• Chromium
    • Vivaldi
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft Internet Explorer
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Other

Well, it seems as though everyone uses a different browser these days, so what browser are you using?

Firefox, mostly because it's the only good cross-platform browser with extension support on Android, and the recent versions with e10s have made it a real joy to use again. It feels as smooth as Microsoft Edge to use now, it's beautiful.

Main browser (Windows, Mac and Linux): Google Chrome

Secondary browser (Windows, Mac and Linux): Mozilla Firefox

Third browser (Windows, Mac and Linux): Vivaldi

Fourth browser: Edge on Windows, Safari on Mac

Android main browser: Mozilla Firefox

Secondary Android browser: Google Chrome

That about covers it. I also have both Chrome Canary and Nightly, but I don't count those as main browsers.

I've been using Maxthon on Windows for a few years now as my primary browser. I also use on occasion Vivaldi these days along with Opera dev releases and very rarely 64-bit variants of Firefox like Cyberfox etc.

Can't wait for whatever Maxthon 5 turns out to be like now that they've started sign ups for the beta/alpha/whatever it is.

Mozilla's Firefox since before v1 and while it's not perfect I don't really have any reason to change. Strong web standards support, add-ons, and sync do it for me. Real cross-platform support (as in not a so called "universal" app) allows me to use it at work and home across Windows 10, Windows 7, Linux, and Android devices. I will use Chrome for some sites that are still Flash only as I don't install it anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Chrome. It was supposed to be a temporary switch while Firefox sorted out its performance issues, but I've ended up staying for the most part.

Back to Firefox.  Tried Vivaldi, liked it very much, but was a bit slow at times.  An annoying delay when clicking a link, I will try it again.

Chrome/Edge x64 at home on 10 pro

Chrome on LG G3 mobile/Linux

Chrome on iphone 6 work mobile

Chrome x64/ IE11 work Laptop (W7 pro x64)

Edge/chrome W10 x64 Surfacebook Pro 4 (work)

1 account shared with all devices for bookmark & addins support etc.

In order of priority: Firefox, then IE, then Edge (if only to provide feedback for improvement.) I often have all three open in order to be logged into multiple Gmail accounts at once - my cousin & ! have our New Zenith correspondence split between a couple accounts and can't always remember which one was used.

Didn't do the poll because you can only choose one.

I use opera at work, I have Firefox at home. I've been meaning to switch ever since opera 15 or 16 or whichever one was the one after 12 (version numbers, eh ?) and I've been "trying" firefox for a very long time, giving myself some time to make up my mind. I guess I forgot I was doing that.

At the end of the day as long as I have tabs, ad-blocking and some sort of really customisable speed dial (not those automatic crap where you can't chose your websites, I replace those with add-ons whenever I can) I guess it doesn't *really* matter to me what browser I have.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

For general browsing (and cross platform sync and web development via extensions), I prefer to use Chrome.

I use Firefox more as a heavily protected workhorse for when I need security... like not using form retention or LastPass or whatnot I use for convenience on Chrome, just NoScript and other security addons.

Really, it could be the other way around, I'm not especially devoted to either platform. They are comparable to the point of just being a matter of taste.