking at my Xbox 360 in pieces and waiting for a new DVD drive to arrive,i decided to deck out my 360 with some cool case mods! :D

post-47979-1242723612_thumb.jpg

post-47979-1242723533_thumb.jpg

I have bought so far :

XCM black Knight Chameleon Case - cycles through 7 colours (red, purple, green, yellow, blue, green and orange)

XCM Black HDD Shell

See through cover for the DVD Drive

Chrome Air Vent

Blue LED Ring of Light

New Sammy Drive spoofed as Hitachi with Ixtreme 1.6 (you don't worry about that lol)

So i was wondering about your opinions and if ANYONE ELSE HAS MODDED THEIR CASE, YOU SHOULD POST IT IN THIS THREAD! :)

I like the black and blue combination. Imo the LED thing on the side looks cheap. But I don't understand the appeal of LED's in cases and towers, so don't mind me :p

Fugly and looks cheap. The stock Elite design has a shred of elegance about it, which is now gone in place of some hideous ricing.

Lol, the LEDs arnt that bright and don't stand out like that ..its just my photos were taking off my phone camera (and we all know how awesome they are ;)).

In 'real life', it's more of a blended kinda glow, rather than 20 LEDs that stand out each to their own.

This is much more elegant if you want to mod Xbox 360 especially because of the noise of the drive.

-snip snip snip-

I'd still prefer a slimmer xbox case with all the games I play installed to hard drive, so it runs silently. I'm now taking a pic of mine.. Gotta tidy desk a bit :p cba.

Okay, just took pics, didn't tidy desk, I'm really ill at the moment and I'm redecorating my room when I've recovered :p

post-197001-1242727698_thumb.jpg

post-197001-1242727733_thumb.jpg

post-197001-1242727748_thumb.jpg

The xbox itself is a Jasper Arcade unit, with my launch console's 20gb hdd manually upgraded to 120gb. custom paint job, as done by myself. I have about 2 1/2 xbox cases in my room alone, as well as a 360 that isn't in a case. (doesn't work, saving for replacement parts) lol!

Might give it a new paint job in the summer. i put my screen on top of the 360 as it covers no ventilation holes and sits the same height as my pc monitor, perfect when dual screening.

Sorry for the ****ty images, just snapped a pic, resized and posted :p

Edited by Brad.

The only one I like is what Boz posted but even then that looks like a PC, don't think it would look great under my TV.

But I'm a boring old man, I don't really like LEDs or mods, just the vanilla case :p I have an Antec P-180 for my PC for example, tall pain black sleek case, no mods. I'd kill for a white or black 360 to replace my Halo console, I'm praying it RRODs :p Or does anyone have any shells of 360s lying around?

I'd kill for a white or black 360 to replace my Halo console, I'm praying it RRODs :p Or does anyone have any shells of 360s lying around?

Same here, man. That thing is UGLY! Looks like some cheap toy thanks to the orange-brown chrome finish and the sewage green... :x

Whoever designed it and actually thought it looked cool... wtf was he thinking! It's like the first thing you notice in the entertainment setup. But anyway, my father bought that for my brother. I guess I can't complain, though he agrees how ugly it looks. He thought that was the stock color, lol!

Or does anyone have any shells of 360s lying around?

-raises hand- That's in case I need to offload my console though :p

Or does anyone have any shells of 360s lying around?

Get an XCM Full Replacement Case, they come in many different colours including black and white.

Get an XCM Full Replacement Case, they come in many different colours including black and white.

Do they have a good finish but? I don't want something that pales in comparison to how the original shell feels.

Do they have a good finish but? I don't want something that pales in comparison to how the original shell feels.

Not sure about the quality and finish of them, never actually been close to one in real life :laugh: But as far as I can see, it's the only real alternative if you want a case replacement and not go the "PC case" route. Perhaps there's a few Elite shells on Ebay?

I certainly wouldn't mind a glossy black case (everything else on my AV rack is glossy black :p) but I'm struggling to justify spending ?50 or so on a piece of plastic - for that, I could probably buy a used Elite and sell my 20GB pro to make up the difference).

Not sure about the quality and finish of them, never actually been close to one in real life :laugh: But as far as I can see, it's the only real alternative if you want a case replacement and not go the "PC case" route. Perhaps there's a few Elite shells on Ebay?

I'll have a look at reviews.

Depends on cost also, if it's about 40 or 50 quid or something I'll probably just save up for a new Arcade and get an upgrade in motherboard and cooling to boot! White or black I don't mind, I'd prefer black but the Wii is already white.

I'll have a look at reviews.

Depends on cost also, if it's about 40 or 50 quid or something I'll probably just save up for a new Arcade and get an upgrade in motherboard and cooling to boot! White or black I don't mind, I'd prefer black but the Wii is already white.

Just did a quick google, example of random website;

http://www.whitedog.co.uk/catalog/xcm-360-...ase/p-1103.html

?45 ... Whoa, overpriced. Go for the Arcade option instead:pp

• 3 months later...

HAHA really? ill tell you what sucks about the case..im so use to my old habit of putting my games DVD wallet on top of my 360 (i lay it down) that i never really see the chaninge lights much anymore :p

It does have a nice glow too it, projecting it onto the surrounding area when i do move my DVD wallet. It's a more 'spread light' than the photos suggest :)

Ive not modded my case yet, I recently replaced the fans in my 360 to try and make it a bit more quiet.

At some point I intend to mod the case and have a big see through window at the top and maybe some blue lights to match the new fans I?ve got in the case.

fans1.jpg

fans2.jpg

fans3.jpg