The servers crashed. You can't really expect them to predict when that will happen. Yeah it sucks but I don't see Anet being at fault for it.

Now, I'm not apologizing for Anet. They've made some really stupid decisions in the past week or so that has made a lot of people not so happy with the game, me included. In some cases they are literally punishing players for playing their game the way it was intended due to mechanics they have put in place.

If your talking about the dungeon rewards, there was some offical posts stating rewards aren't what they are supposed to be and the anti-farm code for dungeon is bugged for some people. Really wish they had a "blue tracker" so i can easily link the posts to ya.

https://forum-en.gui...irst#post193458 - Rewards for dungeons

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Updates/page/16#post190414 - Diminished returns

I found 'em!

yea, its just like buying a new car and 1 month down the road the door falls off for no reason goign down the highway, hey you got good use out of it in the meantime.

that brings to another point that its just expected that crap will be broke software wise. i miss the days double digit years ago when software worked, because if it didn't, there was no " patch over the internet " the company had to invest a crap ton of money to ship out disks to each and every person, making the cost to Fix Later worse then Fix Before Ship

What? No. That comparison doesn't even make sense, at all. A car is a a long term investment, that pays for itself to get you where you need to go (work, jobs, pay bills), not entertainment. Entertainment is not an investment, other than time spent. And most would be hard pressed to spend $60 and get 100 hours of entertainment out of one item.

You are not making any sense, at all.

And so what, we aren't in that era anymore, and developers can fix their games over the air now, which is a good thing, because I personally hate waiting years and years for a game to come out. And if it was bugged, I would be more frustrated to wait on a recall, rather than spending 5 minutes downloading a patch. Besides, it is an MMO, an ever changing environment based on the players. There is no way an MMO will ever ship perfect, or be perfect in a single month. We the players shape these games. This isn't some single-player game that can be suited to fit a single person. Things happen, it is an online environment on servers (which you don't pay for) and mistakes happen.

Another bad comparison.

Noob question: how does ArenaNet pay for servers and make a profit if (AFAIK - with any research) their only income(s) are purchases of the game itself and small transactions for things like server transfers?

What? No. That comparison doesn't even make sense, at all. A car is a a long term investment, that pays for itself to get you where you need to go (work, jobs, pay bills), not entertainment. Entertainment is not an investment, other than time spent. And most would be hard pressed to spend $60 and get 100 hours of entertainment out of one item.

You are not making any sense, at all.

actually the car thing is fine as a comparision, both are objects you purchase to do things, you buy a car to drive, you buy a game to play, sometimes people like to go for leasurely drives, from point A to B, sometimes people play a game for a job going from Level A to B. both are objects that are expected to work right.

And so what, we aren't in that era anymore, and developers can fix their games over the air now, which is a good thing, because I personally hate waiting years and years for a game to come out. And if it was bugged, I would be more frustrated to wait on a recall, rather than spending 5 minutes downloading a patch. Besides, it is an MMO, an ever changing environment based on the players. There is no way an MMO will ever ship perfect, or be perfect in a single month. We the players shape these games. This isn't some single-player game that can be suited to fit a single person. Things happen, it is an online environment on servers (which you don't pay for) and mistakes happen.

Another bad comparison.

its this attitude is the reason software is in the state its in, and the same attitude on why its not going to get better, but worse

and as far as the comment regarding servers i dont pay for, yea i do, with the cost of the program / subscription / ingame transactions. its along the same mentality saying your a person that pays taxes gladly has ( or gives up ) any say on how the government is run. a % of the purchase of the game goes toward everything, if nobody pays the subscription, or guys ingame goods, then guess what, it gets shut down

Noob question: how does ArenaNet pay for servers and make a profit if (AFAIK - with any research) their only income(s) are purchases of the game itself and small transactions for things like server transfers?

Because the servers don't cost nearly as much as people think they do apparently. Great vid, originally linked earlier in this thread by Trag3dy. Give it a watch:

If your talking about the dungeon rewards, there was some offical posts stating rewards aren't what they are supposed to be and the anti-farm code for dungeon is bugged for some people. Really wish they had a "blue tracker" so i can easily link the posts to ya.

https://forum-en.gui...e/16#post190414 - Diminished returns

I found 'em!

that bug is in relation for people getting hit with the XP nerf before doing their 2nd run in less then 24 hours, and doing different exploratory path's and getting hit buy it. the XP nerf will still happen, just if you go Over your 2nd run in 24hrs, or More then 1Story mode

if you do More then 1 run of the same Path in Explore you will get reward nerf'd and hit the Farmer Wall

story mode is meant to be done once Period according to the ANet post from what i read.

Because the servers don't cost nearly as much as people think they do apparently. Great vid, originally linked earlier in this thread by Trag3dy. Give it a watch:

have to say good vid

https://forum-en.gui...e/16#post190414 - Diminished returns

I found 'em!

I'm aware of those posts. There is more to it than just that. Like their entire update process where they can just throw thoroughly untested patches onto live servers and let it stay like that for a week when they know it's broken because you know...preventing players from "speed clearing" dungeons and making a bit of gold profit and having a bit of fun in the process is a unacceptable. That takes priority over fixing the growing list of broken events and skill point challenges that litter the maps.

And then the fact that one of the devs who is behind the dungeon design comes across as a huge douche bag doesn't even know what legitimate exploits people are using in his dungeons but on the other hand claims just running past mobs in dungeons is an exploit that he had to "fix". And as a result he's made things a buggy mess and completely overtuned the dungeon because he doesn't know what he's doing even though it's been explained pretty damn well to him why the changes he made are bad.

They need a ptr and to test stuff for a few weeks like this before they throw them onto live servers. Because as it sits now it's as I said earlier, they are literally punishing players for playing their game. I still love the game but some of the stuff just makes me wonder what the hell they are thinking exactly and why it's left to sit as is. A broken mess.

I still love the game but some of the stuff just makes me wonder what the hell they are thinking exactly.

its run by NCSoft, thats pretty much it right there, the NCSoft i remember the main studio in Korea wouldnt even give NA teams the patch's or notes and they had to pretty much wing it. there was alot of differences between the korean and NA games and NA was behind a couple patch's. think it was NAAustin at the time.

i remember it alot because to get patch notes we had to get them translated from korean on fansites

its run by NCSoft, thats pretty much it right there, the NCSoft i remember the main studio in Korea wouldnt even give NA teams the patch's or notes and they had to pretty much wing it. there was alot of differences between the korean and NA games and NA was behind a couple patch's. think it was NAAustin at the time.

i remember it alot because to get patch notes we had to get them translated from korean on fansites

Uh...no. Arena Net is owned by NCsoft yes. But the only thing NCsoft does for them is publish. Arena Net HQ is in Seattle Washington and they've said many times NCsoft has no hand in their game or it's design.

Apparently we've got confirmation that not only will dungeon tokens become bound to account but they are going to increase the amount we get for completing dungeons as well. He says it plain as day, but we'll see how it goes. Hopefully this change comes on Monday with the other dungeon fixes:

https://forum-en.gui...irst#post219034

I'm glad I havent started working on getting Arah gear yet then.

• Like 2

Increased number of badges, eh? Hm, maybe i should catch up on my dungeons then. I haven't done any of my story modes(to open explorables) since TA @ 50.

I'm pretty sure you don't actually need to do story mode to get into explore mode as long as someone in the group has access to explore mode.

Anyways. People are actually complaining about Anet saying they are going to give out more tokens. Saying that doing so will invalidate their work.

Anyways. People are actually complaining about Anet saying they are going to give out more tokens. Saying that doing so will invalidate their work.

In programming/design you can never make everyone happy. What works for me and I like, you may not. What I hate you may love.

I remember a couple years back when I was working for a company making a php/web driven game. We had players asking for the ability to have a bank/storage as a way to protect against people killing them and stealing gold. So, we asked players what they wanted to see in terms of a bank, and how they wanted it to work. We took all the suggestions and created a banking system that met the needs that the players asked for. It works perfectly, there was no bugs, no issues with the code, however upon adding it, we got complaints from players that the banks made things unfair (as people could store all their gold). We got complaints that it made killing players pointless, so we introduced a cap on the bank (made them upgradeable to allow more gold and such to be put in, but maxed out at a certain value). Upon adding that other players complained that we made the banks pointless as it wasn't unlimited storage and that it was basically right back where we were pre-bank and that we may as well just get rid of it.

It was a pain in the ass, but it was really an eye-opened into no matter how much you do, not everyone will be happy and there will pretty much ALWAYS be backlash.

Uh...no. Arena Net is owned by NCsoft yes. But the only thing NCsoft does for them is publish. Arena Net HQ is in Seattle Washington and they've said many times NCsoft has no hand in their game or it's design.

Apparently we've got confirmation that not only will dungeon tokens become bound to account but they are going to increase the amount we get for completing dungeons as well. He says it plain as day, but we'll see how it goes. Hopefully this change comes on Monday with the other dungeon fixes:

https://forum-en.gui...irst#post219034

I'm glad I havent started working on getting Arah gear yet then.

that post you linked was made AFTER i made my post, so the plain as day, is the wrong day. but its good that they are making that change. its still annoying for the cost to be so high though

that post you linked was made AFTER i made my post, so the plain as day, is the wrong day. but its good that they are making that change. its still annoying for the cost to be so high though

Yeah, but the link in the post had nothing to do with the post of yours that I quoted? :s

Yeah, and the link in the post had nothing to do with the post of yours that I quoted? :s

Meh, i made the token comment earlier so i knew it was directed at me. Lol

do you get Karma from WvWvW ?

looking for a way to get karma on top of the hearts and Story im doing now ( im lvl 60 )

Nice patch notes I guess. The dungeon token changes were not quite what I hoped for but better than I expected, so that's good. And I'm disappointed to see no fix for any warrior skills, rush in particular.

Not to sound ungrateful or anything but I wish they would list the events they have fixed so I know that ones I've encountered that were broken got fixed. I use the in game bug report tool whenever I come across a broken event so it would be nice to know if it actually works.

Seems that dungeon rewards are still messed up. Guess I'll have to wait a few more days before doing dungeons then. :s

The stupid diminishing return systems they are putting in the game all over the place really need to go until they figure their **** out. It's really not helping them right now with all the other broken events that are playing most high level areas.

According to posts in this thread:

https://forum-en.gui...cations-Needed/

If you read between the lines it's easy to see that Anet really only wants us to do a dungeon once every 24 hours. So I honestly don't get the need for such stupid complicated systems like they are trying to add to the game and just put in a god damn lock out time and save everyone the hassle they are causing.

• Like 1

Just out minding my own business scoping out the bot hordes in kessex hills..

861440101.jpg

At least I'm modest in my reply. I also like how he asks for money as soon as the compliments are paid.

Ha, nice.

I got the urge to play again, and re-rolled my warrior with a native-american theme. That is why I love no subscription. Anytime I get the urge, I can play. Live streaming it right now (link in sig), just messing around leveling and whatnot.

Been about 2 weeks or so since I played, it was nice to take a breath of fresh air and come back.

New Armor and decided to just get the Ebon Longbow and transferred the skin/model to a higher level Bow, instead of getting the higher level for outrageous karma.

still using pieces of the Pirate items ( mainly the Hat ) just finished Story where free'd Claw Island

post-36462-0-12589200-1348731331_thumb.j