Forgot your password?
Or sign in with one of these services
EL1TE, 23 Nov 2010
Posted 23 Nov 2010
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (also referenced as Skyrim) is a fantasy role-playing video game in development by Bethesda Game Studios and to be published by Bethesda Softworks. Skyrim is the fifth installment in The Elder Scrolls fantasy role-playing video game series, and is a sequel to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The game was announced on December 11, 2010 at the Spike Video Game Awards with a release date of November 11, 2011 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
The game takes place in the Nordic land of Skyrim, on the fictional continent of Tamriel. The story is set 200 years after the events of Oblivion, and will feature dragons and revolve around the Nordic god Alduin, who comes to destroy the world.
Skyrim uses a new, internally developed engine, rather than the Gamebryo engine used for the previous two installments in the series.
The February 2011 edition of Game Informer magazine revealed the first details about the content of Skyrim. Their website revealed that the game would introduce a new in-world language, the tongue of the dragons, which would be important in Skyrim's story and gameplay.
* Third person view has been improved
* 5 massive cities, more variation in caves and underground stuff.
* There is an option for no HUD.
* On Conversations: Conversations aren't done in a zoomed in static shot anymore.Start a conversation with some and they will act like someone would in real life, looking at you occasionally and walking around a bit and also continue doing a task if they were doing one while talking.
* On Weapon smithing: Go to a forge and carve a new weapon out of red hot metal.
* Dual-wielding: you have two hands now in combat and you can wield anything to both hands. You may assign a dagger on left hand and use a mace with right hand. The choice as they say is yours.
* Duel: You may duel any NPC on the streets western style.
* Inheritance: When you kill a shopkeeper, his/her family member will inherit the shop and will be angry about you, but stil give you missions.
* Level-scaling: It is coming back
* 18 skills: supposedly even less skills to play with?
* No mysticism
* Perks: Rumored to be in Skyrim. I may have understood it wrong.
* Boosts: Pick stamina, health, magic boosts on level up.
* Enchanting: This skill makes a return.
* "Radiant storytelling" or Level Scaling 2.0: "The game eventually logs a huge storehouse of knowledge about how you've played, and subsequently tailors content to your capabilities and experiences. Entering a city, a young woman might approach you and beg you to save her daughter from kidnappers. The game will look at the nearby dungeons you've explored, automatically set the mission in a place you've never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses."
* Fast-Travel: As you probably expect, you can instantly travel to previous locations with a tap of the button
* Sprinting: You can now sprint about!
* Town visiting: You may do more in towns, like tailor weapons, cooking, farming or mining. Not much details about this or how detailed they are as jobs.
* Dynamic Shadows
* Improved Faces/Improved Models Example: Faces have been dramatically overhauled. Characters now exhibit more emotion show of distinctions between different races and just plain looks better.
* Radiant AI
* Updated Engine Snow falls dynamically (not as a basic texture on the ground)
* Trees and branches move independently with the wind
* Water flows
* Randomly generated quests
* You can't run backwards as fast as you do forward.
* 10 races to choose from (Holy crap thats a lot of races)
* Confirmed creatures: zombies, skeletons, trolls, giants, ice wraiths, giant spiders, dragons, wolves, horses Elk, mammoth, saber-toothed cats
* Presumably open cities (as dragons can attack)
* Hud-free first-person view and improved third-person perspective
* Very unique landscapes! Also unique dungeons! In other words, lots of uniqueness!
* Character creation improved, body features customizable
* 2-handed weapons and duel wielding confirmed.
* Finishing moves, unique to each weapon and enemy you fight.
* Dialog will pop up when you approach an enemy
* Perk picking at every level-up
* 5 Magic Schools Destruction Alteration Conjuration Restoration Illusion.REQUIREMENTS
-Developer(s) Bethesda Game StudiosPlatform(s) Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360Release Date: 11-11-11Official Website: http://www.elderscrolls.com/
Posted 24 Nov 2010
Posted 25 Nov 2010
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Already have an account? Sign in here.
No registered users viewing this page.
Existing user? Sign In