New modded Xbox 360 Case!

Are those fans any noticeable quieter than the stock ones? I hate noise from fans lol :p

Yes and no, when running them in 5v mode the 360 is very quiet. I think this 360 has a problem as the fans gradually spin up getting louder and louder even when just idle on the dashboard. Once the 360 has warmed up the fans just run in 12v mode all the time which is just as bad as the stock fans it had.

I wouldn?t expect amazing results, the other 360 I have with stock fans is practically silent compared to this one even after its been playing Gears for two hours.

The blue glow in a dark room is kind of nice thoug;);)

I have to agree with t0mbi...how can it look any cheaper than a pure white arcade...

The 'chrome' (not silver) I think looks quite nice on the 'old' defunct mid range 360 and the elite.

Could you imagine ringing MS

"Hello...yes, my console has 4 blue rings...can you help?"

MS

"Er...blue rings...I'm...WHAT?!"

haha

They will extend warranty to 5 years then.

BROD is something unexpected ! :rofl:

The 360 arcade drive tray is just white plastic? Didn't know that, that must look much better.

I think the chrome tray looks tacky as hell, I wanted to pickup an elite cause it's black but if money carries on being tight I must just get an arcade if the above is true!

The 360 arcade drive tray is just white plastic? Didn't know that, that must look much better.

I think the chrome tray looks tacky as hell, I wanted to pickup an elite cause it's black but if money carries on being tight I must just get an arcade if the above is true!

Yeah the arcade tray is white plastic, pro and elite trays are crome

No more pr0 tho.

Tbh your best off getting the Elite, or you'll only kick yourself later when you go to buy a hard drive and it all adds up. Plus for the prices elite's are right now, you can't go wrong really.

I remember looking on play.com the other day, they had an xbox elite with a few games (the scene-it movie thing), controller, hdmi, etc for ?199.99, and then the one below it was an xbox elite with nothing, for the same price?

No more pr0 tho.

Tbh your best off getting the Elite, or you'll only kick yourself later when you go to buy a hard drive and it all adds up. Plus for the prices elite's are right now, you can't go wrong really.

I already have a 360 but I'm looking to replace it because it's a horrible colour (halo green) and it's an older model.

Well I've finished my repairs (my xbox had the RROD) and I'm up and running again :woot:

It wasn't a great mod, I just wanted to get the damn box working again:

• 12V fan Mod with external power supply
  • 50MM fan on top of GPU heat sink extension
  • Extended GPU heat sink with copper foil
  • Small window on top of new fan with Plexiglas
  • X-clamp mod (+ arctic silver)
  • Passive heat sinks on RAM and HANA chip

To do:

• Add some leds
  • Voltage regulator (at 12V it's more a Boeing 747 at take-off power than a console)

I need help with:

A way to turn on the fans when the machine boots (may be a relay)

A fan voltage regulator

So any idea will be appreciated :)

Some pics:

Before....:

rrode.jpg

After:

img0602u.jpg

img0604y.jpg

Edited by Draken

I already have a 360 but I'm looking to replace it because it's a horrible colour (halo green) and it's an older model.

Surely that's a waste of money... might as well wait until the thing craps about before you spend money replacing it just for the colour of it.

Surely that's a waste of money... might as well wait until the thing craps about before you spend money replacing it just for the colour of it.

I have an obsession with making anything gadget wise match the rest of my collection, especially in a home theatre setup. I have a choice now to get a Black 360, but I never had/still don't have the choice of a black Wii. My portables are all white (PSP/DS/iPhone), and I want my consoles to be black :p (because my TV/sound system and TV stand are) I hate colours, make things look like toys/childish, I'm a boring old man.

As for it crapping out, I've had the red rings briefly before, but it turned on right away after a complete power down and unplug and has worked fine since.

I'm pretty sure a mate would buy it off me if I changed it, so I'd get a little money back.

I have an obsession with making anything gadget wise match the rest of my collection, especially in a home theatre setup. I have a choice now to get a Black 360, but I never had/still don't have the choice of a black Wii. My portables are all white (PSP/DS/iPhone), and I want my consoles to be black :p (because my TV/sound system and TV stand are) I hate colours, make things look like toys/childish, I'm a boring old man.

As for it crapping out, I've had the red rings briefly before, but it turned on right away after a complete power down and unplug and has worked fine since.

I'm pretty sure a mate would buy it off me if I changed it, so I'd get a little money back.

Whilst having everything matching colour certainly looks nicer, I for one wouldn't pay out more just to have it matching. Guess I am not as obsessed as you though. ;)

True, you could probably sell it and buy a new one and will have only spent a little bit of money to ease your OCD. :p

Whilst having everything matching colour certainly looks nicer, I for one wouldn't pay out more just to have it matching. Guess I am not as obsessed as you though. ;)

True, you could probably sell it and buy a new one and will have only spent a little bit of money to ease your OCD. :p

I most definitely have a mild case of OCD when it comes to things like this :p

Controllers are another one, I couldn't stand to have controllers that don't match the colour of my console. I mean my mate has a pink 360 controller, all the fischer price red/blue ones look bad enough, but pink? :p

I most definitely have a mild case of OCD when it comes to things like this :p

Controllers are another one, I couldn't stand to have controllers that don't match the colour of my console. I mean my mate has a pink 360 controller, all the fischer price red/blue ones look bad enough, but pink? :p

I would maybe be tempted to get a different colour controller, but only if it was significantly cheaper than that of the normal colour, otherwise its standard FTW.

I have an obsession with making anything gadget wise match the rest of my collection, especially in a home theatre setup. I have a choice now to get a Black 360, but I never had/still don't have the choice of a black Wii.

Why do you not have the choice of a black Wii?

http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=16847

Or you could import http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/697348/T...-Blackness.html