Meet the browser: Firefox Next

Only if they create a new profile, existing ones don't get changed.

i generally create a New profile with each new release.  dunno why though as i barely use firefox nowadays. anyone know what Browser that dude ( TheVisitor ) is now using that was in the MozillaZine forum? i believe he left firefox an now using something else 

Good sign - Firefox again started to feature 64-bit Nightly builds on their URL: https://nightly.mozilla.org/

Also new One click related search functionality is landing in Firefox:

(Image Credits to streetwolf from mozillazine)

Vc4yLtX.png

If you wanna disable it, go to about:config and search "browser.search.showOneOffButtons" and set it to FALSE.

They're also working on a centralised push type certificate revocation list like Google does with Chrome, so instead of Firefox needing to check manually if a certificate is revoked, it gets pushed that information daily, much better for security.

wonder if that will get into Firefox 34?

God no, 34 is being released in like 2 days.

They're also working on a centralised push type certificate revocation list like Google does with Chrome, so instead of Firefox needing to check manually if a certificate is revoked, it gets pushed that information daily, much better for security.

God no, 34 is being released in like 2 days.

im fraid they already have put it there http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2890823&start=60 

b are in mind there are 2 34 Versions. plain 34.0 an the other is 34.0.5  this thread may explain why the 2 versions http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2891765&start=15

Wow, that's really odd then. The change just landed in the nightly builds today, so this is going out with basically zero testing done.

Must be because of a legal agreement or something, it's really silly to stick code into a release this close to shipping.

Wow, that's really odd then. The change just landed in the nightly builds today, so this is going out with basically zero testing done.

Must be because of a legal agreement or something, it's really silly to stick code into a release this close to shipping.

I know but moz devz are odd

I know but moz devz are odd

all Mozilla had to do was change the Defauylt Search engine in Beta an leave the rest to Nightly testing or Dev Edition . might as well call the Beta the new Nightly 

Nightly has been updated to version 37.

Also AZPC does work on Windows with e10s enabled (didn't try with disable but it was not working previously). You guys should try and file bugs if any:

Change "layers.async-pan-zoom.enabled" to True.

The new search box behavior is weird. Now you can't change the default search engine as quickly because you need to go into the Options to even change it, whereas before it was done through a simple dropdown menu inside the search box.

The new search box behavior is weird. Now you can't change the default search engine as quickly because you need to go into the Options to even change it, whereas before it was done through a simple dropdown menu inside the search box.

Yeah that's basically the point of it, so you can do a one off search without changing your default search engine.

How often do people change their default search engine anyway? I've been using the same one since the 0.x days.

Yeah that's basically the point of it, so you can do a one off search without changing your default search engine.

How often do people change their default search engine anyway? I've been using the same one since the 0.x days.

your not gonna get the best answers if you use the same one all the time

I like it, but don't forget that it also used to change the default search engine in the address bar too. So the new behavior does come with some disadvantages.

Installed 34, YouTube videos don't work (An error occurred...). Incredibly disappointed with the browser ever since they changed the UI. Not because of the UI, but because it crashes at least once a day. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

When it freezes I usually just force kill it and restart, haven't looked at any reports. Anyway, deleted cache and disabled and re-enabled Flash, still can't play videos :/

EDIT: Disabled YouTube center, it works now :wacko:

When it freezes I usually just force kill it and restart, haven't looked at any reports. Anyway, deleted cache and disabled and re-enabled Flash, still can't play videos :/

EDIT: Disabled YouTube center, it works now :wacko:

i just updated my firefox & youtube still works just fine with YouTube Center

make sure you don't have an old version of the addon installed. the dev changed up some things with the updater in the past few months and there was a point where i had to update to a newer version manually

Use the developer version of YouTube Center off Github. The versions found on userscript sites are outdated/broken.

no, the dev actually has started updating the main version again. but again you have to get it off the github now (that's the change i was talking about to the updater)