[hobby] Guns.

I feel like sometimes im the only one in the US that has a hard on for them, I rarely see them at ranges anymore, around here anyways.

Round here is usually Ak's and AR's I think ive seen a P90 maybe once or twice.

nice. real nice.

saw that gun featured on 'top shot' and then read about it.

Yup its also in enemy at the gates and a few other movies, its also the rifle you get in call of duty:world at war when you reach level 21 in multiplayer lol. Oh and its also in call of duty, call of duty 2 and metal gear solid 3 :p

Right now, I just have a Sig Sauer 2022 (love this gun, but I wish I had it in .40 and not 9mm) and a .22 marlin plinker.

My to-get list is long. I am in the process of getting my CCW license, so I am looking at getting a more concealable sidearm. I'm not sure my 2022 is really concealable, and I would like a .40 or higher. What are your guys' thoughts on CCW caliber?

I also am looking at picking up a Mossberg 500 or Remmy 870 for trap/skeet.

I keep thinking I'll get into hunting and get a nice rifle, but that will probably be a while. There are lots of opportunities out here in Colorado for this.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

This is my home defense/zombie blaster.Double 00 buckshot or slug will take any bad guy down :D.My other rifles are just for the range and just in case something like red dawn happens lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My handguns

C&B = cap & ball/black powder

FB = flintlock black powder & ball

.500 S&W Magnum - Magnum Research BFR (big f.... revolver)

.50 Action Express - Desert Eagle

45/70 Govt. (rifle round) - Thompson Center Contender (multiple calibers)

.44 Magnum - Smith & Wesson #29 (Dirty Harry's gun)

.44 Magnum - Ruger Super Blackhawk

.44 C&B - Colt 1860 Army (original & replica)

.44 C&B - Remington 1858 New Model Army (original & replica)

.44 C&B - Colt 1847 Walker (BIG!) (replica)

.40 FB - 1825 American naval belt pistol (flintlock - replica)

.357 Magnum - Smith & Wesson #686

.45 ACP - SIG Sauer GSR (stainless Colt M1911 clone)

.40 S&W - SIG Sauer P239 (carry piece)

.40 S&W - SIG Sauer P250sc (subcompact carry piece)

9 mm - SIG Sauer P226

.22 LR/.22 Magnum - Ruger Single Six (convertable)

didn't know there was that much of a gun owning community here lol i thought neowin was more the people don't kill people guns do attitude type :whistle: anywho here's our arsenal of common infantry weapons + we use Sig P226 side arm. I tend to use the C9 LMG (minimi) mostly.

and yes that tube on far end is CG 84mm

training14.jpg

Just got some range time with new .40 Sig Sauer P250-sc (subcompact). Managed to put 200 rounds through it.

Cons: so far my only complaints are the fixed rear sights (dead on out of the box, but still & getting replaced) and the takedown lever was a little stiff. The latter is mainly notable because it's so low profile & absent a "traction bump" - this better for concealed carry so it wont catch on anything. Some synthetic gun grease helped a lot, and I'm sure a little use will take care of the rest.

Pros: everything else.

Indoor range using .40 Winchester 165gr FMJ ammo (full metal jacket)

No malfunctions. Zero. Zip. Period. This thing shoots like a BMW drives.

The double action (DA) trigger is smooth as silk, one of the best DA's I've ever used. While rated at a 5.5 - 6.5 lb pull it feels more like 4 - 4.5. I prefer DA for carrying for the safety reasons.

No significant (or even percieved) muzzle jump; IP = AP. I admit to holding low at first anticipating a little because it's so light (25 oz), but nope. Recoil is well managed, especially for such a light gun.

VERY accurate!! 50 standing 2 hand shots @ 25 yards with all but 4 in the thorax ring in a man target - the other 4 were early shots while holding low that ended up in the abdominal ring. Bench groups ran 3.5" - 4", very good for a subcompact DA with a short barrel & sight radius. Can't wait to try this with the full-size conversion kit.

Carry ammo will be Remington Golden Sabre HPJ (High Performance Jacket) - expensive, but worth it.

• 5 months later...

Trying out the Federal .40 135 HST created for ICE, the Border Patrol etc. They didn't pick it up and now it's being sold through WalMart and in 155-180 as .40 Tactical HST. Dig the hollow point on this thing compared to a Winchester Ranger T -

So far using water bottles and denim it expands perfectly symmetrical to .82" - a pancake. Huge.

Federal left - Winchester right

40HST360.jpg40RangerT.jpg

• 1 year later...

My first. PX4 9mm

gtF3ruKl.jpg

The first magazine I expended from about 30 feet... i'm lazily practicing to keep my trigger finger straight on the first knuckle

ydVLXi6l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

S&W Sigma40VE .40 cheap and fun

2 Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro blued .40

S&W 669 9mm don't like it selling it

Ruger LCP .380

Springfield XDM 40

The sigma is my concealed carry and so is the Ruger I carry both at the same time I used to do it as a joke and it became second nature also carry spare mags for each and a pocket knife that was part of the joke.

• 1 month later...

Well sold a bunch of guns and got a few new ones.

SW40VE sigma

Taurus PT140

Ruger LCP .380

DPMS Oracle

Cobra FS .380

Trying to get a Rossi .357 6" revolver in stainless steele

• 1 month later...

I had to sell mine because of a legal issue. Sold all the ammo and guns. Hopefully in 2 years or 3 I can rebuy.

I don't know whether I should get 9mm again or go for 40. I had 9 before and invested heavily in it. And bought other 9mm hand guns since I had nothing but 9mm ammo. Now when I get them again I might just figure out what's in stock and buy.

If 40 is in stock and not 9 I'll buy bulk of 40 and .40 pistols. If 9 is in and not 40 I'll buy that.

Gen 4 Glock 23 (replace Glock 19)

Smith and Wesson M&P 40c (replace M&P 9 full size)

And probably pick up a S&W bodyguard 380.

Then tax time, maybe an AR 15.

I had to sell mine because of a legal issue. Sold all the ammo and guns. Hopefully in 2 years or 3 I can rebuy.

I don't know whether I should get 9mm again or go for 40. I had 9 before and invested heavily in it. And bought other 9mm hand guns since I had nothing but 9mm ammo. Now when I get them again I might just figure out what's in stock and buy.

If 40 is in stock and not 9 I'll buy bulk of 40 and .40 pistols. If 9 is in and not 40 I'll buy that.

Gen 4 Glock 23 (replace Glock 19)

Smith and Wesson M&P 40c (replace M&P 9 full size)

And probably pick up a S&W bodyguard 380.

Then tax time, maybe an AR 15.

Sorry to hear about your legal issue... and your guns/supplies are gone.... was it about divorce? If so, I hate that.

A friend of mine got divorced and had to sell his favorite 4x4 diesel chevy truck. He keeps telling me that he misses his truck.