What is the scariest movie you've watched?

This 8mm movies of Sinister were really spooky.

I have to give Sinister Props, I hadn't been creeped by a movie like that for a long time.

This is going to be an odd choice, but for me, Mars Attacks! caused the most terror for me. For months after seeing that all I could see was skeletons inside people.

The only movie that ever scared the heck out of me was "The Exorcist".  I was 21 when I saw it and had nightmares about it for weeks afterward.  I could not get the image of Linda Blair's head turning completely backwards out of my mind.  I can watch the movie now and it doesn't bother me.

No movie before or since has effected me the same.  The 2 latest so-called scary movies I have seen, "It Follows" and "The Babadook", weren't scary to me at all.

The only movie that ever scared the heck out of me was "The Exorcist".  I was 21 when I saw it and had nightmares about it for weeks afterward.  I could not get the image of Linda Blair's head turning completely backwards out of my mind.  I can watch the movie now and it doesn't bother me.

No movie before or since has effected me the same.  The 2 latest so-called scary movies I have seen, "It Follows" and "The Babadook", weren't scary to me at all.

same here but it still creeps me out. this movie is pure evil.

This is going to be an odd choice, but for me, Mars Attacks! caused the most terror for me. For months after seeing that all I could see was skeletons inside people.

lol you actually saw that? you have a wiiiild imagination (i hope) :D

When I was younger, The Thing scared the hell out of me. It's such an atmospheric film. Absolute classic. To me it's far superior to Alien.

Today there's very little that actually scares me. But that's probably just part of growing up. Some of those 80's/early 90's horrors were quite disturbing for a kid. I remember being afraid to sleep after watching Cat's eye's "The General" (the third story) where that troll thing kept trying to steal that little girl's breath. It seems quite tame now though.

• Like 2

When I was younger, The Thing scared the hell out of me. It's such an atmospheric film. Absolute classic. To me it's far superior to Alien.

Although I am a big fan of Alien, I find The Thing holds more as a horror film.

Probably an old grade B movie called "I Spit on Your Grave". It was very disturbing because the movie was about a woman's revenge on each of the individuals who had gang-raped her in the first part of the movie.

• Like 1

Probably an old grade B movie called "I Spit on Your Grave". It was very disturbing because the movie was about a woman's revenge on each of the individuals who had gang-raped her in the first part of the movie.

http://blip.tv/the-cinema-snob/i-spit-on-your-grave-part-1-by-the-cinema-snob-6549273  (NSFW)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

my list of most scary;

event horizon & mirrors are the only ones i can think of.

the video log and most of the creepy scenes throughout, for mirrors the bit with the women in the changing room.

i recently watched the exorcist for the first time and thought it was ok, not scary, was like watching the enfield haunting with a girl swearing a lot in a rough sounding voice.

the "in the night garden" movie I screened in a hotel. God I am so glad it didn't get released.

This is going to sound like a really weird answer, but when I left the theater after Mars Attacks!, I was completely petrified of the skeleton zapping gun rays. That and everything else just... god no.

• 1 month later...