you actually make LESS from the TP on a vast majority of items, due to the 15% deduction from the AH Tax. i dont get anything that TP's for more then 1 or 2 copper above Vendor, with that price margin it is actually CHEAPER to vendor then to TP it due to the 15% tax

And those are the items you DON'T sell on the trading post.....I just did an event in a level 20 zone, I got a green Glyphic Bow......vendor price: 72c, TP price: 1.05s (or 105c, however you want to look at it). Either way, I can either sell it instantly now for 72c, or sell it for 89c (AFTER trading post cut) in the trading post, pick up the money when I go back to town and make more profit than if I had sold it instantly to the vendor.

As I said above, sell items that sell for a noticeable amount more and no, you won't make LESS money, like you claim.

In the same event as above, I also got a Glyphic Scepter......it sells on the trading post for 1.5s (150c), the vendor price is 48c. After TP cut I make 1.27s (127c), so I make 265% profit over the normal vendor price, just for taking an extra 5 seconds to look it up in the trading post.

The event gave me 50c, the greens I am posting on the trading post gave me another 96c (nearly twice as much as the event itself). That's excluding all materials which (just a quick estimate based off current prices), adds up to another 2 silver. That's 1 level 20 event, and 3 silver earned (after TP cut), going off the vendor value of those specific items I would have only made about 2 silver off it all (including the event reward). So a 50% increase in profits just by taking a couple seconds to scan through the 2 greens I got and pay attention to what I am listing things at in the trading post. If you did this for higher level events you can clearly see how every event you do would earn that much more. Think of 1 event where you get 5 silver (drops and all), you could easily get nearly 9s as opposed to 5s per event (and 5s is a pretty low amount.....the level 80 events generally give you a lot more).

EDIT: And in the time that it took my to type this, the lower selling item I had (1s 5c), increased in price to 1s 30c, bringing my profit gains (over vendor price) up to 1.71s, 1.15s after trading post cut, which is a 58% profit increase.

so i still dont believe the gold is easy to get excuse. as its just not, especially with the diminished returns now

You don't have to believe anything.....but I've never had a problem making the money needed to get the bare essentials. For example, when I was level 30, working my way to the 2nd trait book, I though there was no way I was ever going to get 2g to get the level 60 trait book by the time I got there.....lo and behold I had 2.5g when I dinged level 60 and had no problem affording the book.

The fact is, gold is not easy to get, but it is not hard to get either....put a little bit of effort into what you are doing and you will realize that......this isn't WoW, enemies don't magically start dropping 1+ gold just because they are difficult to fight. Sell the items you get for profit over the vendor price and there you go. Every level 80 event I do I get at least 20s worth of items.....if I had the patience to farm level 80 events all day I would easily make 4-5 gold a day, probably more.

EDIT: Just since I logged in today I've done 2 level 20 events (and that's it, haven't done anything else at all). I've already earned 7s......2 tiny events while I've been busy doing other things and I've earned a bit a silver.....doesn't seem like much, but if I had vendored everything I would have only made about 4s. Oh yeah, and I haven't sold any of the materials I've gotten from the events yet. Easily another 3s in materials (after trading post cut).

And those are the items you DON'T sell on the trading post.....I just did an event in a level 20 zone, I got a green Glyphic Bow......vendor price: 72c, TP price: 1.05s (or 105c, however you want to look at it). Either way, I can either sell it instantly now for 72c, or sell it for 89c (AFTER trading post cut) in the trading post, pick up the money when I go back to town and make more profit than if I had sold it instantly to the vendor.

As I said above, sell items that sell for a noticeable amount more and no, you won't make LESS money, like you claim.

so far ( and i check every item i get ) i have gotten nothing from drops that TP's for ABOVE 3c vendor, including a couple of yellow items,,, its 1c above the vendor with hundreds on the TP. and because im not the only one makes it seem either im just unlucky with drops, or your lucky/ runnign with +Magic Find and im the norm.

each person has different luck

*Edit - and you yourself said you had 2.5g when you hit 60,,,, which is actually what i said i had when i hit 60 ( im now 70 ). now with only 20 more levels till 80, and taking you 60 levels to get that amount, that IS on the low side considering the amount needed for gear / items @ 80 with the DR in place. you hit 80 BEFORE the DR were bumped, i DIDNT

so far ( and i check every item i get ) i have gotten nothing from drops that TP's for ABOVE 3c vendor, including a couple of yellow items,,, its 1c above the vendor with hundreds on the TP. and because im not the only one makes it seem either im just unlucky with drops, or your lucky/ runnign with +Magic Find and im the norm.

each person has different luck

*Edit - and you yourself said you had 2.5g when you hit 60,,,, which is actually what i said i had when i hit 60 ( im now 70 ). now with only 20 more levels till 80, and taking you 60 levels to get that amount, that IS on the low side considering the amount needed for gear / items @ 80 with the DR in place. you hit 80 BEFORE the DR were bumped, i DIDNT

You must be extremely unlucky, I got 2 items just over the last 2 events I've done on a level 20 character with 0 magic find that sold for a good bit (20+ copper) more than the vendor price. Since I made that last post they have both sold and the money is sitting in the trading post waiting to be picked up.

My warrior (who has 120% magic find with food buffs) finds at LEAST one item per event that sells for 20+ silver on that one item alone. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but the average is no lower than 1 per event.....and that's excluding the event rewards themselves.

The thing though, is I made 2 gold going from level 40 to level 60. From level 60-80, it is very easy to make that much or more. From there, you have enough money to buy a level 80 masterwork crafted set (green quality), each piece is no more than 15-20s, but putting in orders you can usually get them for no more than 12-15s each (6 piece set). Plus the weapon....you can generally get everything but jewelry for no more than 1 gold at level 80. That is enough to get you at least doing events in malchors leap (where I get 20+ silver per event), maybe even the level 80 zones if you get the runes and all.

As for the DR bump, that doesn't really affect me because I never farmed DE or any 1 mob or anything. All the money I have made has been through events I come across, map completions, monster kills and gathering. The only things I have ever farmed were fine materials when I was leveling my crafting professions. I have never farmed anything for gold, yet I still am up to 9 gold right now. So the fact that I hit level 80 before the DR bump is irrelevant, the most events I've done in a 2 hour time period is maybe 5, due to starting an event chain that did 4-5 events before the end of it. Other then that the only time I do events is when I don't feel like running to the PoI/Vista/Waypoint/Skill challenge that I haven't done yet and it is on the way to said map marker.

In GW2 I am definitely a map completionist, events and everything else comes second (I haven't even finished the story yet). All the money I have made was just a side portion of my actual goals at the time, if I were going to attempt to actually farm money, I would no doubt have 25+ gold by now (in addition to what I've spent).

Also, I have leveled 2 characters to 80, that alone cost more money than you have spent by now on a sub-80 character. And while yes, I have 2 characters farther along the story than you and farther through the game in general, it also means I have spent more time at sub level 60 than you have, which means I spent time not doing events/farming/completing maps on my level 80, who would have made much more money by now had I dumped all that time into him.

EDIT: Honestly, at the rate I've been earning money while playing GW2 on and off, I wouldn't be surprised to hear of multiple people who have earned 100+ gold all on their own by now.

EDIT: Just since I logged in today I've done 2 level 20 events (and that's it, haven't done anything else at all). I've already earned 7s......2 tiny events while I've been busy doing other things and I've earned a bit a silver.....doesn't seem like much, but if I had vendored everything I would have only made about 4s. Oh yeah, and I haven't sold any of the materials I've gotten from the events yet. Easily another 3s in materials (after trading post cut).

lol you have vastly different prices then what i do

lol you have vastly different prices then what i do

Trading post is world-wide, we have the same prices when it comes to what items sell for in the trading post.

Also, earlier you said taking 60 levels to get 2 gold, no, that is completely wrong. When I got the level 40 manual (1g), I had about 20 silver left over, I can't remember how much I had when I got the level 20 training book, but it cost 10s. So level 1 to 40, I had earned roughly 1g 30s (10s for the level 20 book, 1g for the level 40 book, 20s left over). So from level 40 to 60, I earned about 2.3 gold, leaving me with 2.3 gold + 20 silver minus 2g for the level 60 training book.

Clearly you can see how it is ramping up, first 20 levels you need (and will have earned) 10 silver, second 20 levels you need (and will have earned) 1 gold, third 20 levels you need (and will have earned) 2 gold. Based on that alone you should easily have 2-3 gold by the time you hit level 80, a full masterwork set (excluding jewelry) only costs about 1 gold, so why do you think having 50s at level 60 after buying your book is on the low side, when that will buy you half of your level 80 armor and you still can't wear it for 20 levels?

I honestly don't know what more to say, it's easy to get a level 80 set of armor for 1 gold, it's easier to earn 2-3 gold by the time you hit level 80 (that is, AFTER buying all your training books). I don't know if you are completely ignoring the trading post or what. Try selling some materials if you haven't, things like blood, scales, totems sell pretty darn good (even the lowest level blood still sells for 20 copper, that's literally 6 times HIGHER than the vendor price). I have had no trouble at all earning the money I've needed to get my level 80 masterwork gear, I know it will be awhile before I get full exotic gear, but right now I can already afford 3-4 pieces of it, I just don't want to spend all my money as I'm still not sure of what my main character will be so I haven't bought anything beyond masterwork.

Money is easy enough to make that I've bought multiple sets of green gear for multiple characters and have enough to buy another 6+ masterwork sets while making 0 money and still not be broke. I have never farmed for gold and maybe that's your problem? You are too used to farming the same thing until you drop like you could do in World of Warcraft and other MMOs? I haven't farmed for anything but fine crafting materials while leveling my crafts and I've never had money issues, just play the game, do some events, complete some maps, etc. From the higher level map completions you can get 40 orichalcum ore, which sells for nearly 1g before trading post cut (so roughly 80 silver afterwards), that alone is nearly enough for a full lvl 80 masterwork armor set.

Sorry to see you are having trouble getting money, I'm not sure what other advice to give you other than stop trying to make money and just play, so far just playing and doing what I've wanted to do has given me plenty of money to slide by with the necessities.

As for reference to how much I've spent, I've also leveled cooking up on both my level 80 characters, which gets very costly and from level 1 takes around 1-2g alone, plus a bit of karma to get it to 400. I'd be willing to bet that if you added up how much money I have, plus how much I have spent on things I didn't need (only buying 1 armor set per char, not powerleveling cooking, etc), I would easily have 20+ gold right now......and still without dedicating time to farming for money. Also, as mentioned earlier I have only ever done 1 dungeon.....so I never had any advantage in terms of making money from before dungeons got nerfed over what can be done in them now.

That's not that bad compared to the full list of what is needed:

So yeah.....200g isn't that bad when you need 1 million karma and lots of other stuff.

If you buy just the Ecto's alone (instead of farming them yourself) at 20 silver each (pretty normal price last time I checked), that's nearly another 100g just for ONE material you need.

Basically the 200g isn't much when put into perspective of how much all the other materials cost.

As for people not having more than 25g legit.....I find that hard to believe, I haven't played GW2 for a week or so (TL2 and other games have kept my busy), and even when I did I never really farmed, just got 2 characters to level 80 and sold stuff I didn't need on the AH. In short, I'm sitting at 9 gold right now, 36% of the 25 gold value you mentioned. The only dungeon I've ever done was the very first one, in story mode, one time. You may not know anyone who has more than 25g, but I know for a fact there has to be some people that have earned 3x as much gold as I without much trouble.

It is a problem. Here's why. Literally every single other item on the market has gone down in price and quite drastically within the last week. Orichalcum ore last week went for around 3s per 1. Last night it's 2s per 1, while yesterday afternoon it was about 2s.20c per 1. Orichalcum accessories were going for about 3.5g, last night they are going for about 2.6g.

As more and more people get to 80 and more people put their high end crafting materials on the market flooding it there simply is not enough demand to compensate for how many people are putting their stuff on the market.

Yet these precursor weapons go up in price. Two weeks ago they were in the 60-80 gold range. Now they are 200g. That's roughly a 150% increase in just 2 weeks. So yeah, 200g "might" not be that much right now. But in another week? Month? 2 months? Prices are just going to go up while our abilities to make money are going down almost by the hour.

I am ingame atm and the only thing ABOVE 5c vendor price in the TP atm is

Destroyer shard ( yellow ) 32c, tp 2.50

Mithril ore ( white) 7c, tp 22c

Venom sack 5c, tp 34c

Now i dont vendor craft materials, because i actually use them, and if i sell it will cost MORE due to listing fee, tax bla bla bla, when i need them for crafts, i only sell if i no longer need, or i have over 250 and cant fit more in collectables ( like sticks of butter )

Everything else in my bag (. Small handfull of white items, and a blue and green that is listing sellers for 1cp over vendor(rampagers pirate hat blue, but actually an upgrade from current and rampagers rifle of earth green and cant use ) 72c and 1s68c respectivly.

And that drops isnt normal, its from PvPing for the past 2 days.

Ill go do an event, lvl 25ish zone

98c as reward for gathering scrap metal in the char zone 15-25 ( and this is first login, after PvPing a vast majority of my time yesterday )

Received as drops 2 blue pistols, vendors for 23c and 56c TP for both is 1c above vendor with listing price alone of 1c and 3c

A far far cry from what you are reporting,

Trading post is world-wide, we have the same prices when it comes to what items sell for in the trading post.

i know this, it was more of a " BS " then a " your prices are diffrent "

Also, earlier you said taking 60 levels to get 2 gold, no, that is completely wrong. When I got the level 40 manual (1g), I had about 20 silver left over, I can't remember how much I had when I got the level 20 training book, but it cost 10s. So level 1 to 40, I had earned roughly 1g 30s (10s for the level 20 book, 1g for the level 40 book, 20s left over). So from level 40 to 60, I earned about 2.3 gold, leaving me with 2.3 gold + 20 silver minus 2g for the level 60 training book.

Clearly you can see how it is ramping up, first 20 levels you need (and will have earned) 10 silver, second 20 levels you need (and will have earned) 1 gold, third 20 levels you need (and will have earned) 2 gold. Based on that alone you should easily have 2-3 gold by the time you hit level 80, a full masterwork set (excluding jewelry) only costs about 1 gold, so why do you think having 50s at level 60 after buying your book is on the low side, when that will buy you half of your level 80 armor and you still can't wear it for 20 levels?

Eh, level 80 armor costs costs multiple gold a piece, and thats just the looks armor. from stuff like vigil.

I honestly don't know what more to say, it's easy to get a level 80 set of armor for 1 gold, it's easier to earn 2-3 gold by the time you hit level 80 (that is, AFTER buying all your training books). I don't know if you are completely ignoring the trading post or what. Try selling some materials if you haven't, things like blood, scales, totems sell pretty darn good (even the lowest level blood still sells for 20 copper, that's literally 6 times HIGHER than the vendor price). I have had no trouble at all earning the money I've needed to get my level 80 masterwork gear, I know it will be awhile before I get full exotic gear, but right now I can already afford 3-4 pieces of it, I just don't want to spend all my money as I'm still not sure of what my main character will be so I haven't bought anything beyond masterwork.

like i said, if i sell my crafting drops, i will end up having to buy them for MORE then what i sold them for when i need them later on for gear / legendary. the reason i will end up having to buy them for more isi already took the -15% loss from selling them in the first place, if i sell for 20c - 15%, then i turn around and buy for 20c, thats still a loss.

Money is easy enough to make that I've bought multiple sets of green gear for multiple characters and have enough to buy another 6+ masterwork sets while making 0 money and still not be broke. I have never farmed for gold and maybe that's your problem? You are too used to farming the same thing until you drop like you could do in World of Warcraft and other MMOs? I haven't farmed for anything but fine crafting materials while leveling my crafts and I've never had money issues, just play the game, do some events, complete some maps, etc. From the higher level map completions you can get 40 orichalcum ore, which sells for nearly 1g before trading post cut (so roughly 80 silver afterwards), that alone is nearly enough for a full lvl 80 masterwork armor set.

not true, i have not" farmed " once for anything so far, the only things i have done is pvp, story, and going through zone by zone doing 100% complete's on each zone before moving on. i craft with the mats i have and given to me by billa ( he gives me mats for leather/huntsman that drops, i give him mats for tailor/jewler that i get as drops ). other then that i dont farm, and its extremly rare that i do the same event more then 2 times in the same day, let alone total the event i just did was the 4rd time total that i did an event more then once. i kill the mobs enroute to each waypoint and event and i dont do the classic grind on a single type of mob.

Sorry to see you are having trouble getting money, I'm not sure what other advice to give you other than stop trying to make money and just play, so far just playing and doing what I've wanted to do has given me plenty of money to slide by with the necessities.

and this coupled with what i have said above, is why i dont believe you

As for reference to how much I've spent, I've also leveled cooking up on both my level 80 characters, which gets very costly and from level 1 takes around 1-2g alone, plus a bit of karma to get it to 400. I'd be willing to bet that if you added up how much money I have, plus how much I have spent on things I didn't need (only buying 1 armor set per char, not powerleveling cooking, etc), I would easily have 20+ gold right now......and still without dedicating time to farming for money. Also, as mentioned earlier I have only ever done 1 dungeon.....so I never had any advantage in terms of making money from before dungeons got nerfed over what can be done in them now.

Now it is entirely possible that because i ran CM a crap ton of times before the nerf and i was literally getting 1 level a run ( ran it from when i could first do CM i think is level 30) and got up to lvl 60ish just inside CM ( i literally ran it multiple times a day and got levels like mad ) that i per say outleveled the Income Curve.

but i also got drops and reward from in CM and that reason alone is why i was able to afford my books. after the reward nerf i stopped running dungeons because it was pointless and was to broke to repair.

as it stands now, when i hit 80 i will have to start the farming, which i dont like one bit. i wouldn't mind it as much if the DR wasn't so strict. i gave up on the Flame dungeon set due to not wanting to farm the tokens. and almost given up on the other gear sets due to the gold cost

I am ingame atm and the only thing ABOVE 5c vendor price in the TP atm is

Destroyer shard ( yellow ) 32c, tp 2.50

Mithril ore ( white) 7c, tp 22c

Venom sack 5c, tp 34c

Now i dont vendor craft materials, because i actually use them, and if i sell it will cost MORE due to listing fee, tax bla bla bla, when i need them for crafts, i only sell if i no longer need, or i have over 250 and cant fit more in collectables ( like sticks of butter )

Everything else in my bag (. Small handfull of white items, and a blue and green that is listing sellers for 1cp over vendor(rampagers pirate hat blue, but actually an upgrade from current and rampagers rifle of earth green and cant use ) 72c and 1s68c respectivly.

And that drops isnt normal, its from PvPing for the past 2 days.

Cooking ingredients don't sell for crap compared to other materials.....

Copper Ore - 14c each.

Iron Ore - 11c each. (I bought 500 of this at 5 copper each ages ago, 25s investment. Already sold it a bit ago, but at a 15% trading post cut, you can sell 500 of it now for almost 47s, after cut)

Mithril Ore - 20c each.

Large Bone - 65c each.

Elder Wood Log - 18c each.

Silk Scrap - 22c each.

And that's just off the top traded items list. The large bones are 11c each to the vendor, everything else is 7c or less at the vendor. I could keep going, but it would be a waste. It would take way too long to list things that sell for more at the trading post than they do at the vendor after the cut is taken.

Ill go do an event, lvl 25ish zone

98c as reward for gathering scrap metal in the char zone 15-25 ( and this is first login, after PvPing a vast majority of my time yesterday )

Received as drops 2 blue pistols, vendors for 23c and 56c TP for both is 1c above vendor with listing price alone of 1c and 3c

A far far cry from what you are reporting,

It's a matter of luck, I agree, but blue's generally don't sell for crap, I always vendor blues, I haven't seen a single blue that sold for a gain on the trading post over the vendor price. Greens are another story, they are 50/50. Plus all the materials you get during an event (though you don't get crap for events that just have you pick stuff up)......the event I did was to defend a town for 5 minutes. So 2 low level events, 10 minutes, and profits that I mentioned earlier.

i know this, it was more of a " BS " then a " your prices are diffrent "

Call it what you want, if you are having a hard time getting masterwork gear at level 80 and making enough money to get what you need, then that sounds like your problem, not mine....sorry for trying to help you out.....I haven't had a single issue except for my warriors bags being pretty stuffed cause I have too much armor that I've used to test various builds.

Eh, level 80 armor costs costs multiple gold a piece, and thats just the looks armor. from stuff like vigil.
That stuff is purely for looks, you buy it when you have the money and the armor that has stats you want to keep. If you are basing your pricing off that, then you are definitely doing it wrong.
like i said, if i sell my crafting drops, i will end up having to buy them for MORE then what i sold them for when i need them later on for gear / legendary. the reason i will end up having to buy them for more isi already took the -15% loss from selling them in the first place, if i sell for 20c - 15%, then i turn around and buy for 20c, thats still a loss.

Have you tried selling any fine crafting material? Most of them sell for multiple times their vendor value.

Blood for example, the LOWEST sells for 5x its vendor value.

Bones....the LOWEST sells for 5x its vendor value, though Ancient Bones are the exception, selling for only 3c more than its vendor value (considering end-game is mostly undead, this is not surprising).

Claws.....2x vendor value (the next lowest goes up to 5x).

Dust....2x vendor value (many of it is more than 2x).

Fangs....tier 1 is worthless, everything else is like 4x vendor value.

Scales, 6x vendor value.

Totems, 5x vendor value.

Poison, 3x vendor value or more depending on tier.

There, I held your hand through fine materials, take a look at all tier 1 and tier 2 common materials, from a quick overview the only normal crafting materials (non-cooking materials) that don't sell for more than 2-3x their vendor value is some of the low levels of leather and wood. Ore, and Cloth are great sellers at just about all tiers.

not true, i have not" farmed " once for anything so far, the only things i have done is pvp, story, and going through zone by zone doing 100% complete's on each zone before moving on. i craft with the mats i have and given to me by billa ( he gives me mats for leather/huntsman that drops, i give him mats for tailor/jewler that i get as drops ). other then that i dont farm, and its extremly rare that i do the same event more then 2 times in the same day, let alone total the event i just did was the 4rd time total that i did an event more then once. i kill the mobs enroute to each waypoint and event and i dont do the classic grind on a single type of mob.
I don't bother with 80% of the mobs from point A to point B, I only ever kill mobs near a PoI so I don't die zerg rushing it, or Vista's so I can get them. I jump on some events every now and then on the way between places I need to finish map completion and that's about it.
and this coupled with what i have said above, is why i dont believe you

You don't have to, it seems no matter what I say you won't believe that I haven't had any money problems, you are no one to me, I have no reason to prove what I say, but that being said have fun continuing to have money issues and complaining instead of looking at what your buying/selling and making money, I on the other hand will continue to not have money problems and continue buying anything I need (such as materials for powerleveling professions or gear my characters) while I level up my third character (guardian) without hitting any walls in regards to money.

EDIT: Also, just a general money saving tip. At the time of gearing my 80s, I bought all my gear and weapons from the trading post, yet I also have 400 armorsmith and weaponsmith. The reason I did this is because it generally costs the same or more to buy the materials to make your armor as it does to buy it already made. The only time you make or save money on gear is if you farm ALL your materials yourself, but you could do that without a crafting profession and sell the mats, and make enough money to buy the armor in the trading post anyway.

You can either farm the mats and craft your armor (pay no money), farm the mats sell them and buy your armor (pay no money due to the costs), buy the mats and craft your armor (no farming, but you pay for the mats), or buy the armor (no farming, no crafting, but you pay the same as the raw mats).

Cooking ingredients don't sell for crap compared to other materials.....

Copper Ore - 14c each.

Iron Ore - 11c each. (I bought 500 of this at 5 copper each ages ago, 25s investment. Already sold it a bit ago, but at a 15% trading post cut, you can sell 500 of it now for almost 47s, after cut)

Mithril Ore - 20c each.

Large Bone - 65c each.

Elder Wood Log - 18c each.

Silk Scrap - 22c each.

And that's just off the top traded items list. The large bones are 11c each to the vendor, everything else is 7c or less at the vendor. I could keep going, but it would be a waste. It would take way too long to list things that sell for more at the trading post than they do at the vendor after the cut is taken.

because of the " no one " comment below i wont be kind, but aparently you read for ****, i have said multiple times that if you sell crafting mats, it will cost you MORE due to the TP cut when you go to bring your crafting up to par to make some of the end game gear.

It's a matter of luck, I agree, but blue's generally don't sell for crap, I always vendor blues, I haven't seen a single blue that sold for a gain on the trading post over the vendor price. Greens are another story, they are 50/50. Plus all the materials you get during an event (though you don't get crap for events that just have you pick stuff up)......the event I did was to defend a town for 5 minutes. So 2 low level events, 10 minutes, and profits that I mentioned earlier.

Call it what you want, if you are having a hard time getting masterwork gear at level 80 and making enough money to get what you need, then that sounds like your problem, not mine....sorry for trying to help you out.....I haven't had a single issue except for my warriors bags being pretty stuffed cause I have too much armor that I've used to test various builds.

you havent helped for ****, you are giving the exact same advice over and over despite myself proving the otherwise. AND giving examples on how your " advice " will only make a person MORE broke at end game, because apparently you believe that getting money in the short term causing more of a loss at the end game is a good thing. i dont know if you can do math really well, but gaining a bunch only to loose the amount gained AND MORE, is not a good thing.

That stuff is purely for looks, you buy it when you have the money and the armor that has stats you want to keep. If you are basing your pricing off that, then you are definitely doing it wrong.

yes i am completely aware of that people say its for looks, but when it has better stats then what i compare @ equal level ( a level ** item im wearing, compared to the level ** variant from the " Looks " vendor, apparently its not just for looks as its still better stats

Have you tried selling any fine crafting material? Most of them sell for multiple times their vendor value.

Blood for example, the LOWEST sells for 5x its vendor value.

Bones....the LOWEST sells for 5x its vendor value, though Ancient Bones are the exception, selling for only 3c more than its vendor value (considering end-game is mostly undead, this is not surprising).

Claws.....2x vendor value (the next lowest goes up to 5x).

Dust....2x vendor value (many of it is more than 2x).

Fangs....tier 1 is worthless, everything else is like 4x vendor value.

Scales, 6x vendor value.

Totems, 5x vendor value.

Poison, 3x vendor value or more depending on tier.

are you retarded and not read a vast majority of what i typed ?

There, I held your hand through fine materials, take a look at all tier 1 and tier 2 common materials, from a quick overview the only normal crafting materials (non-cooking materials) that don't sell for more than 2-3x their vendor value is some of the low levels of leather and wood. Ore, and Cloth are great sellers at just about all tiers.

I don't bother with 80% of the mobs from point A to point B, I only ever kill mobs near a PoI so I don't die zerg rushing it, or Vista's so I can get them. I jump on some events every now and then on the way between places I need to finish map completion and that's about it.

You don't have to, it seems no matter what I say you won't believe that I haven't had any money problems, you are no one to me, I have no reason to prove what I say, but that being said have fun continuing to have money issues and complaining instead of looking at what your buying/selling and making money, I on the other hand will continue to not have money problems and continue buying anything I need (such as materials for powerleveling professions or gear my characters) while I level up my third character (guardian) without hitting any walls in regards to money.

you again, didnt hold ****, have said stuff i have previously said i already knew including stuff i said in previous posts, said stuff that ends up in loosing money. and just sound more and more that you do the Convert gold/gems ( or even worse Gold Spam Buying) crap trying to pass yourself off as a good player

*Edit - and the event that i quoted you, was whatever event was active at the time porting to wherever i could port to as i was in lions arch, so that " Random " active event was FAR less then what you quote you get. yet somehow its luck, even though rewards from events has absolutely 0 luck in the reward, drops do reward luck, like i also said 2 pistols that i even quoted the TP/vendor for.

but your illiterate so guess it was a waste

because of the " no one " comment below i wont be kind, but aparently you read for ****, i have said multiple times that if you sell crafting mats, it will cost you MORE due to the TP cut when you go to bring your crafting up to par to make some of the end game gear.

Crafting is only good for the experience and legendary crafting. Unless you are at the level of getting ready to make legendaries or need that experience, you are wasting your time leveling up your crafting. Therefore sell the materials now when you need the money, and if you decide to level your crafting up later, buy the materials when you have plenty of money to spend. It's like jumpstarting a project, you have to get that extra money now so you can get up to a point later where you can max your crafting and everything.
you havent helped for ****, you are giving the exact same advice over and over despite myself proving the otherwise. AND giving examples on how your " advice " will only make a person MORE broke at end game, because apparently you believe that getting money in the short term causing more of a loss at the end game is a good thing. i dont know if you can do math really well, but gaining a bunch only to loose the amount gained AND MORE, is not a good thing.
The advice so far seems to have flown over your head, I'm simply stating it again so it hopefully sticks and you stop complaining about how you can't find any way to earn the amount of money you need. The only time you would lose more than the amount gained is if you don't use the order system. I can put in an order right now for virtually any crafting material and buy it at a price that if I sell it tomorrow for the current market price, I will break even AFTER the trading post cut.

What I am suggesting is get up enough money right now to set up your character. Then when you are equipped to do bigger and better things, buy back any crafting materials you are going to use (and use the order system so you don't lose more than you spent) and there you go. If your money stays at a flat level between the before and after then you are not losing anything, but you are gaining a character capable of doing more than you were able to before you spent the money.

yes i am completely aware of that people say its for looks, but when it has better stats then what i compare @ equal level ( a level ** item im wearing, compared to the level ** variant from the " Looks " vendor, apparently its not just for looks as its still better stats
Then save money by using lesser statted items until you can afford the better pieces.
are you retarded and not read a vast majority of what i typed ?

No, I didn't see you mention buying them back, but my point still stands. Set your character up now by selling your crafting materials now. Then when you can actually afford things and aren't completely broke, buy them back. Even if you pay 2-3 more copper per piece, you have more money now, you can afford it. The money you get NOW will do more money for your character than the money you save by holding on to the crafting materials until you need them.

you again, didnt hold ****, have said stuff i have previously said i already knew including stuff i said in previous posts, said stuff that ends up in loosing money. and just sound more and more that you do the Convert gold/gems ( or even worse Gold Spam Buying) crap trying to pass yourself off as a good player

The only money I've spent on GW2 was the $59.99 for the digital download. I also have not converted any gold to gems (or vica-versa). Do what you want, obviously bitching about not being able to afford stuff is the only thing you know how to do. Have you ever invested money? Think of selling materials now and buying better equipment with it as an investment to your character, the gear you buy will do more for you then those materials sitting in your bank. Then later when you are rolling in money and don't have anything else you need to spend it on immediately, buy the materials you need to craft the items you want to craft for looks.

You said it yourself "just for looks"......well, same with legendaries. Only bother saving up the materials for them when you can afford to do so, until then upgrade your character (via gear) so you can make money more efficiently. I thought this was basic knowledge in MMOs, but I guess not....

As for the lvl 80 vendor gear, what exactly is better about it stat-wise? The main stat is ~3 points higher, the secondary stats are ~2 points higher....across 6 pieces that's a difference of 18 points on the primary stat, and 12 on the secondary stat. That's not going to make or break a build.....buy masterwork gear for less than 1/10th of the price until you can afford the more expensive stuff.

I think that it is safe to say the neowinians guild is dead :p past few days havent seen anyone on, and I received a message from one of the leaders saying they were finished with it.

Seems a little disorganized if I'm honest. :rofl:

Or incredibly well made and organized if you're dishonest! :D

I've been wanting to play GW2 for the last two weeks, but my personal life has been so busy. :( Gonna make an axe murderer soon. I mean... axe warrior!

Well that's a great thing to add in: https://forum-en.gui...-Authentication

Unfortunately the lack of content at max level has driven me away from GW2.....it's a great, solid game. But I miss playing around with skills and finding unique/fun ways to farm specific mobs like I did in GW1. Coming up with a build to farm mass amounts of grawl, then perfecting it, then performing it and getting tons of specific materials was some of the best things about the first Guild Wars. The skills specific to weapons equipped was a complete step backwards, Guild Wars had hundreds of skills to choose from that could be put anywhere on your bar. Guild Wars 2 has 5 weapon skills (per weapon combination.....10 if you count weapon swapping). Three healing skills to choose from (and only 1 at a time), and 24 (average per class) utility skills to choose from (only 3 at a time) with 6 elite skills (only 1 at a time....same as GW1).

So basically you have 2024 combinations of utility skills, 3 combinations of healing skills and 6 combinations of elite skills. Weapon skills are locked to your weapon choice, giving you 39 TOTAL WEAPON SKILLS as a warrior (3 for each mainhand, 2 for each offhand, 5 for 2-handers....excluding underwater). If my math is correct, this is 1,420,848 maximum combinations (that is, 2024 utility combinations * 3 healing combinations * 6 elite combinations * 39 total weapon skills...counting each weapon once for its equippable slot) for a warrior. And that's counting something like changing the healing skill as a completely different combination when nothing else changes. The only saving grace is Guild Wars 2 has many more viable builds because a lot of the skills are more tied to playstyle rather than effectiveness. In GW1 there were certain skills that were no doubt better at specific tasks than other skills (think of how the 55 monk worked, it didn't work without protective spirit.....I don't know any GW2 combinations that only work because of 1 key skill).

Guild Wars 1 has 50 or more skills depending on the campaign. Excluding elite skills (15 elite skills per class). Assuming each build needs 1 elite skill (lets face it, barely any builds in GW1 went without an elite skill), that's 15 combinations of elite skills (vs 6 that GW2 has) and 7 other slots that could hold any of the 50+ skills each class had. If my math is correct, that's 99,884,400 skill combinations of non-elite skills (you are picking 7 skills due to the 1 elite skill, out of the 50+ skills you have). Now, obviously not all of these skill combinations are useful (I would say a large amount of them are not), but the same goes for guild wars 2, a large majority of utility skills are not very useful without taking traits specifically to support them.

Even if we say 1/10th of GW1's possible builds are actually viable, that still leaves us with nearly 10 million viable builds (viable as in it will work to do something, not it is optimized to do something as efficiently as possible).

All said and done, GW2 is a great game, if it used the skill system from GW1 (many more skills, not locked down) I would likely still be playing it and creating builds....but because of the skill lockdown in GW2 (specific to a weapon, 1 heal skill required and 1 elite required) there just isn't any way to create builds like there were for Guild Wars 1. That was a big part of GW1 to me, tons of skills, some more viable in most situations than others, but the ability to find things that worked really well to accomplish the goal you wanted. In GW2 it feels like you just pick a weapon you want and the skills you want to support that weapon with and roll with it. There is no discovering unique uses for skills or skills that work together to make something really powerful.

tl;dr - Loved all the game content that GW2 has, but the skill system is the games single largest flaw. Forcing players to use specific skill is never good. There is no variety between a majority of builds because the weapons take up over half of your skill slots. In GW1 you could make a build work with 0 combat skills or 6 combat skills (while being limited to 8 slots....55 monk, 0 attack skills, did damage from enemies hitting himself), in GW2 you are forced to use and only use 5 combat skills (50% of your skill bar).

I'm 100% certain that down the road they will have to add in new weapons. And/or add new weapon specific skills that we can slot as we choose. Probably both.

I might agree that it is a little limiting at times but it's still fun to me. It's just kind of annoying how Anet seems to be prioritizing skill balance and skill equality over fun. And that's the problem that GW1 had in the opposite direction. Skills were not equal and there was lots of fun combinations but it was really hard to balance the thousands of skills and millions of skill combinations. I don't feel as if they met a solid middle ground, yet.

But as I said, I'm still playing and enjoying it. I played for about 6 hours last night before I realized it was 2am. It didn't feel as though I played that long. Now...the moving goal posts that are the legendary precursor weapons is a different story. Something needs to be done about those and pretty quickly. The prices are getting more and more out of hand by the day.

...in GW2 you are forced to use and only use 5 combat skills (50% of your skill bar).

Not true, you have 10 (or more if you're an elementalist or engineer). Weapon swapping is something I didn't consider to be that big until I started putting my build together, but if you build your character well, you can create awesome combos. Half the time, I'm sitting here trying to decide between at least 3 builds that I want to do, and forcing myself to pick something and stick with it. It may not be GW1, but it's still pretty awesome I feel. Also, being able to swap out trait abilities is pretty interesting too, as you can adjust to the situation at times.

Not true, you have 10 (or more if you're an elementalist or engineer). Weapon swapping is something I didn't consider to be that big until I started putting my build together, but if you build your character well, you can create awesome combos. Half the time, I'm sitting here trying to decide between at least 3 builds that I want to do, and forcing myself to pick something and stick with it. It may not be GW1, but it's still pretty awesome I feel. Also, being able to swap out trait abilities is pretty interesting too, as you can adjust to the situation at times.

My bad, you are forced to use 10 combat skills out of 15 slots (5 for your primary weapon, 5 for your secondary weapon, the other 5 skills can't be changed in combat). So you are forced to use 66% of your skill bar for combat skills......that's even worse looking at it that way.

My point is, there is 0 build variance in GW2 when compared to how large the build variance was in GW1. Everything but the skill system feels like a leap forward, while the skill system feels like a leap backwards from GW1 (to me, at least). Unfortunately, the skill system in GW1 was a huge reason to why I played it for so long, and because it's lacking a similar system in GW2, I find myself with nothing to do in GW2 since I've hit 80.