First BestBuy, then SonyStyle pulled the plug on the 20GB version PlayStation 3 console. Now, Sony has made it official by scrapping the 20GB PS3 in North America, after claiming consumer and retail demand simply wasn't there in comparison to the 60GB model. Along with a large HDD, the latter also offers built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. Dave Karraker of Sony America states: "Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB SKU, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America. Based on retailer and consumer feedback, we have decided to focus our current efforts on the more popular 60GB model."
- Supreme Court Says Use Of Lethal Injection Drug Is Legal in Real World News
- P2P malware question in Software Discussion & Support
- Interference, Maybe? in Hardware Hangout
- France to force big supermarkets to give unsold food to charities in Real World Issues
- Falcon 9 / Dragon CRS-7 ISS Resupply (mission thread) in Science Discussion & News
- [rumour] Windows 10 $2 upgrade amnesty for pirates in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Windows 10 Insider Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Microsoft has released another Windows 10 build, 10162 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.