Ever heard of TTG? They're a bunch of babies.

So I was on TTG, TheTechGame, confronting some issue that I had noticed. TTG is stealing from this site, and I've known that for a while, please read the following. (The names of the forums do not matter, but I thought I'd throw it in there for the hell of it.)

I posted what you see below in a forum called "The Rant" on TTG, and within 2 minutes, my post got deleted, and I had been IP banned form the site, just because they don't like to admin their faults and admit that they don't own the world.

According to a lot of members on TTG, if you have a website that has forums, and you're a member on TTG, then your site must be a TTG Fanboy site.

What am I talking about?

Comments like this:

Not for you sorry.

I just dont like TTG Fanboy sites :/ Literlly they copy EVERYTHING .

And badges is one of them !

You may think I'm just ranting on and on about how people think user's sites are copying TTG by way of badges' date=' forums, etc. But it's more than that.

TTG has the exact same forum names as Neowin, a technology site which has been around [b']much longer than TTG.[/b]

Just a few examples:

TTG:b3302c00aac9dd367f015fe8d9dc6300.png

Neowin:a449ba8b3b78e6b575534f7f469e0469.png

TTG:117bffe08067ee72e395e53d5251b2ba.png

Neowin:a92fd44494a4276f0f23bdfe6923bb4c.png

TTG:2b7e61bad7f8dd36a58a7c574c9623ca.png

Neowin:efec4272700f0815daf6530ecd9276de.png

Those aren't big deals, as they are just forum names, and anybody can use them.

Here's what gets to me when people say that all these "fanboy" sites are copying TTG by way of badges.

Many forums that have been around long before TTG used badges, TTG did not invent the use of badges, and TTG also did not use their own badges. They have some custom ones, but look below:

Neowin has been around much longer than TTG, and has had these badges long before we here ever got them:

5297bdfe287f9e169dcaef9908f5d711.png

14de797da3a16a04ccc61797e0a71776.png

2a4303de5c4bbfb700beac3d7d062336.png

84b05cc452c78b4da429c3cbb790d0a7.png

Do those badges, and star rank icons look familiar? They should, because they're the same thing that TTG uses.

My point is, there's no sense in calling somebody's site a fanboy site just because they want to have badges and forums, etc.

Because, TTG has stolen badges, rank icons, and much more from Neowin, but DO YOU SEE ANYBODY CALLING TTG A FANBOY SITE?

/rant.

TTG uses all the same **** as you guys, they have your little stars for when you're not a specialized rank, they even have the ones going up to 60K, 15K and so on where the stars change colors, they have all the same badges for admins, subscribers, etc. that you have here, their forums to me look like they were created in the spitting image of this site.

And just for tryign to point something like this out, I have been permanently IP banned.

Talk about a corrupt staff, and corrupt site. Wow.

I have no idea what all the fanboy comments you are making is actually about. In fact i couldnt make head or tail of your post other than you appear to believe someone is ripping off Neowins badges? :s

Come on guys, not hard to understand. He obviously just copied and pasted whatever he posted on TTG that got him banned and he's reposting it here. To the OP, yeah, this has been brought up before, nothing we can really do about it.

We did read it. and I still say WTF? It's a non issue. He's mad because he got banned. Reading one of his other posts I can see he likes to stir up a little trouble.

Get this straight first: I'm not flaming the staff, and especially not anyone individually.

But, I've seen (since I've been here..) countless useless topics created by these "staff" members.

What happens when they post spam? People laugh, it gets 4 pages of replies and then it's all good.

What happens when I post spam? People tell em to gtfo, it gets closed, and I get warned.

We did read it. and I still say WTF? It's a non issue. He's mad because he got banned. Reading one of his other posts I can see he likes to stir up a little trouble.

You don't think he's trying to point out the stealing bit ...

....he didn't get banned from Newoin, he got banned from TTG for bringing up the fact they stole ?much of their graphics from Neowin.

....he didn't get banned from Newoin, he got banned from TTG for bringing up the fact they stole ?much of their graphics from Neowin.

I know where he got banned from. "Much" of thier graphics? You mean the badges? because that's about the only thing I see that resembles Neowin.

I know where he got banned from. "Much" of thier graphics? You mean the badges? because that's about the only thing I see that resembles Neowin.

It's not just that, TTG has been brought up quite a few times before for ripping stuff from Neowin.

From what I can see, TTG has been nothing but good towards neowin.

So for instance, if a user wished to promote www.neowin.net to the top of the page, and query a search for a keyword on the front page, it would place Neowin.net on the top of your search results. This is a benefit for people who promote their favourite sites like Neowin to return the first result.
Patch Tuesday brought several fixes to Windows yesterday, and thanks to Neowin user fr33k we have them listed below.
Even with recent attacks on the web site reported here on Neowin, the site continues its push forward to becoming the newest social tool for all users alike.

and I found no reference to TTG on Neowin.

I still say it's just an attack against being banned for acting like an idiot.

I agree that they are the same but...so what? That's about all I can see of any likeness to neowin. Is it that big of deal?

No, ripping off work is never a big deal ... Are you part of TTG?