Sony Ericsson Xperia neo

The 3.7" display seems ideal. The specifications seem excellent. Comes out to be around $650.

Does anyone else have this phone? Any opinions?

Is there any similarly priced phone that offers any advantages over this?

I am thinking of getting it in July/August.

it's a great phone for the price. it's essentially the same phone as the Arc, with the same great camera (best camera phone currently, with the possible exception of the N8) and it's got the same Bravia engine screen as the arc. granted if you want a bigger screen there's always the arc, though it'll be a bit more.

I decided against the arc because the screen seemed too big for me. Like the shape though :)

I have sworn off Nokia: I currently own the Nokia X6.

Any deal breakers for the neo?

• 1 month later...

there has been a lot of changes in this Xperia prophecy from Xperia x10 to Xperia Neo as in between there came Xperia x10 Mini, X10 Mini pro, Xperia x10i, Xperia Play, Xperia Arc and then finally came Xperia neo which is lot more advanced than previous xperia phones however the most interesting thing to note bout these xperia phones is though all being smartphones still they possess an android heart. :)

previous x8 had updgrade upto 2.1 or 2.2 froyo but i feltl it was pretty lame :angry: . So its true x10 has got 2.3 gingerbread version android OS and this has got inherited to its Xperia legacy following it.

there's a lot of difference between previous SE Xperia phones and this new sony ericsson xperia neo however xperia arc was launched before xperia neo and both have some similarities in internal design while display screen of arc is slightly bigger than neo. Also there's no much difference in xperia neo and this xperia pro as pro is version evolved from x10 Mini pro and this new xperia pro version has got a newer qwerty keypad and this is where pro creates an image as a business phone but not bigger than neo. Xperia neo and pro has same processor power so to me there's not much difference at all. Both have same processor and equal RAM.

both the phones have 2.3 Gingerbread Andorid OS. Processor of neo and pro is much advanced than arc and obviously it has got an enhanced video watching and gaming capabilities. Previous version like Xperia Play, Mini Pro all had 2.3 OS version but they lacked processing power and speed as compared to new Arc, Neo and Pro.

now bout Xperia Play it matched sumwhat to the these new xperia phones as it was considered to be a gaming phone but cant be considered an equivalent(i mean its better as gaming phone and as per its technology it must be considered only a gaming phone) . Infact to me this sony ericsson Xperia Neo and Pro in terms of processor power, camera and cost both are still much more beneficial than previously launched Arc and the most important thing to me is their camera having 8MP capability with additional front facing camera thus high quality video capturing and image capturing will be much more pleasurable on both. So as per my budget limitation i feel cost wise neo as well as pro are much affordable than buying Arc. (Y)