1992 replies to this topic

#16 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,494 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 23 August 2010 - 13:17

^Nice collection :)

@Razorwing: I'm definitely gonna buy that as well. To bad it's 1/144 but that's alright for such an awesome looking model :D There's also gonna be a PG Strike Freedom :woot: Definitely gonna buy that one as well (Y)

#17 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,248 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:59

^nice collection indeed.. I don't have enough money for PGs :(. But from what I see, MGs are now pretty well done to the point they can match PGs except for some minor details. But on that note.. I can't seem to find any details on the PG Strike Freedom.. you got any?

#18 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,494 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:17

I've got this piece of information:

Posted Image

Someone tweeted it on Twitter :)

Edited by Capric0rn, 24 August 2010 - 09:18.

#19 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,089 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:26

Um, so what are these? They look like blatant rip-offs of the 1980's transformers, but don't look like they actually transform

Spoiler

#20 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,494 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:04

Stop trolling bitch! :rofl:

#21 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,248 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 19:20

Um, so what are these? They look like blatant rip-offs of the 1980's transformers, but don't look like they actually transform

Spoiler

Pretty sure Gundams can blow Transformers out of the water. (note I am also a TF fan aswell)

@Capric0rn : Bah I want to see a final product! LOL.

#22 basques

basques

hentai otaku

• 288 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:42

I had built 5-6 MGs before I tried my first PG (it was my first Wing gundam zero) but after I finished the PG, to be honest, it became really hard to get back to MG. There are some really good ones out there ofcourse. For example just recently I finished RX-93-2 Hi-v Master Grade, and it's a complete beauty. I had lots of fun building it and the finished unit looks incredible.

Here are a few pictures if the Hi-v that I found online from other sources:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

But other than that, most MGs feel quite blank after doing a few PGs.

#23 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,494 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:57

^I've got that MG RX-93-2 Hi-v model as well and it was loads of fun building it. Lots of parts and lots of detail. I can also see MSN-06S Sinanju on that last picture. It's on my "want" list and it has been for too long now. Should be getting that one soon as it looks really great!

To be honest, I'm not too sure about getting PG sets just yet. I've got not enough room for them and my collections is consistent of only 1/100 MG. PG Strike Freedom might change this though :ninja:

@Razorwing: I want to see the final product too, lol. I bet it's gonna look awesome with it's wings attached etc :D

#24 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,089 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:06

I actually really like the look of these things... So how do you make them? Are they platic? Do they snap together, do you paint them?

#25 basques

basques

hentai otaku

• 288 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:42

To be honest, I'm not too sure about getting PG sets just yet. I've got not enough room for them and my collections is consistent of only 1/100 MG. PG Strike Freedom might change this though :ninja:

That's a valid point. After you build a PG, all the other 1/100 MGs start looking like little children if you put them next to each other. Here is the picture of my MG RX-93-2 Hi-v and PG RX-178 Gundam A.E.U.G. MK-II together:
Posted Image

I actually really like the look of these things... So how do you make them? Are they platic? Do they snap together, do you paint them?

There are 3 basic complexity levels, HG - High Grade, MG - Master Grade and PG - Perfect Grade. The parts are plastic, some of them metal, and they are pre-painted, you remove them from their holder and they snap together, no glue required. Some people paint them and start adding effects like weathering, or battle damage, but its up to you, they are fine even if you don't paint them. The ones in the above picture are not painted, just some panel lining.

#26 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,494 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:13

^To add to that; Some people also only add panel lines to make it look like there are separated metal plates. That already adds loads to the details that are already in the MG models. Panel lining isn't an easy task though..

Also, stop posting PG RX versions basques. Else I can't stop the urge to buy a PG RX model myself, LOL :rofl: That PG RX model looks really great! (Y)

#27 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,248 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 13:10

^To add to that; Some people also only add panel lines to make it look like there are separated metal plates. That already adds loads to the details that are already in the MG models. Panel lining isn't an easy task though..

Also, stop posting PG RX versions basques. Else I can't stop the urge to buy a PG RX model myself, LOL :rofl: That PG RX model looks really great! (Y)

That PG RX looks awesome. Now when PG Strike Freedom comes out.. I MAY have to get it. I think I might go out today or tomorrow pick up a 1/144 since I have a couple weeks off till school Starts. I'll document everything! Is there a 1/144 that is a must have? Except the RG Rx-78-2.

#28 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,494 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 13:46

Well, the only 1/144 model that I HAD to have was the Saviour Gundam. I just love the look of it and it's impossible to get a 1/100 MG version of it as far as I know.

#29 iron2000

iron2000

Mecha-mad

• 2,006 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 14:14

Somehow got my uncle to get me PG RX-78 and Zeta when they are released.
Now after all these years, i think they are too big and take up space.
(I insist on keeping the boxes :p)
So I wouldn't think of getting another 1/60 kit.

I prefer SDs and HG 1/144 kits now.
A large portion of my collection are SD Mushas as I started from collecting SDs.

#30 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,248 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 14:18

Well, the only 1/144 model that I HAD to have was the Saviour Gundam. I just love the look of it and it's impossible to get a 1/100 MG version of it as far as I know.

well there is the 1/100 HG version lol. I was thinking of picking up something old, but Iconic.