Help me decide on these 'Start Up' items?

Hello Members!

Please refer to the following Start-Up Items showing up as being enabled within my Win XP machine, & help me decide on their retainment? Should these be continued with OR rather disabled ?

Do we really need these during System startup? Possible implications of culling these down?

Inputs awaited...

Thanks.

HKLM:Run    IMJPMIG8.1    Microsoft Corporation    "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
HKLM:Run    PHIME2002A    Microsoft Corporation    C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
HKLM:Run    PHIME2002ASync    Microsoft Corporation    C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC

clipimage.jpg

35 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

HKLM:Run    IMJPMIG8.1    Microsoft Corporation    "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
HKLM:Run    PHIME2002A    Microsoft Corporation    C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
HKLM:Run    PHIME2002ASync    Microsoft Corporation    C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC

First one - Part of MS Input Method Editor which is used to ease the input of Asian characters in MS Office (Chinese, Korean and this one is Japanese)

Second and third - Part of Microsoft's Input Message Editor (IME) for translating Japanese/Chinese text in IE, Outlook and Word

While they aren't necessary to run, there is no reason to disable them. You are talking about three single entries which are system components, why would you risk your system's integrity for that? Those three entries aren't slowing anything down, I can assure you that much.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

Hello Members!

Please refer to the following Start-Up Items showing up as being enabled within my Win XP machine, & help me decide on their retainment? Should these be continued with OR rather disabled ?

Do we really need these during System startup? Possible implications of culling these down?

Inputs awaited...

Thanks.

clipimage.jpg

Info -

First one - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/IMJPMIG.EXE-2171.html

Second and third item  - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/TINTSETP.EXE-5758.html

Thank you very much!

I would leave these untouched in order to remain equipped with Hindi-Input all the time.

Disabling these would probably make the Language Bar disappear!

So, hands off!

32 minutes ago, Hum said:

I hope you back up the Registry before you screw with it. :huh:

Hello Hum!

Gone are the days to pursue a Registry-backup at first.... because ever-ready utilities like 'CCleaner' make it possible to Enable or Disable these at will!

Why bother a Registry backup then? :-) 

5 minutes ago, saurabhdua said:

Hello Hum!

Gone are the days to pursue a Registry-backup at first.... because ever-ready utilities like 'CCleaner' make it possible to Enable or Disable these at will!

Why bother a Registry backup then? :-) 

LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_LOL_

I could go on, but I don't feel I need to.

• Like 2

Dude I thought your XP was the sunshine that lit up the faces of the children and let you soar with the eagles in the sky like Icarus?

Now you think you need to stop things from startup that are from MS..  Along with turning off system services..  With graphics that look like crap?

Wow what a joy its going to be to use your lightening fast system that can not even run current browsers.. I think last for firefox is like 44, you do understand as the web disables SHA-1 your going to have a rough time since XP only supports SHA-1 not SHA-2.  Pretty sure Jan of 2016 was when CA's had to stop signing with SHA-1, Your going to have all kinds of issues with software signing, https on the web at all..

But hey its going to look like crap and use half your ram you paid for, and not be able to surf https sites - but hey..  You will have joy in your heart :rofl:

Can you even go to https://www.neowin.net/

• Like 3