Sprint reportedly gives up on Nexus One, too

It's hardly surprising at this point, but the Nexus One apparently is a no-go on Sprint, a little less than two months after its "we're getting it, too!" announcement. Consumer Products representative Michelle Mermelstein told Gizmodo that plans to sell Google's red-headed stepchild are done "because of the 'upcoming availability of the award-winning Evo 4G.' "

That's pretty much the same as what happened with Verizon, which was announced in January as an initial partner of the Nexus One but finally gave up on it in lieu of the Droid Incredible. That means those of you pining for an N1 on a CDMA carrier are out of luck, unless you want to make the leap to AT&T or T-Mobile (or just go the WiFi route). [Gizmodo]

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-reportedly-gives-nexus-one-too

Rumor has it AT&T dropped it as well. I'm afraid the Nexus One might be done, which is a shame because it seems overall more refined than other phones, or maybe that's just due to the fact it has the Google logo on it. It's sad to see it go though. :(

Yeah, Google made a real mess of the release dates for the device, and having other devices that were better than it in the works it just ended up being dead before it was released. Shame really, because Vodafone have just started selling it over here but this is alongside both the Legend and Desire. I know which device I'd rather have (Desire).