Problem with uxtheme.dll

First, i downloaded iCandy xp theme from here

and then it said i need either a software or a freeware to help the theme function properly, so i downloaded the freeware uxtheme.dll patch from here

and then,, i clicked PATCH and then windows notification came up, that the files on microsofts been replaced by unrecognized version and said i must insert the Windows service pack 3 CD. so i clicked IGNORE (i know. i didnt read the uxtheme.dll carefully because it said click REBOOT right away after PATCH) so the microsoft notification FROZE! then i realized that i need to reboot so i clicked REBOOT on the uxtheme.dll

but the screen froze!!! so i restarted. and then now... my taskbar looks different(like classic windows xp style) so i went to display settings to change back to windows XP style and this error code shows up

it says - Some files failed to load and then when i click OK.. DATA EXECUTION something came up and it said Run DLL as an APP ... now. i dunnno what to do to get it back to normal.

btw,,, i went back to the website of uxtheme.dll and i unpatched the file and rebooted again.. but nuttin changed!! so pls help!! and thankyou for taking time!

click on run, and type "sfc /scannow" then insert your XP CD, you have the original

the uxtheme.dll that you got from that site was probably not compatible with your version. neowin used to have a great auto patcher, try looking for that in the customization section.

icandy? :D

Neowin also has a uxtheme patcher.

Oh totally, I just googled it rather than looking here. I think that's how I found Neowin back in the day actually.

That theme is like a technicolor vomit but, hey...customization is there for a reason....do what you like :) I personally looked for the nice minimalist themes back in my XP days so I could get rid of the default and outdated look.