Guild Wars 2

official mmo guild wars arenanet pc

• Please log in to reply
2689 replies to this topic

#16 Drugar

Drugar

Neowinian

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:46

But can you jump yet? and what will the level cap be?

When they first started talking about GW2 back in 07, they were saying it would be a fully interactive world, and that included adding the Y Axis (ability to jump) in the game. "Guild Wars 2 will be a true 3D environment which will allow characters to jump over obstacles as well as swim and dive underwater. New animation coding will allow separate tracks for upper and lower body components, allowing players to activate more skills while running or jumping for smoother combat immersion. " Source

They just released a lvl graph and it states that the lvl cap is 80 Source

#17 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:50

Yeah, they've added jumping and swimming too, apparently. Bigger question is will they have an auction house? :laugh:

They added it to the first GW, so I don't see why they wouldn't to the second.

#18 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:53

They added it to the first GW, so I don't see why they wouldn't to the second.

screenshot or it didn't happen :D

#19 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:57

GW has an AH? o_0

#20 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 August 2010 - 13:19

GW has an AH? o_0

Been years since I played the game, but I do remember a merchant was added at Droknar's Forge that acted as auction house. Remember him well, because I used to always run to him after successful ectoplasm drop in the underworld of fow.

#21 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 August 2010 - 13:21

I don't think we're thinking of the same thing when I say "auction house".

#22 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 August 2010 - 13:24

I don't think we're thinking of the same thing when I say "auction house".

I was thinking about a merchant that sells player's items to other players. What were you thinking about?

#23 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 August 2010 - 13:24

A merchant is exactly that. Someone that buys/sells items.

Auction Houses are where you sell your item to other players in the game in the style of an auction where the highest bid wins. GW doesn't have this feature.

#24 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 August 2010 - 13:27

I was thinking about a merchant that sells player's items to other players. What were you thinking about?

The material trader that prices things based on how much is being sold or bought isn't an auction house like what I meant. I think that's what you're thinking of that was put in the original Guild Wars?

Ugh, that reads confusing as hell, sorry. :wacko: :rofl:

#25 splur

splur

Neowinian

Posted 11 August 2010 - 13:32

Now, should they release this before or after D3?

#26 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 August 2010 - 13:49

Yeah, they've added jumping and swimming too, apparently. Bigger question is will they have an auction house? :laugh:

I think it will, they worked some on adding one to the original GW. People found remnants of an entire new town dedicated and other things that were based around people selling items through private shops, an auction house simply adds a middleman into that so the seller doesn't have to sit idle waiting to sell his stuff.

EDIT:

Here we go: http://wiki.guildwar...i/Xunlai_Market

It was a dedicated town for trading, which would touch at least a little bit on the auction house front. I see no reason that they wouldn't go full-bore with an AH in GW2.

When they first started talking about GW2 back in 07, they were saying it would be a fully interactive world, and that included adding the Y Axis (ability to jump) in the game.

Guidl Wars has ALWAYS had a Y-Axis, that is why you could shoot at targets farther away if you were above them, and would have to get closer to shoot a target that was uphill from you. But, they are adding the ability to move along that Y-Axis with GW2. They are not adding a Y-Axis (it was already there), they are increasing the range of motion to include that Y-Axis. But yes, you will be able to jump and swim in GW2, which will be very nice.

#27 ]SK[

]SK[

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 August 2010 - 14:29

Getting the higher ground was always an advantage to ranged attackers like the Paragon and Ranger.

#28 bjoswald

bjoswald

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Aria

Posted 11 August 2010 - 14:31

No, thanks. Bring on Cataclysm!

#29 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 11 August 2010 - 17:25

without getting hyped or following it too closely i am looking forward to this game for the following reasons:

world pvp without factions
80 levels but no exp/time per level curve.

i really disliked the little time i spent with gw1. but gw2 seems to address the issues i had with it.

#30 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 August 2010 - 17:48

without getting hyped or following it too closely i am looking forward to this game for the following reasons:

world pvp without factions
80 levels but no exp/time per level curve.

i really disliked the little time i spent with gw1. but gw2 seems to address the issues i had with it.

They're also revamping the skill system. You get 10 skill slots now, 5 are weapon and profession dependent, which can be changed by changing weapons, and 5 which are profession and race dependent, which can only be changed out of combat. One slot is reserved for a healing skill, and one is reserved for an elite skill.

On top of that, they are also attempting to lower the possibility of bad skill combinations, such as bringing Gash (which requires the opponent to be bleeding) without bringing a skill that causes bleeding.

GW was pretty unique in the way its skill system worked, limiting the skills you can use at any one time, which forced you to pay attention to what skills you had (unlike WoW which allowed you access to almost all of your skills at any time) to be effective. GW2 will be a little more open, with 2 more slots (one dedicated to healing and another dedicated to an elite), but it seems like it will still have limitations so you cannot simply use whatever skills you want whenever you want like most other MMOs.

In short, Tactics is still important in GW2, unlike virtually any other MMO out there (that is, you actually have to plan your skills and what not out beforehand, instead of just changing on the fly whenever you want) but it doesn't seem quite as limited as it was in the original, which can be a good change.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!