What is the scariest movie you've watched?

Wasn't that about the ship passing through the Bermuda triangle?

A salvage crew that discovers a long-lost 1962 passenger ship floating lifeless in a remote region of the Bering Sea soon notices, as they try to tow it back to land, that "strange things" happen...

The Exorcist, because I was 11 when I saw it and it basically terrified me away from any horror movie ever. I still very rarely watch them to this day.

Lost Highway (David Lynch) was a good one, that confused the crap out of me, and freaks me out, for some reason.

I still see this guys face when I sleep sometimes:

lost_highway.jpglost-highway_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Scary movies don't scare me, but I watch them anyway 'cos they're fun. Some movies are quite disturbing, though. House of 1000 Corpses was a good example of that; it stuck with me for days. Also, the scene in Misery where she hobbles him stuck with me for quite a while when I was younger.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a bit of a horror junkie, but there are two films that genuinely creeped me out;

1) Thirteen Ghosts; I don't know why, but this film didn't let me sleep for about 3 nights. Admittedly I was probably too young to watch it at the time, but it's one of my favourite films now.

2) Pan's Labyrinth; This film was just genuinely creepy. So many eerie fairytale things going on, but the thing that scared me the most was the scene with the banquet and that...thing with the eyes in its hands. It was just...ugh, did not like. It wasn't scary in a 'I'm not going to sleep tonight sort of way, but more a 'that's just downright wrong' way.

+1 for Fire in the Sky. I didn't sleep right for not only days, but months after that. Hell, it still affects me from time to time. I'm not sure it's a "horror" but it's F'n scary. After that, not much, maybe Paranormal Activity, Cargo, Event Horizon, First couple Child's Play movies. None of which are too bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hard one to choose, i havn't genuinely been scared by a film for a long time. Ive found that more recent horror films follow the same basic setup; something weird is happening then along the lines somewhere you get to "see" what it is, whether it a living being, a shadow of a human shape etc, for me this entirely ruins the film.

I must've been 13 when it came out, but The Blair Witch Project was the last film i can remember actually scaring me during a film.

Is there even such a thing as a scary movie ?

There's sick movies and fright movies that make you jump, but I don't think there's really such a thing as Scary Movies (Apart from the "Scary Movie" movies themselves) that make you scared.

What do you guys think of Cabin in the Woods? ... and no, I'm definitely not saying this is the scariest movie ever. I'm just wanting opinions.

I really enjoyed it, its not scary as you said but its all the scary stuff in one place

Woman in Black scared the stuffing out of me!

Yeah, Cabin in the Woods is definitely a really good movie, but it's certainly not the scariest movie of all time lol.

haha no and I think it kinda knows it...more of a homage then a scary movie

The original The Thing from Another World, 1951. When they were looking for the Thing and opened a door and RRRROOOAARRR there it was! Scared a big scream out of me at age 7!

• 3 months later...

Nothing scares me anymore... Not like when I was a kid.

Only thing that creeps me out a bit now are spirits/demons. I've heard a few stories that can't be explained. It seems like only certain people are susceptible to this kind of phenomena though, so I have nothing to think about.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm big fan of horror movies because it's mine favorite genre ever...Recently, I've watched Mama movie in theater with my friends group which is too scary movie for me...Story was too horrible...Must watch it guys..Interesting.....