First BestBuy, then SonyStyle pulled the plug on the 20GB version PlayStation 3 console. Now, Sony has made it official by scrapping the 20GB PS3 in North America, after claiming consumer and retail demand simply wasn't there in comparison to the 60GB model. Along with a large HDD, the latter also offers built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. Dave Karraker of Sony America states: "Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB SKU, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America. Based on retailer and consumer feedback, we have decided to focus our current efforts on the more popular 60GB model."
- a baby was born... in Jokes & Funny Stuff
- Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-6 ISS resupply in Science Discussion & News
- 4 British Sailors Charged with Sexually Assaulting Woman in N.S. in Real World Issues
- Best ASP.NET / PHP Host in Web Design / Programming
- Cyanogen in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Mortal Kombat X: Goro is back! (trailer) in Gamers' Hangout
- Win7 Upgrade To Windows 10 TP in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Roll back from windows 10 TP to 8.1 in Windows Phone
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.