Meet Firefox 4.0.1

argh the tab animations lag even worse on my laptop (2.0ghz core2 duo, 4gb ram, mobility hd2600) Its alright on my desktop now though as long as I don't have any flash/tabs windows open. If I have another window open with a flash video the whole UI becomes laggy. I really hope they are working on this lol.

I don't know but as far as i can see even your mouse is lagging without tabs open.So i guess there is something else that cause the lag maybe?

mouse lag is just fraps, but the tabs in the video is accurate as to what I am seeing.

argh the tab animations lag even worse on my laptop (2.0ghz core2 duo, 4gb ram, mobility hd2600) Its alright on my desktop now though as long as I don't have any flash/tabs windows open. If I have another window open with a flash video the whole UI becomes laggy. I really hope they are working on this lol.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=599711

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=593565

post your video there :)

Finally decided to try the Beta and it's UGLY. Why is the normal status bar removed? Now all the extension options and settings that I used to have in my status bar are gone because I can't enable it. Don't like the Status4Evar add-on. Why isn't there an option to remove it if you want? Not only this, but it's way too much transparency.

Finally decided to try the Beta and it's UGLY. Why is the normal status bar removed? Now all the extension options and settings that I used to have in my status bar are gone because I can't enable it. Don't like the Status4Evar add-on. Why isn't there an option to remove it if you want? Not only this, but it's way too much transparency.

Oh sh*t, another angry beta tester (I think). Runnn away people!

I just love these demanding users badging in like it's their day to rule and ask endless of why questions.

How is it way too much transparency? Opera, chrome, and ie9 all use just as much if not more. Firefox has the least transparent tabs (almost totally opaque)

The status bar was removed since they want addons to transition to having proper toolbar icons (i.e. so the user can have some form of control over placement, etc.)

That and the throbber now show the state of the site (Connecting, Loading, Done). The old status bar told you what it was doing, but it wasn't actually accurate (It'd say it was downloading an image or something, but in reality it was downloading something else, it only showed the file name after it had finished downloading that file)

The status bar was removed since they want addons to transition to having proper toolbar icons (i.e. so the user can have some form of control over placement, etc.)

That and the throbber now show the state of the site (Connecting, Loading, Done). The old status bar told you what it was doing, but it wasn't actually accurate (It'd say it was downloading an image or something, but in reality it was downloading something else, it only showed the file name after it had finished downloading that file)

Yep which is a good thing! I can't stand no toolbar icon for a addon. Pain in the butt.