First BestBuy, then SonyStyle pulled the plug on the 20GB version PlayStation 3 console. Now, Sony has made it official by scrapping the 20GB PS3 in North America, after claiming consumer and retail demand simply wasn't there in comparison to the 60GB model. Along with a large HDD, the latter also offers built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. Dave Karraker of Sony America states: "Initial retail demand in North America was upwards of ninety percent in favor of the 60GB SKU, so we manufactured and shipped-in accordingly. Due to the overwhelming demand for the 60GB model from both retailers and consumers, we have ceased offering the 20GB model here in North America. Based on retailer and consumer feedback, we have decided to focus our current efforts on the more popular 60GB model."
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Pray vs Doctor to save your life in Poll Station
- The Jimquisition: Star Wars Battlefront Made Me Realize I'm A Cynical Prick in Gamers' Hangout
- Meet Firefox Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Don’t Ignore The Homegrown Terror Threat in Domestic Politics
- 4K display in Hardware Hangout
- Any countries that Tax Churches? in Real World Issues
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.