First BestBuy, then SonyStyle pulled the plug on the 20GB version PlayStation 3 console. Now, Sony has made it official by scrapping the 20GB PS3 in North America, after claiming consumer and retail demand simply wasn't there in comparison to the 60GB model. Along with a large HDD, the latter also offers built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. Dave Karraker of Sony America states: "Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB SKU, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America. Based on retailer and consumer feedback, we have decided to focus our current efforts on the more popular 60GB model."
- Split Rar files CRC Failing in Software Discussion & Support
- Time Warner Cable 300mbs Internet/RoutersConfiguration in Internet, Network & Security
- Custom computer - mouse not working on startup in Hardware Hangout
- Windows 8.1 Including February Updates ? in Microsoft (Windows) Discussion & Support
- Watch HTC's reveal of the One M9 live right here in Front Page News
- HP unveils the Spectre x360, a 13-inch convertible in Front Page News
- The Order 1886 has gone gold in Sony Console
- Happy Birthday Denis! in Site Announcements
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.