First BestBuy, then SonyStyle pulled the plug on the 20GB version PlayStation 3 console. Now, Sony has made it official by scrapping the 20GB PS3 in North America, after claiming consumer and retail demand simply wasn't there in comparison to the 60GB model. Along with a large HDD, the latter also offers built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. Dave Karraker of Sony America states: "Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB SKU, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America. Based on retailer and consumer feedback, we have decided to focus our current efforts on the more popular 60GB model."
- What's the difference between these monitors? in Hardware Hangout
- What are you listening to? (2015 Edition) in Wall of Sound
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Official Climate Change/Global Warming Thread in Real World Issues
- 3DP Chip 15.03 in Front Page News
- Psexec prob with XP in Internet, Network & Security
- Spotify app launches on PS3 & PS4, exclusive to PlayStation for "foreseeable future" in Sony Console
- Russia announces plan to build new space station with NASA in Science Discussion & News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.