First BestBuy, then SonyStyle pulled the plug on the 20GB version PlayStation 3 console. Now, Sony has made it official by scrapping the 20GB PS3 in North America, after claiming consumer and retail demand simply wasn't there in comparison to the 60GB model. Along with a large HDD, the latter also offers built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. Dave Karraker of Sony America states: "Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB SKU, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America. Based on retailer and consumer feedback, we have decided to focus our current efforts on the more popular 60GB model."
- India is (sort of) getting its first Apple Stores next month in Front Page News
- Oregon eighth-grader suspended from school for wearing patriotic shirt showing gun in Real World News
- Pepsi to release new smartphones in China in Front Page News
- Gallery: Windows 10 build 10565 and an Insider Ring slider in Front Page News
- after july 2016 in Microsoft Insider Previews
- GLOBAL GIVEAWAY: Win a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE Windows Phone + MD-12 Wireless Speaker! in Front Page News
- Free the Nipple movement. in Real World News
- Could the Space shuttle have made it to the moon? in General Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.