[hobby] Guns.

• 2 weeks later...

sometimes I wish I didn't live in Canada...

Canada? I live in Australia no guns, no airsoft, no slingshots.. Some of these weapons are just beautiful to look at.

i have a xd9 compact, trijicon night sites, and a hogue grip. plan on getting a trigger job done soon.

its also my daily carry. thinking of getting a smaller 9 though.

4319707476_435ca81a91_o.jpg

I really wish we had some different gun laws over here, I would have bought a Bushmaster ACR and fitted a different barrel and receiver so it could fire 7.62x39mm, saw the design origin of it, the Magpul Masada in "Future Weapons" on Discovery and fell in love.

I'm not necessarily in love with guns, but I remember shooting being pretty fun back home when I was a kid. People from major cities here in Canada seem to be pretty anti-gun ownership. The laws are a little over the top too, especially for handguns. Wouldn't be surprised if you had to walk to a police station with your gun in an opaque box above your head just so you could clean it. I read somewhere that on the application for a PAL license, if you check off home defence as one of the uses they basically keep rejecting you no matter how many times you apply.

Been a proud owner of a Glock 22 with license to carry since 1994. I enjoy going to the shooting range twice a month, it's a good way of both keeping proficient with the gun and venting some stress from work.

What is the reason for being proficient with a gun?!? And don't tell me "guns don't kill people, people kill people"!

What is the reason for being proficient with a gun?!? And don't tell me "guns don't kill people, people kill people"!

just like when someone goes and shoots a basketball so they can get better at it, but its not like they are going to be playing in the NBA.

that was a really dumb question and you were just trying to troll people.

To give a real reason to this question - what's the point in owning and carrying a firearm if you can't hit your intended target consistently? You may as well throw the whole gun at the target - it would be just as effective if you can't shoot consistently.

Being proficient means that you will be able to hit your intended target - thereby giving you a much higher chance of stopping the threat, and a much lower chance of missing your intended target and hitting people or property in the area unintentionally.

sorry, I love guns, but I just find this whole american attitude of "protection" and "stopping the threat" hilarious. Why? Because most people stand in plain sight and yell at the intruder first, exposing themselves to harm (and they usually receive it). If I have an intruder in my house, I would grab my wakizashi and my pvc cable saw, then stealthily find out where they are and how many. If only one, wait around a corner and choke them with the saw when they go by, more and I use the sword. The important thing is to be quiet and out of sight as long as possible and to attack unexpectedly. I'm not saying you can't do that with a gun, but a) I don't have a gun, b) as I said, most people don't even think of being silent when using a gun, they just think they're invincible.

How often do you have burglars come into your house to warrant a gun for protection? If it's often enough to warrant a gun, perhaps you should instead make it a bit less appealing for them in the first place, such as having good locks on your doors and barring your windows.

im speechless

i dont even know why some people think "protection" is hillarious.

its right us AMERICANS have. protect your self..it doesnt have to be with a gun but a gun is going to out perform a cable saw and a sword.

I own a gun, a pistol, Glock 19 law enforcement issue. Later this week I'll be picking up another LE Glock 26.

I carry the Glock 19 daily, the Glock 26 I'll have as a backup, or just have it when I really need to conceal.

How many other people here own guns, and carry.

This topic shall remain TROLL FREE. Zero bull****. It's not meant to be a debate.

Why do people always need to get a word in, even though they are asked not to turn this in to a flame war about gun carrying laws? GTFO! Nobody cares if you think Americans are ridiculous for carrying personal firearms.

Anyways, I have many different rifles that I have used to hunt with, and a few for target practice. I also have a few shotguns. I am not really that interested in shotguns, but I used them for shooting clay pigeons before. I am saving up for a Glock 30 right now. That will be my carry weapon (after I register it, of course). Dane I am fairly sure that the Glock 26 is close in size to the 30. I know the 30 is about 1.27" wide. That is the only dimension I am worried about. I am not a huge guy so this might need to be strapped to my chest or something. Do you have any issues concealing yours?

im speechless

i dont even know why some people think "protection" is hillarious.

its right us AMERICANS have. protect your self..it doesnt have to be with a gun but a gun is going to out perform a cable saw and a sword.

running into a room yelling "I'm done gon shoot you!" if not going to protect you very well (sorry, had to say the stereotype). Honestly, most people think they're invincible when they have a gun in their hand, so they make a lot of noise and end up getting shot themselves. Do you really expect somebody breaking into your house to NOT have a gun themselves? Let alone not only be as or more proficient in it's use as you, but have shot people before? Most people hesitate shooting somebody the first time, that hesitation will probably not happen with the burglar.

Why do people always need to get a word in, even though they are asked not to turn this in to a flame war about gun carrying laws? GTFO! Nobody cares if you think Americans are ridiculous for carrying personal firearms.

Anyways, I have many different rifles that I have used to hunt with, and a few for target practice. I also have a few shotguns. I am not really that interested in shotguns, but I used them for shooting clay pigeons before. I am saving up for a Glock 30 right now. That will be my carry weapon (after I register it, of course). Dane I am fairly sure that the Glock 26 is close in size to the 30. I know the 30 is about 1.27" wide. That is the only dimension I am worried about. I am not a huge guy so this might need to be strapped to my chest or something. Do you have any issues concealing yours?

as I said, I love guns. I am honest when I say that. They are good for hunting, and for target practice. They are not great home protection.

I put my G26 in an IWB holster that I use for my G19 and the holster sticks out more then the gun. I have to get a holster that fits it correctly, until then I wont carry it.

Also, there is no registry in PA, go to the gun store, buy it, fill out the record of sale and go. Apply for a license to carry, and you're set.

A good website for you since you're in PA as well is pafoa.org

running into a room yelling "I'm done gon shoot you!" if not going to protect you very well (sorry, had to say the stereotype). Honestly, most people think they're invincible when they have a gun in their hand, so they make a lot of noise and end up getting shot themselves. Do you really expect somebody breaking into your house to NOT have a gun themselves? Let alone not only be as or more proficient in it's use as you, but have shot people before? Most people hesitate shooting somebody the first time, that hesitation will probably not happen with the burglar.

as I said, I love guns. I am honest when I say that. They are good for hunting, and for target practice. They are not great home protection.

EVERY single statement you have made in this thread show how ignorant of reality you choose to live in, people in movies do what you are implying, a real gun owner has a plan in place and a course of action

I put my G26 in an IWB holster that I use for my G19 and the holster sticks out more then the gun. I have to get a holster that fits it correctly, until then I wont carry it.

Also, there is no registry in PA, go to the gun store, buy it, fill out the record of sale and go. Apply for a license to carry, and you're set.

A good website for you since you're in PA as well is pafoa.org

I see, I see. So is your holster visible? Or do you cover it with clothing?

I will check out that site to see what the laws are. Thanks. :)

sorry, I love guns, but I just find this whole american attitude of "protection" and "stopping the threat" hilarious. Why? Because most people stand in plain sight and yell at the intruder first, exposing themselves to harm (and they usually receive it). If I have an intruder in my house, I would grab my wakizashi and my pvc cable saw, then stealthily find out where they are and how many. If only one, wait around a corner and choke them with the saw when they go by, more and I use the sword. The important thing is to be quiet and out of sight as long as possible and to attack unexpectedly. I'm not saying you can't do that with a gun, but a) I don't have a gun, b) as I said, most people don't even think of being silent when using a gun, they just think they're invincible.

How often do you have burglars come into your house to warrant a gun for protection? If it's often enough to warrant a gun, perhaps you should instead make it a bit less appealing for them in the first place, such as having good locks on your doors and barring your windows.

The problem with your little plan is that you have to get one on one with the intruder. A gun lets you keep distance so you have more options in case it doesn't stop them.

The problem with your little plan is that you have to get one on one with the intruder. A gun lets you keep distance so you have more options in case it doesn't stop them.

and its not like guns can be used for other stuff.

hunting and target practice (like in the above picture)