First BestBuy, then SonyStyle pulled the plug on the 20GB version PlayStation 3 console. Now, Sony has made it official by scrapping the 20GB PS3 in North America, after claiming consumer and retail demand simply wasn't there in comparison to the 60GB model. Along with a large HDD, the latter also offers built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. Dave Karraker of Sony America states: "Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB SKU, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America. Based on retailer and consumer feedback, we have decided to focus our current efforts on the more popular 60GB model."
- Discuss: One month on, what do you think of Windows 10 so far? in Front Page News
- The Ashley Madison hack: a confusing battle between good and evil in Front Page News
- NeoBytes :) Reuters employee starts Reply All chaos after sending an email to 33,000 people in Front Page News
- ATi Catalyst 14.8 mobility download in Hardware Hangout
- Poll: Are you still waiting to upgrade to Windows 10? in Front Page News
- Got any questions about ION Audio's Slides Forever slides/negative USB film scanner? in Hardware Hangout
- Fix : Windows 10 accessing network drives : Password incorrect in A Collection Of Essential Guides
- Miscellaneous Launches and Payloads (updates) in Science Discussion News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.