• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 maydagirl

maydagirl

Resident One Post Wonder

• 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:47

First, i downloaded iCandy xp theme from here
and then it said i need either a software or a freeware to help the theme function properly, so i downloaded the freeware uxtheme.dll patch from here

and then,, i clicked PATCH and then windows notification came up, that the files on microsofts been replaced by unrecognized version and said i must insert the Windows service pack 3 CD. so i clicked IGNORE (i know. i didnt read the uxtheme.dll carefully because it said click REBOOT right away after PATCH) so the microsoft notification FROZE! then i realized that i need to reboot so i clicked REBOOT on the uxtheme.dll

but the screen froze!!! so i restarted. and then now... my taskbar looks different(like classic windows xp style) so i went to display settings to change back to windows XP style and this error code shows up
it says - Some files failed to load and then when i click OK.. DATA EXECUTION something came up and it said Run DLL as an APP ... now. i dunnno what to do to get it back to normal.

btw,,, i went back to the website of uxtheme.dll and i unpatched the file and rebooted again.. but nuttin changed!! so pls help!! and thankyou for taking time!

#2 thomasfrank09

thomasfrank09

Neowinian

• 71 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 17:52

is there an official microsoft .dll you can download and replace the modified one with?

#3 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,649 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:15

click on run, and type "sfc /scannow" then insert your XP CD, you have the original

#4 evo0o

evo0o

Straylight

• 3,553 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 18:35

the uxtheme.dll that you got from that site was probably not compatible with your version. neowin used to have a great auto patcher, try looking for that in the customization section.

icandy? :D

#5 neodorian

neodorian

Neowinian

• 314 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:15

Download and run the uxtheme.dll patcher for XP SP3:

http://www.softpedia...e-Patcher.shtml

Then install your...uh..."interesting" theme :laugh:

#6 Lord Ba'al

Lord Ba'al

Brain user

• 2,649 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:21

Download and run the uxtheme.dll patcher for XP SP3:

http://www.softpedia...e-Patcher.shtml

Neowin also has a uxtheme patcher.

Then install your...uh..."interesting" theme :laugh:

Whoever designed *that* is colour blind :pinch:

#7 neodorian

neodorian

Neowinian

• 314 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:24

Neowin also has a uxtheme patcher.

Oh totally, I just googled it rather than looking here. I think that's how I found Neowin back in the day actually.

That theme is like a technicolor vomit but, hey...customization is there for a reason....do what you like :) I personally looked for the nice minimalist themes back in my XP days so I could get rid of the default and outdated look.