First BestBuy, then SonyStyle pulled the plug on the 20GB version PlayStation 3 console. Now, Sony has made it official by scrapping the 20GB PS3 in North America, after claiming consumer and retail demand simply wasn't there in comparison to the 60GB model. Along with a large HDD, the latter also offers built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. Dave Karraker of Sony America states: "Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB SKU, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America. Based on retailer and consumer feedback, we have decided to focus our current efforts on the more popular 60GB model."
- Diablo III in Gamers' Hangout
- Apple releases OS X Yosemite Developer Preview 7 in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Bought a 4K Monitor! in Hardware Hangout
- Massive Epic Celebrity Nude Leak in Real World News
- EA Access getting Need for Speed: Rivals in ‘coming weeks’ in Microsoft Console
- Themes incoming for PS4 2.0 and PSVita 3.30 in Sony Console
- Tax policy: Burger King in Talks to Buy Canadian Chain Tim Hortons in Domestic Politics
- Windows 8.1 'August Update' returns, now with less BSOD in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.