First BestBuy, then SonyStyle pulled the plug on the 20GB version PlayStation 3 console. Now, Sony has made it official by scrapping the 20GB PS3 in North America, after claiming consumer and retail demand simply wasn't there in comparison to the 60GB model. Along with a large HDD, the latter also offers built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. Dave Karraker of Sony America states: "Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB SKU, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America. Based on retailer and consumer feedback, we have decided to focus our current efforts on the more popular 60GB model."
- My Iphone was remotely hacked. Need some advice in iPhone/iOS
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Nintendo makes first operating profit in four years in Nintendo Console
- Mohammed Cartoon Contest: Protested in Real World News
- 7 Days: A week of cleaning up Windows, all things Android, and a lovely low-cost Lumia in Front Page News
- 'Draw Muhammad' contest planned in Phoenix in Real World News
- Skip "Setting up your apps" overlay on first login? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.