Gundam Discussion Thread

Well I don't think they will do that, sure it can be included in the anime, but I can't see them basing a whole story on building prototype mobile suits. Formula for Gundam anime series : War-> Needs Soldiers->Soldiers-> Advanced Tech-> Mobile Suits->Gundam.

It can't be included in the anime since it's not part of the actual story, it's only part of the game. The anime follows the manga.

Well, if you know "Advance of Zeta" you should know that it's not only about building mobile suits but also about fighting with them. And no need to tell me about the formula for a Gundam series :p

I'm not saying that I'd like to see a full fledged anime series with such a story, but more like a side story. Perhaps like what they've done in Zeta Gundam. They where building and testing the Hiaku Shiki, Methuss and Zeta Gundam in the first half of the series. They could make a new series in which they're in a war and are in the process of building new successors to their current Gundam and show parts of that process.

Also, that "Destiny Impulse Gundam - Custom Build" looks pretty awesome.

Just watched the latest AGE episode. I really think

Asemu is a undercover pirate. Like I really think the Federation has the EXA-DB under wraps, and Asemu as a undercover secret agent is wanting to find out and destroy it/capture it for the Federation before the Vagans find it. You know, Flit says Asemu is dead, his reports say KIA. There's only one reason to disappear like that. Secret operations.

Well, he already explained why he became a pirate in the previous episode. It could indeed be the case since I found it rather odd how Flit instantly said all those things. Then again, he knows about pirate encounters from the past with the Federation and he has had them himself as well. So it could also be hate towards pirates. Though what you speculate might as well have some thruth in it. It's something tricky just fits really.

Though I do dislike the fact that it looks a lot like Gunam Unicorn's Laplace's Box. And item that could overthrow the Federation and could work in favour of Neo Zeon. Though Laplace's Box's is still a mystery.

One thing that bothers me in Advance of Zeta is how all the mobile suits look way more advanced than the ones in Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam and just way to different than any other mobile suit in the Universal Century. It's written by Satoshi Konno and Junichi Kamino who both have nothing to do with the Universal Century series so I'm kinda seeing it as non-canon for those reasons.

Wohoooo just got back from my Tokyo trip. Little bit Gundam shopping (I wish I could have bought more but it's damn pain in the back to carry those boxes all the way to Australia), also visited the 1:1 Gundam in Odaiba, I will post pictures soon.

I finished watching the released Unicorns, it's more than amazing. :D

I'm on AGE and I definitely like it too! :)

Although, about the AGE timeline, does it seem that the Gundam legacy they mention, could this timeline be a parallel to the UC. Just because they mentioned the Federation, but I don't believe they mean the Federation of the UC. I think I'm way over my head. :p

I finished watching the released Unicorns, it's more than amazing. :D

I'm on AGE and I definitely like it too! :)

Although, about the AGE timeline, does it seem that the Gundam legacy they mention, could this timeline be a parallel to the UC. Just because they mentioned the Federation, but I don't believe they mean the Federation of the UC. I think I'm way over my head. :p

Nope, they basically just copied a whole lot of things from the Universal Century. They made Gundam AGE to lure in a new and different audience.

@MrXXIV: Awesome stuff!

@Razorwing: That's a good looking RG version of Freedom Gundam right there!

Strangely that Gundam shop on the back had only Gundam cookies, chocolates etc :D. I actually do my Gundam shopping from Yodabashi, a very very big shopping center in Akihabara. They have a huge selection of Gundams plus other toys and you can get them tax free if you have your passport with you.

Pretty much any store in Tokyo sells Gundam btw :)

Strangely that Gundam shop on the back had only Gundam cookies, chocolates etc :D. I actually do my Gundam shopping from Yodabashi, a very very big shopping center in Akihabara. They have a huge selection of Gundams plus other toys and you can get them tax free if you have your passport with you.

Pretty much any store in Tokyo sells Gundam btw :)

Good tip there man. Will keep that in mind the next time I go (which is never again). lol. Good luck with the PG Strike Freedom, it's gonna be a hand full. Just becareful of the wings, it tends to be heavy. I've heard some breakage although nothing's happened to mine.. so far.

Good tip there man. Will keep that in mind the next time I go (which is never again). lol. Good luck with the PG Strike Freedom, it's gonna be a hand full. Just becareful of the wings, it tends to be heavy. I've heard some breakage although nothing's happened to mine.. so far.

Thanks Razorwing, I'll be careful, I already broke the wing of the booster of SkyGrasper, not very happy :/.

I actually literally run out of space to put my gundams. I already have 5 PG's, 2 Macross fighters, and 2 big MGs and I already run out of shelf space. Need to figure out a place to put on a new shelf.

Yeah, RGs are very fragile. I've had my MG Freedom fall off the shelf before, was surprised that it didn't break.

Thanks Razorwing, I'll be careful, I already broke the wing of the booster of SkyGrasper, not very happy :/.

I actually literally run out of space to put my gundams. I already have 5 PG's, 2 Macross fighters, and 2 big MGs and I already run out of shelf space. Need to figure out a place to put on a new shelf.

That's the main reason why I haven't been able to buy new ones. I have no space whatsoever. I could put my Final Fantasy: Advent Children figures back into their boxes and the figurines from Spawn that I have, but then I bought all of those for nothing, haha :p

Gundam < everything else on your shelf. lol.

73.jpg

http://gundamguy.blo...ver-ed-kai.html

1.jpg

http://gundamguy.blo...ver-ed-kai.html

920dbc6ejw1dtwtgek6e3j.jpg

^WTF F91 legs? LOL.

2000.jpg

FX Looking good.

Release dates for FX

AG 1/144 Gundam AGE-FX (Release Date: Jul 21st 2012, Price: 840 yen)

GB 1/100 Gundam AGE-FX (Release Date: Jul 21st 2012, Price: 3150 yen)

HG 1/144 Gundam AGE-FX (Release Date: Aug 2012, Price: 1680 yen)

First 2 look pretty cool but a bit too bulky/crowded/much.

Those legs aren't like the ones of F91. Though the chest is a whole different story. I'm wondering why the hell they're copying previous Gundam in such a blatant and obvious way :/

And yeah, AGE-FX looks good though I don't care much for the Gunpla. They're not worth my money IMO.

Well it's kinda like... ish. Obviously they won't out right just take it off the F91. I'm liking the design of the FX. Hope we get more clear pics soon.

Well it's kinda like... ish. Obviously they won't out right just take it off the F91. I'm liking the design of the FX. Hope we get more clear pics soon.

I've looked at both a bit better and the legs do look similar. Just like the flaps in the shoulder parts. Lame tbh :/ Though I'm guessing it'll be the Gundam from Vagan.

About the scale; I think it's an illusion. The Unicorn 2 'Banshee' next to it look to be the same size as the Type C [Defenser b-Unit]. I'd LOVE to have that one in MG 1/100 form. The mobile suit looks really great.

Also, those Ver. Ed are pretty radical. Not something that I'd buy but I do have respect for his talents. He's really good at making custom Gunpla.

That RG Infinite Justice has way too many panel lines if you ask me :/ Not liking that version that much.

Gundam AGE-2 is probably the best looking Gundam of all the AGE types. Specially the default one. It's head is also really nice. Too bar his flyer mode has the head sticking out in a weird way, lol. No idea what they where thinking with that :p

I think has more to do with the angle and the focus really.