logged in yesterday and was bored :-/ lol, made 8G selling mats though lol

I would be happy to have 2 G right now lol i have 1G 26S right now :( lvl 31

i feel you, i hit 62 and bought my skill book, im now down to 12 silver or something

Im 35 with 1g 60s. So you aren't doin to bad haha. Plus I sell every mat I get that can't use or have no use for on the AH Imustbedoingitwrong.jpg

Played a bit a couple days ago, kept getting killed by things half my level (Granted I was downleveled to their level). Got sick of dying and logged out, haven't really had a chance to play, will prolly play a bit tonight.

Just finished out Garradaran Fields (not spelled correctly, its just north of Lion's Arch) I now have 3 Zones and Every Major City 100% maxed out for Discovery and Karma Hearts :p

450684677.jpg

Now for new characters. I'm having issues picking between engineer, mesmer, and elementalist. Or maybe Necromancer. Or guardian. :wacko:

I'd probably avoid guardian, if only for the fact that you just got done playing a melee character. Would be good to switch it up for a bit, to prevent ya from getting burned out at all.

I'd probably avoid guardian, if only for the fact that you just got done playing a melee character. Would be good to switch it up for a bit, to prevent ya from getting burned out at all.

That's what I was thinking as well. We'll see though. Ranger is also in the mix.

I quite like the skin on this set(human t2) so i decided to get it for my thief.

Looks pretty nice.

That's what I was thinking as well. We'll see though. Ranger is also in the mix.

i like and am enjoying my Ranger, i like Bow's and the ranged aspect, but alot of times i switch up to my Sword/Offhand ( atm its Sword/Ax, usually its Sword/Torch )

but i like that the ranger ( other class's may be able to also ) switch up between Bow, Duel Wield, or Greatsword if i want to.

i need to put more skill points into Traps atm, i put everything more into the abilities that are more AoE around where they are cast instead

also on a side note

Guild on Dragonbrand is now under construction of Architectural Level 2, 1K points needed till the 50 Slot Guild Bank

I think I've all but given up on having a legendary weapon. Dusk of Rage, the precursor weapon for Twilight the greatsword I want is on the market right now for 200g. That price is insane. All the while the economy continues to go down the drain making it harder to get money at the same time the cost to play continues to grow. Frustrating. :s

I think I've all but given up on having a legendary weapon. Dusk of Rage, the precursor weapon for Twilight the greatsword I want is on the market right now for 200g. That price is insane. All the while the economy continues to go down the drain making it harder to get money at the same time the cost to play continues to grow. Frustrating. :s

is it craft able or drop ? heck if they are craft able, ill just take up the craft and farm it. unfortunately my legendary weapon is a My Little Pony Unicorn Longbow that shoots Rainbows :(

is it craft able or drop ? heck if they are craft able, ill just take up the craft and farm it. unfortunately my legendary weapon is a My Little Pony Unicorn Longbow that shoots Rainbows :(

I'm not certain exactly how people get them. All I can go buy is what I've read. And that is that they drop extremely rarely from boss chests in Orr and through combining stuff in the mystic forge. All of which is rng. Unless of course you have the gold then you can buy one at extremely stupid prices from someone who was lucky on the market.

That is where the problem starts for me. I don't know a single person who has played the game legitimately and has more than 25 gold. Myself included. I created a suggestion thread on the official forums and people are actually defending the costs of these weapons.

The grind Anet has created for these weapons gives korean mmos a run for their money in the tedious department. And then people say "well it's only cosmetic, you don't need it to play the game". Yes. True. But if I'm not working towards a legendary weapon then why am I playing? I have the armor I want, wvwvw is a zergfest and I'm not to into that so there isn't a lot left besides rolling new alts and that will only be fun for a certain amount of time.

And the end of the day I'm still enjoying the game but man some of the decisions Anet has made really leave me scratching my head. I do *want* these weapons to be hard to get so not everyone and their grandma has one. But I do not want them to cost several hundred gold ontop of the other gold costs you already have to pay in the process of creating legendary weapons. It's now going to cost upwards of 400g to get one factoring in the precursor weapon costs. That to me is just not epic. There are so many different ways they could create to get those precursor weapons that are actually fun to do and you can accomplish while playing the game yet we're left with rng and a stupid market that encourages you to buy gold either from Anet or chinese gold farmers.

I've been ranting about this all day to anyone that will listen so I should probably stop while I'm ahead. :rofl:

• Like 1

Get 4 rares/exotics 76+ and throw them into mystic forge and pray. If you happen to get 'The Lover" shortbow let me know. I'll log back on to snag that.

Been waiting on the major fixes to happen before I start my grind. And that's the beauty of GW2, I can set it down and come back later.

Get 4 rares/exotics 76+ and throw them into mystic forge and pray. If you happen to get 'The Lover" shortbow let me know. I'll log back on to snag that.

Been waiting on the major fixes to happen before I start my grind. And that's the beauty of GW2, I can set it down and come back later.

There was a heft patch earlier tonight:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Update-Notes-October-1st-2012/first#post317543

Sadly no fixes for warriors. Again. Second week in a row they have gone without fixing a single problem with various bugged warrior skills or traits.

I know that you can gamble with the mystic forge but honestly? It's much more likely you will end up losing a great deal of money before you get lucky and get a precursor weapon. I don't see that as a solution.

Finally hit 80 on my Necro last night. Now I need to sit down and figure out what armor and weapons I want to work towards. Once I get those I will start hitting up dungeons.

That's not that bad compared to the full list of what is needed:
* Precursor weapon specific to the legendary

In addition to the above, the player must also gamble the following materials to obtain Mystic Clovers. One success results in a single Mystic Clover and 77 clovers are needed.

The chances of success for the 1 clover recipe are approximately 1/3. [1]. This means that on average, when using the 1 clover recipe, the following materials will be required in total. Note that this recipe also produces materials necessary for other legendary components when it fails to produce a clover. This recipe will continue to be updated as more accurate estimates are produced.

Furthermore, the player must also obtain additional items specific to their chosen legendary.

So yeah.....200g isn't that bad when you need 1 million karma and lots of other stuff.

If you buy just the Ecto's alone (instead of farming them yourself) at 20 silver each (pretty normal price last time I checked), that's nearly another 100g just for ONE material you need.

Basically the 200g isn't much when put into perspective of how much all the other materials cost.

As for people not having more than 25g legit.....I find that hard to believe, I haven't played GW2 for a week or so (TL2 and other games have kept my busy), and even when I did I never really farmed, just got 2 characters to level 80 and sold stuff I didn't need on the AH. In short, I'm sitting at 9 gold right now, 36% of the 25 gold value you mentioned. The only dungeon I've ever done was the very first one, in story mode, one time. You may not know anyone who has more than 25g, but I know for a fact there has to be some people that have earned 3x as much gold as I without much trouble.

As for people not having more than 25g legit.....I find that hard to believe, I haven't played GW2 for a week or so (TL2 and other games have kept my busy), and even when I did I never really farmed, just got 2 characters to level 80 and sold stuff I didn't need on the AH. In short, I'm sitting at 9 gold right now, 36% of the 25 gold value you mentioned. The only dungeon I've ever done was the very first one, in story mode, one time. You may not know anyone who has more than 25g, but I know for a fact there has to be some people that have earned 3x as much gold as I without much trouble.

i believe tragedy. im 70 atm, and just recently reached max of 3 gold when i hit 60, logged in and ANet showed me at 2.5 gold or something, bought the lvl 60 book and went down to low double digit silver.

i also vendor everything, and rarely die. and don't really TP if at all as im usually going through the zone getting the map complete's. i have done instances, but that was before the Instance Buff to ridiculous levels, which is also when i had the most gold ( before the instance buff ), Billa had less then i did when he hit 60

i fully believe that ANet has and WILL continue to nerf loot, gold, and everything to the ground to keep people playing as long as possable, decrease loot, gold to get people to buy and convert Gems to gold, and other RMT stuff.

*Edit - i seriously doubt ill be playing long past once i hit 80. heck i may not even make it to 80 before i get annoyed

i also vendor everything, and rarely die. and don't really TP if at all as im usually going through the zone getting the map complete's. i have done instances, but that was before the Instance Buff to ridiculous levels, which is also when i had the most gold ( before the instance buff ), Billa had less then i did when he hit 60

That might be part of your problem, I've posted everything below tier 5 materials in the trading post once I got my crafting beyond that. Easily made 3-4 gold off all of it, of course I spent some here and there......I have 3 sets of armor on my warrior and 2 on my thief, all of which total up to around 1g each set and I still have 9 gold sitting around, and that's buying all trait books for 2 characters (which totals up to a little over 6g just for the trait books). If I had been super conservative and only leveled one character to 80 and not bought a total of 5 armor sets at ~1g each, I would easily have 15-20g right now, and I haven't played for a week.....I would easily be over 25g if I had kept going.

That being said, I salvage white items, sell blue to the merchant, I then check the trading post prices of all greens and oranges (masterwork/exotics), I've gotten 6+ exotics (lvl 70 and up) from map completions (and I'm only halfway through the world completion on 1 character), each of which sell for 20-80 silver. If they only sell for around 20 silver I will salvage them for ecto's (all it takes is 1 to break even....anything beyond that is profit). If the price of the greens is 25c or more than vendor price I will throw it up in the trading post.

The best thing about the trading post is you can put items in it no matter where you are, so being "busy" trying to do map completions doesn't make sense as to why you wouldn't use it.....you could always pick up any profits when you bump into a random town that has a trading post or return to a major town.

That might be part of your problem, I've posted everything below tier 5 materials in the trading post once I got my crafting beyond that. Easily made 3-4 gold off all of it, of course I spent some here and there......I have 3 sets of armor on my warrior and 2 on my thief, all of which total up to around 1g each set and I still have 9 gold sitting around, and that's buying all trait books for 2 characters (which totals up to a little over 6g just for the trait books). If I had been super conservative and only leveled one character to 80 and not bought a total of 5 armor sets at ~1g each, I would easily have 15-20g right now, and I haven't played for a week.....I would easily be over 25g if I had kept going.

That being said, I salvage white items, sell blue to the merchant, I then check the trading post prices of all greens and oranges (masterwork/exotics), I've gotten 6+ exotics (lvl 70 and up) from map completions (and I'm only halfway through the world completion on 1 character), each of which sell for 20-80 silver. If they only sell for around 20 silver I will salvage them for ecto's (all it takes is 1 to break even....anything beyond that is profit). If the price of the greens is 25c or more than vendor price I will throw it up in the trading post.

The best thing about the trading post is you can put items in it no matter where you are, so being "busy" trying to do map completions doesn't make sense as to why you wouldn't use it.....you could always pick up any profits when you bump into a random town that has a trading post or return to a major town.

you actually make LESS from the TP on a vast majority of items, due to the 15% deduction from the AH Tax. i dont get anything that TP's for more then 1 or 2 copper above Vendor, with that price margin it is actually CHEAPER to vendor then to TP it due to the 15% tax

so i still dont believe the gold is easy to get excuse. as its just not, especially with the diminished returns now