Founded in 2000, reaches a deep community of IT professionals, extreme tech enthusiasts and a hardcore gaming community by providing technology industry news with added emphasis on software. New posts often set off a firework like response, generating hundreds if not thousands of views in just minutes.

Neowin LLC is part owned by Stardock (40%) represented by Brad Wardell, with Steven Parker & Marcel Klum equally sharing the remaining 60%; Neowin LLC was setup in March 2005.

For a brief summary of the different staff groups on Neowin, please click here.

For advertising opportunities start here, or if you want to write for Neowin go here.

To contact us by postal mail:

Neowin LLC,
15090 Beck Road,
Suite 300,
Plymouth, Michigan 48170
United States

News management

Managing / Senior Editor for Europe: Andy Weir

I love, and live, tech.

I have a keen personal interest in how technology can be used to solve broader social and even geopolitical problems; if you have any thoughts on that front, let's have a beer and chew the cud - you never know, we may just make the world a better place.
I'm a Microsoft fan, but not a Microsoft fanboy - my tech world is filled with MS gear (from the HP Touchsmart and twin-display HP Pavilion Elite desktop, to my Windows 8 Samsung tablet and Lenovo Yoga 13, to my HP Home Server, Xbox 360 and various Windows Phones), but I'm not oblivious to all that Microsoft gets wrong (and boy, what a list that is), nor to all that Google, Apple and others get right.


News Reporter (part time)

Jobs at Neowin

We are always looking for people to complement our team, from news reporters through to the development team.

We offer paid positions for news reporters, below you can see what you could earn as a staff reporter, the payments are made in stages depending on how popular the article is and is calculated against revenue sharing, these figures are recalculated and/or reviewed annually.

This means we don't pay a flat rate, we reward our news reporters based on the popularity of the articles they submit online. We also have several bonus optiions in place for those that go above and beyond.

  • 0 - 3,999 views
  • >100,000 views bonus at the discretion of the Editor staff

Monthly bonuses (articles total views)


Views are unique, not page hits.

We are currently looking for:

Below are the positions currently open on Neowin. Policy for product reviews and promotions

The US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has a stated guideline for media and bloggers who accept products of value and cash payments as quid pro quo for product mentions and reviews.

Writers for Neowin LLC are strictly compensated by Neowin LLC and are not paid in any fashion by third party vendors; nor are writers allowed to accept payment of any form for personal gain for promotion, advertising, recommendation, or opinions on products.

Hardware and software vendors often provide Neowin LLC writers products for review which is deemed necessary to cover these products. At the end of any product review (software or hardware) the product is returned to the vendor, donated to a public organization, or given away to Neowin LLC readers.

In some cases, a third party, representing a vendor, will provide Neowin LLC with products for review. In these cases, the third party is considered the vendor and all applicable rules still apply.

Some events that Neowin LLC attends may be sponsored events. In such cases, all rules regarding payment and promotion still apply. If travel, meal, and entertainment costs have been provided by the vendor, full disclosure will apply in associated articles.

Neowin LLC writers abide by these standards and work diligently to provide honest and un-influenced opinions. All vendors that are reviewed and represented understand that by reviewing, representing, or covering the costs for an event, does not guarantee, in any form, a positive refection of the event or product.

Contacting & Following us

You can use the Tip Us form, or Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter @NeowinFeed.

Please note that we do not respond to personal technical support requests, for that you can register on our forums and ask our community for assistance.

Server Hardware and hosting

We moved to Amazon Web Services (AWS) in 2014 to give us greater flexibility with the hardware that we need to run the site. As of March 2017 we currently utilize:

  • Three AWS ec2 Web Servers;
  • One AWS ec2 Database Server

Before that, Neowin owned three frontend web servers and two database servers that were hosted in a data center in Chicago (1TB data connection). All of the servers were repurposed outside of Neowin.

Fair usage of the Neowin logo

The Neowin logo was created by Jason Kelley and was based off an earlier version that Larry Cook made in 2001. We allow external websites to use it in reference to The logo has seen many incremental "polish" updates, but remains the same branding.