[hobby] Guns.

EVERY single statement you have made in this thread show how ignorant of reality you choose to live in, people in movies do what you are implying, a real gun owner has a plan in place and a course of action

no, RESPONSIBLE gun owners do. Apparently you live in a fantasy world where every gun owner is responsible. They're not.

Carrying a gun increases the chances of you being hurt or killed. Don't believe me? There's research: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17922-carrying-a-gun-increases-risk-of-get-shot-and-killed.html

As I said, guns are great for hunting and target practice, they are not great for protection.

The problem with your little plan is that you have to get one on one with the intruder. A gun lets you keep distance so you have more options in case it doesn't stop them.

it's a bit hard for them to do anything when you're standgling them from behind. Not only that. but this way I don't end up with blood and bain matter all over the room and possibly hurt an innocent family member or neighbor. Ya, I'll stick with the old personal weapons myself.

it's a bit hard for them to do anything when you're standgling them from behind. Not only that. but this way I don't end up with blood and bain matter all over the room and possibly hurt an innocent family member or neighbor. Ya, I'll stick with the old personal weapons myself.

Krav Maga, Systema, and Aikido all teaches you how to kill someone even while being choked from behind. But if I there is a ten foot gap between me and the intruder then they are not close enough to disarm, and I have more than enough room to hit a man-sized target twice in the chest.

See how easily someone trained can get out of being choked from behind. You're not invincible either, you're dead.

I see, I see. So is your holster visible? Or do you cover it with clothing?

I will check out that site to see what the laws are. Thanks. :)

Right now you can take notice to the holster under the shirt just a little bit. When I get a correct size holster for the G26, possibly either a high noon, or a don hume, I think you wouldn't be able to tell...Unless you knew it was there.

for the G19 I have a blackhawk IWB holster, and a Serpa. Most of the time it's just there not covered because my coat covers it. In the summer, I just put the serpa on and tuck my shirt behind it, and open carry. It's too much a hassle to try and conceal it with just a t shirt.

The G26 would be perfect to conceal with just a t shirt (or pistol of same size or smaller).

Krav Maga, Systema, and Aikido all teaches you how to kill someone even while being choked from behind. But if I there is a ten foot gap between me and the intruder then they are not close enough to disarm, and I have more than enough room to hit a man-sized target twice in the chest.

<snip>

See how easily someone trained can get out of being choked from behind. You're not invincible either, you're dead.

not only that, it hasn't occurred to him that the intruder himself may have a firearm. wtf his silly cable or lolsword going to do for him then? Yet he has the nerve to say others live in a fantasy world. :laugh:

please fellas, dont argue with him. he's one of those special cases you only see on tv.

The U.S and Canada might appear the same but their pretty different, only a tiny minority of home invasions here involve guns and those are either guys raiding a drug house or targeting gun owners so they can steal their weapons. You don't really need a gun in Canada for defense but in a country with 14000+ homicides, I'd want to be a trained gun owner aswell.

no, RESPONSIBLE gun owners do. Apparently you live in a fantasy world where every gun owner is responsible. They're not.

Carrying a gun increases the chances of you being hurt or killed. Don't believe me? There's research: http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17922-carrying-a-gun-increases-risk-of-get-shot-and-killed.html

As I said, guns are great for hunting and target practice, they are not great for protection.

it is some dumbass study from philly, not trying to be offensive, but chances are if both people had guns, its gang related,

the BATF says guns are more helpful in home invasions, sorry im going to trust them

Seriously? SpecialK pointed out above that a trained person can get out of a choke hold and turn the tables on you. I'd rather clean up blood and brain matter than be dead.

Then why do police officers and the like carry weapons? Oh, that's right - for protection.

not only that, it hasn't occurred to him that the intruder himself may have a firearm. wtf his silly cable or lolsword going to do for him then? Yet he has the nerve to say others live in a fantasy world. :laugh:

lolsword..... lol :p

Seriously? SpecialK pointed out above that a trained person can get out of a choke hold and turn the tables on you. I'd rather clean up blood and brain matter than be dead.

Then why do police officers and the like carry weapons? Oh, that's right - for protection.

lolsword..... lol :p

and if you dont want blood or brain matter, just use hallow points!

You're serioously going to use THAT video to demonstrate how somebody can get out of it? a) he's holding the wire wrong. b) he's going too slow c) he's not applying pressure because he doesn't actually want to choke the guy. YES, there are ways of getting out, but it's not very likely somebody will know how.

Yes, the link I posted was done in philly, but they DID investigate what part of town, ethnicity, ect. It was not all gang violence.

not only that, it hasn't occurred to him that the intruder himself may have a firearm.

Actually, I did, which apparently you can't read because you're so quickly defending your "protection".

OK guys, even if you ignore me saying everything about the cable and sword, then there's still the point I touched on before and nobody has answered: If you are getting breakins, which make you feel you need a gun to protect your home, why don't you just make your home less sttractive a target by barring windows, getting a good lock, getting a backplate for the lock, getting an alarm, ect.? Isn't it better to deter than to risk the lives of yourself and your family?

You're serioously going to use THAT video to demonstrate how somebody can get out of it? a) he's holding the wire wrong. b) he's going too slow c) he's not applying pressure because he doesn't actually want to choke the guy. YES, there are ways of getting out, but it's not very likely somebody will know how.

Wow. You don't get it, do you. They're not really going to choke the person in order to make the video.

OK guys, even if you ignore me saying everything about the cable and sword, then there's still the point I touched on before and nobody has answered: If you are getting breakins, which make you feel you need a gun to protect your home, why don't you just make your home less sttractive a target by barring windows, getting a good lock, getting a backplate for the lock, getting an alarm, ect.? Isn't it better to deter than to risk the lives of yourself and your family?

I personally like most gun enthusiasts have the gun for home defense as a secondary objective, and not as a primary. I own guns because I find going to a target range and firing guns extremely relaxing because you can clear your head of everything else in the world besides shooting. Which I do with both firearms and bows, I also deer hunt in the season for it, as since I moved to Texas I have acquired a taste for fresh venison, and I went hunting as a boy and it's a fond memory.

I personally have an alarm system, and motion detectors set inside my house. However if they do get it into my house through whatever method they can, my family is now in danger until the five to fifteen minutes it would take for the police to arrive at my home. Which is ample time for any harm that could took place to take place. Never leave anything to chance.

I do not own any guns, but i've always wanted one that I could take to a gun range.

If I had $1700 for a gun, I would buy the F&N PS90.

Bottom one with the ACOG scope :)

PS90%20Aimpoint-Mini%20ACOG_comp.jpg

I do not own any guns, but i've always wanted one that I could take to a gun range.

If I had $1700 for a gun, I would buy the F&N PS90.

Bottom one with the ACOG scope :)

PS90%20Aimpoint-Mini%20ACOG_comp.jpg

I'd buy that one just because it's from Stargate Atlantis :p

Wow. You don't get it, do you. They're not really going to choke the person in order to make the video.

I do get it because I'm a black belt in Karate and Jiu-Jitsu and a level 2 of 4 in Kali Illustissimo. The techniques shown in that video require the person with the wire to be slow and not apply pressure. If somebody had a solid hold around your neck, those techniques are useless. As I said, there's ways to get out, but those aren't them.

SpecialK, despite you arguing with me, I can tell you at least can understand where I am coming from to some extent. As a secondary line of defense and as a secondary objective to buying the gun, that's great. But there are a lot of people who buy one having the gun as their primary, and usually only line of house protection. I have seen it in this thread even where people are talking about having their guns for protection. It shouldn't be that way. They should have them for the enjoyment of shooting them at a range, and if needs dictate, to possibly use it as personal protection.

I do get it because I'm a black belt in Karate and Jiu-Jitsu and a level 2 of 4 in Kali Illustissimo.

Excuse me then. I guess that makes you an expert. :rolleyes:

I have a Ruger p-94 9mm, a Mossberg mod 500 for trap shooting

Thats all I need pretty much right now

Over the years ive had an armalite ar15, S&W Model 500, Ruger p95 45, a savage 17hmr, and a few odd and end winchester 22's, a remington model 700 7mm magnum (that kicked like a bitch)

I dont do much with guns anymore, but soon I am going to buy a newer hunting rifle, maybe a remington 270 or a .223

I'm not going to get involved with any of the debates in this thread, so I'll just stick with listing my 'belongings' and the guns I frequently use.

- 20 gauge Shotgun

- Mauser Sniper Rifle (WW2. Steel butt.)

- .38 Revolver

- .22 Ruger

- 3 (Three) .22 Rifles

- .22 Revolver

I do hunt Turkey, but other than that I simply do 'target practice' to keep on top of my game. It truely is a skill. And a good one to have.

• 1 month later...

I am a gun lover, I live in the US.

The sad part is in our town we are slowly being overrun with drug addicts and convicts that are shooting people anymore for no reason.

I have an alarm system in my house and that wouldnt stop a druggy if they can get in and out before the cops show up in time.

I take care for 2 little sisters both under age 10 and I feel safer knowing that if someone broke in again that the gun is there so if they are armed.

I can protect my siblings from harm.

I personally want a Glock G36.

I have a WW2 Browning Shotgun but I haven't fired it since I got it, and I don't know if I'd want to risk shooting it.

• 3 weeks later...