mma ufc bellator wsof one fc invicta fc deep dream pride

1139 replies to this topic

#46 Kriz

Kriz

Neowinian Senior

• 8,403 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 01 January 2011 - 15:01

Ahh no i forgot it was on, ill get on that now, know the outcome but got to watch it..

#47 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 119,462 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 01 January 2011 - 15:04

Yes, seems like Bellator is coming to MTV 2.

Did anyone see Ubereem destroying Todd Duffee in Dynamite!! 2010? Duffee took a gamble by taking that fight with only two weeks notice. There was no way he could beat Ubereem without a proper training camp. And Ubereem crushes yet another can for the DREAM HW title that didn't exist until that date.

maybe UFC should bring him in!

#48 +StevoFC

StevoFC

In Search Of...

• 8,909 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 15:30

maybe UFC should bring him in!

They won't ever. Overeem likes to fight in Japan all the time, more so than the US. UFC never lets people fight in a bunch of other promotions at the same time.
Strikeforce and Dream have a deal where they can fight in both promotions. Plus Overeem does K1.

And about Dufee taking a gamble, Overeem just won the K1 tournament 2 weeks ago. Fought 3 fights one 1 night. And he totally crushed him. I don't think a proper training camp would have done anything for his chances. lol

#49 +Lovell

Lovell

,l,(-.-),l,

• 1,643 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 20:49

Overeem's been destroying cans but still he destroyed Brett Rogers and Cro-Cop in the first round, Brett beat Arlovski and went 2 rounds with Fedor; Cro-Cop went 3 rounds with Dos Santos and Frank Mir and yet Overeem destroyed them both in the first round I actually believe Overeem wouldn't do to badly in the UFC he'd lose to Brock and the wrestlers but I believe he'd beat most of the UFCs strikers.

#50 flow``

flow``

Neowinian

• 99 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 20:52

_IF_ he could pass a drug test :p

#51 +Lovell

Lovell

,l,(-.-),l,

• 1,643 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 21:20

_IF_ he could pass a drug test :p

It's just all the horse meat he eats :whistle:

Posted Image

#52 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 119,462 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 21:43

It's just all the horse meat he eats :whistle:

Posted Image

whoa :rofl:

#53 Kriz

Kriz

Neowinian Senior

• 8,403 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 02 January 2011 - 00:37

Ive never really realised how bigger he's got, but looking at that pic that seems ridiculous! He looks Bob Sapp size in the latest picture :rofl:

#54 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 119,462 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:03

Ive never really realised how bigger he's got, but looking at that pic that seems ridiculous! He looks Bob Sapp size in the latest picture :rofl:

Bob Sapp :rofl:

#55 OP D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,286 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:10

Overeem's been destroying cans but still he destroyed Brett Rogers and Cro-Cop in the first round, Brett beat Arlovski and went 2 rounds with Fedor; Cro-Cop went 3 rounds with Dos Santos and Frank Mir and yet Overeem destroyed them both in the first round I actually believe Overeem wouldn't do to badly in the UFC he'd lose to Brock and the wrestlers but I believe he'd beat most of the UFCs strikers.

Don't forget that by MMAth, JDS beat Fedor :p

Ubereem is making too much money picking up titles in Japan to go to the UFC. I hope he doesn't end up like Fedor, passing a payday of a lifetime for a superfight with Brock and ending up losing his bargaining potencial. Maybe he'll go around picking up HW titles in B-League organizations for a collection of belts. I can just picture it in my mind: Ubereem Tachi Palaces Fights, Shark Fights and Impact FC HW champion.

Or maybe he will fight decent competition in Strikeforce (LOL?).

#56 OP D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,286 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 21:06

Strikeforce is supposedly putting together a HW tournament that will feature all of their 4! interesting HW. Probably won't happen in the end because a) M-1 won't let Fedor fight. b) Barnett won't get his licence back. c) Both of the above d) All of the above and something else.

#57 +StevoFC

StevoFC

In Search Of...

• 8,909 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 21:27

Strikeforce is supposedly putting together a HW tournament that will feature all of their 4! interesting HW. Probably won't happen in the end because a) M-1 won't let Fedor fight. b) Barnett won't get his licence back. c) Both of the above d) All of the above and something else.

Yeah and Strikeforce wanted to do a tourney in one night, but the athletic commissions in the US won't let them.

#58 +Lovell

Lovell

,l,(-.-),l,

• 1,643 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 21:31

Strikeforce has some good heavyweights it'd be a decent card just a shame it'll never happen; I feel sorry for Scott Coker he has decent fighters who just don't give a **** about Strikeforce and who'd rather be fighting elsewhere, can kind of understand why Dana requires all fighters to sign a contract saying they'll only fight for the UFC.

#59 OP D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,286 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 21:38

Yeah and Strikeforce wanted to do a tourney in one night, but the athletic commissions in the US won't let them.

Didn't Bellator have the same problem? From the wiki it seems like it's going to be:
Fedor vs Bigfoot
Josh Barnett vs Andrei Arlovski (Arlovski coming in from 3 losses in a row to other guys in the tournament and Josh not having a licence due to steroids. LOL).
Fabricio Werdum vs Brett Rogers (Werdum taking a step down in competition fighting a guy that was beaten twice in a row by, well, two other guys in the tournament).
Alistair Overeem vs ? Seriously? Who is the can that they are going to bring in to fight Ubereem? Every other decent SF HW is already spoken for so... I'm thinking it will be Herschel Walker (LOL?) or even Bobby Lashley (LOL^2). Seriously, just look at the Strikeforce HW roster and take a pick.

Also notice that the only way that Overeem and Fedor fight is in the finals because they are in the opposite brackets. If this was being organized in Japan I would say it would be fixed to the eyeballs for a Ubereem vs Fedor final.

#60 +StevoFC

StevoFC

In Search Of...

• 8,909 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 00:19

Seriously, just look at the Strikeforce HW roster and take a pick.

They could pull in a couple from Dream too, though there arent many heavyweights there.