First BestBuy, then SonyStyle pulled the plug on the 20GB version PlayStation 3 console. Now, Sony has made it official by scrapping the 20GB PS3 in North America, after claiming consumer and retail demand simply wasn't there in comparison to the 60GB model. Along with a large HDD, the latter also offers built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. Dave Karraker of Sony America states: "Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB SKU, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America. Based on retailer and consumer feedback, we have decided to focus our current efforts on the more popular 60GB model."
- Windows 9 and Windows 365 expected to See The Light Of Day in Microsoft Beta
- Good bye IE...again... (a rant) in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Hello everyone on their internet machines! in Introduce Yourself
- PS4 and Xbox One resolution / frame rate discussion in Gamers' Hangout
- Replacement laptop (i7, SSD) in Hardware Hangout
- Judge Effectively Decriminalizes Polygamy in Utah in Real World News
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Ken Kutaragi takes the ice bucket challenge, challenges Kaz Hirai in Sony Console
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.