Gundam Discussion Thread

• 4 months later...

I've got 13 1/100 MG in total + 1 1/100 HG and 1 1/144 which don't really count :p 4 of those 13 are the 3rd generation 00 Gundam suits from the first season of Gundam 00.

I used to. I honestly have no idea what happened to them though. I think my mom might have tossed them when I moved one time. I have been thinking about building some new models, but I think I want to find more of a warhammer 40,000 type robot that looks really badass for my next one. Any suggestions?

I used to. I honestly have no idea what happened to them though. I think my mom might have tossed them when I moved one time. I have been thinking about building some new models, but I think I want to find more of a warhammer 40,000 type robot that looks really badass for my next one. Any suggestions?

this.

The next Gundam 00 movie should come with some nice 1/100 MG Gunpla's. I guess that I'll be getting those so that I'll have the first ones from the series and the last ones :D I never really wanted to spend money on the season 2 suits. The only one which looked great was Cherudim and Seravee looked kinda awesome.

^I used to have every one of those except the one with red wings. I loved the far left one with the fluffy wings from Endless Waltz. I definitely can not think of where they could be so I'm sure either my ex stole them or my mom tossed them during one of my moves

Oh, I agree, I want that Heavy Arms too.

I like the display cases. I should definitely do that when I start doing models again (probably in the winter). I want to get an airbsuh and start airbrushing my models instead of brush painting them.

I don't know about you guys, but I think the new Gundams (i.e 00) are too plain and simple compared to the old versions ... I like them with you know Big Guns.. heck even the Freedom had that booster pack (I apologize, I haven't seen Seed/Seed Destiny in a while). They were all Mobile Suits armed to the Teeth.

@iron2000: Those are some nice display cases. I should similar ones for my collection :p

@Razorwing: It's not a boosterpack for Freedom :p It's actually part of the whole Mobile suit. Or do you mean the METEOR that was equipped to Freedom and Justice? Also, that Unicorn model looks way awesome :D

I've got both Freedom Gundam and Impulse Gundam as well. Plus I got Strike Noir, Gundam Exia, Gundam Dynames, Gundam Virtue, Gundam Nadleeh, Gundam Kyrios, RX-78- 2, RX-78-5, RX-93-ν-2 Hi-ν, RX-79 [G] and a MS-06R-1A Zaku II Black Trinity.

The RX models are my favourite ones and on 2nd place comes the SEED models. Just because those look like real fighting machines. The RX models and the SEED models are really fun to build and I usually spread the build over 2 days. It makes it more fun plus then I'll be able to concentrate better on stickers, lol :p

So yeah, the RX models and SEED models are my faves due to them being loads of fun to build, and they just look awesome. The SEED models even look like the RX models a whole lot more than the 00 Gundams. It's why I'm hoping that they're going to return to the classic designs after Gundam 00 is done.

Oh well, at least we've still got 2 episodes of Gundam Unicorn the next 2 years and 1 episode left this year :D

Yes Cap, BOOOOOSSSSTEEERRR PACK! :laugh: aka Meteor.

SEED-HG-MeteorUnit.jpg

Too bad they didn't make a Master Grade one that will fit the MG Freedom.

I can't wait until this hit stores

Real Grade RX-78-2

real-grade-rx-78-02.jpg

real-grade-rx-78-03.jpg

WANT. It's 1/144, but I don't care.. It's one that is a must get :D

or you can always put a GN DRIVE in it and call it the 0 Gundam hahahaha

Yeah I do collect gundams for a few years now. But I left all my stuff when I moved countries and now I started again. I will post some pictures if I can find some time.

In my new apartment, I am trying to build a shelf to start displaying anime stuff.

I got 2 perfect grades, one master grade and a macross frontier valkyrie built on my shelves.

I still have one more macross frontier valkyrie, 1 master grade gundam unicorn and 3 more perfect grades (Gundam Astray Red Frame, 00 Raiser, Gundam Zero - my second one) waiting to be assembled.

I wish had enough time.

^Nice collection :)

@Razorwing: I'm definitely gonna buy that as well. To bad it's 1/144 but that's alright for such an awesome looking model :D There's also gonna be a PG Strike Freedom :woot: Definitely gonna buy that one as well (Y)

^nice collection indeed.. I don't have enough money for PGs :(. But from what I see, MGs are now pretty well done to the point they can match PGs except for some minor details. But on that note.. I can't seem to find any details on the PG Strike Freedom.. you got any?

I've got this piece of information:

1.jpg

Someone tweeted it on Twitter :)

Um, so what are these? They look like blatant rip-offs of the 1980's transformers, but don't look like they actually transform

I am joking, I know these things are epic and that certain transformers are blatant rip-offs (Jetfire)

Um, so what are these? They look like blatant rip-offs of the 1980's transformers, but don't look like they actually transform

I am joking, I know these things are epic and that certain transformers are blatant rip-offs (Jetfire)

Pretty sure Gundams can blow Transformers out of the water. (note I am also a TF fan aswell)

@Capric0rn : Bah I want to see a final product! LOL.

I had built 5-6 MGs before I tried my first PG (it was my first Wing gundam zero) but after I finished the PG, to be honest, it became really hard to get back to MG. There are some really good ones out there ofcourse. For example just recently I finished RX-93-2 Hi-v Master Grade, and it's a complete beauty. I had lots of fun building it and the finished unit looks incredible.

Here are a few pictures if the Hi-v that I found online from other sources:

hinu-1.jpg

25zsfgz.jpg

2504efc.jpg

But other than that, most MGs feel quite blank after doing a few PGs.

^I've got that MG RX-93-2 Hi-v model as well and it was loads of fun building it. Lots of parts and lots of detail. I can also see MSN-06S Sinanju on that last picture. It's on my "want" list and it has been for too long now. Should be getting that one soon as it looks really great!

To be honest, I'm not too sure about getting PG sets just yet. I've got not enough room for them and my collections is consistent of only 1/100 MG. PG Strike Freedom might change this though :ninja:

@Razorwing: I want to see the final product too, lol. I bet it's gonna look awesome with it's wings attached etc :D

To be honest, I'm not too sure about getting PG sets just yet. I've got not enough room for them and my collections is consistent of only 1/100 MG. PG Strike Freedom might change this though :ninja:

That's a valid point. After you build a PG, all the other 1/100 MGs start looking like little children if you put them next to each other. Here is the picture of my MG RX-93-2 Hi-v and PG RX-178 Gundam A.E.U.G. MK-II together:

img0513g.jpg

I actually really like the look of these things... So how do you make them? Are they platic? Do they snap together, do you paint them?

There are 3 basic complexity levels, HG - High Grade, MG - Master Grade and PG - Perfect Grade. The parts are plastic, some of them metal, and they are pre-painted, you remove them from their holder and they snap together, no glue required. Some people paint them and start adding effects like weathering, or battle damage, but its up to you, they are fine even if you don't paint them. The ones in the above picture are not painted, just some panel lining.