Meet Firefox 4.0.1

OK annoying thing with the latest nightlies (past week or so) is that c/p from formatted text into a RTE doesn't retain any of the formatting:

This is the text I copied in Minefield:

post-2-12905202690238.png

This is the result (after clicking the source button:

post-2-12905202671579.png

Any idea what's causing it, as it makes posting software news very frustrating!

I worked up until just over a week ago fine in Minefield.

OK annoying thing with the latest nightlies (past week or so) is that c/p from formatted text into a RTE doesn't retain any of the formatting:

This is the text I copied in Minefield:

post-2-12905202690238.png

This is the result (after clicking the source button:

post-2-12905202671579.png

Any idea what's causing it, as it makes posting software news very frustrating!

I worked up until just over a week ago fine in Minefield.

i don't see what the problem is... the formatting looks the same.

No, the HTML isn't formatted properly, its just one long line of code.

Also adding a link gives me this in Minefield: (doesn't even work)

post-2-1290598180157.png

When it should look like this: (In Chrome)

post-2-1290598182124.png

It could potentially be an incompatibility within the editor itself (e.g. it's not detecting Fx4, thus sending Fx3.6 specific stuff).

It looks like that editor might be CKEditor - could check the forums at http://cksource.com/forums/

(I work with a heavily modified version of CK at work, and Fx4 is meaning we need to review some possible issues - we don't have yours though, likely because ours is so heavily modified).

Otherwise, I suggest a bugzilla check.

Opera 11 has introduced their version of tab candy:

http://images.dailyt...Tab_Preview.png

Any thoughts?

I think tab candy is more powerful, but the way Opera does it definitely has its advantages. Maybe FF4 could do both. It's kind of a tab candy "lite."

I like Opera's version better because for my use, it's more practical and functional. I just never really understood the point of having to navigate to an entirely different page just to access a group of tabs you've made.

To each his own though. For power users, I'm sure Tab Candy will be better received.

The Current one is really ugly and hard to use compared to that. With firefox the competition is really good, they might not be able to create the fastest but they can make the nicest and best one to customize.

People can tune firefox for speed but the development team should still be aiming for speed and reliability because the now it's sluggish and crashes from time to time. Hopefully they can get it up to speed, get it fully reliable and then we can see some decent theme's coming out for it and some custom versions like palemoon.

I like Opera's version better because for my use, it's more practical and functional. I just never really understood the point of having to navigate to an entirely different page just to access a group of tabs you've made.

Panorama ("Tab Candy") is more powerful and flexible. Tab stacking is simpler and possibly slightly easier to use.

I think opera's tab stacking is significantly easier to use with < 20-30 tabs. Ideally there'd be a combination of the two where you can stack tabs on the tab bar like opera and also have a separate window for advanced management like tab candy.

I do think opera's method can be significantly better than tab candy all around if some automation is implemented like automatic stacking by domain, automatic stacking of links opened from a certain tab (ie does this with color grouping) and automatic stacking when the tab bar has > X number of tabs.

I think opera's tab stacking is significantly easier to use with < 20-30 tabs. Ideally there'd be a combination of the two where you can stack tabs on the tab bar like opera and also have a separate window for advanced management like tab candy.

I do think opera's method can be significantly better than tab candy all around if some automation is implemented like automatic stacking by domain, automatic stacking of links opened from a certain tab (ie does this with color grouping) and automatic stacking when the tab bar has > X number of tabs.

I think it reminds me a lot of that Firefox add-on tree style tabs, with some more polish.

On a separate note, I think I would rather see more work done in pinning things to the taskbar like IE9.

Definitely. Opera 11 is coming along nicely! The Final version I bet will be out before Internet Explorer 9 or Firefox 4 Final. :laugh:

I wont be leaving firefox unless some other browsers have awesome bar. I found it too indispensable. Sometimes i just wish Chrome or Opera has Awesome bar clone as well. ( Google I am Lucky is not a replacement for Awesome bar)

Anyone else get a strange kind of phantom tab, it closes but leaves a little grey line next to the nearest tab and is technically still open.

You can move it around, create its own window etc, but you can't close it without closing the window it is on, strange issue.

Anyone else get a strange kind of phantom tab, it closes but leaves a little grey line next to the nearest tab and is technically still open.

You can move it around, create its own window etc, but you can't close it without closing the window it is on, strange issue.

There's all sorts of tab issues. Sometimes there's a tab stuck in Panorama that doesn't show up anywhere else, or other times, a tab will just be stuck on the tab bar, and refuse to close.