give suggestion...?

can we "root" our PC like a smartphone? I wonder about because my pc is becoming more and more slowly. Sometimes, it moves auto to another web when i searching info and this really makes me crazy. what should I do?

Umm, try removing the bloatware, or install a fresh version of Windows. Or just simply go Linux. :p

On 11/29/2016 at 8:40 PM, neonwill said:

can we "root" our PC like a smartphone? I wonder about because my pc is becoming more and more slowly. Sometimes, it moves auto to another web when i searching info and this really makes me crazy. what should I do?

so a spyware/malware scan, and uninstall any programs you may not recognize. Malwarebytes is pretty good, so is spybot. You can also download Dr. Web CureIT (free version), and scan it. You can always run disc cleanup, as well. Wouldn't hurt.

6 minutes ago, Smeargle said:

The recovery setting?

edit: where you can even shutdown the USB connection.

Oh, that. I never heard it being called the "F9 Panel" I  don't think that would help his entire issue, though.

You could try decrapifier, too..

yes, I was just about to say....PC decrapifier. It helps remove OEM/Factory bloat that you'll probably never use, that runs in the background without your knowledge. Mindovermaster beat me to it, lol! :)

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan Kenobi said:

yes, I was just about to say....PC decrapifier. It helps remove OEM/Factory bloat that you'll probably never use, that runs in the background without your knowledge. Mindovermaster beat me to it, lol! :)

Thank you, Obi-Wan!  I guess I learned well from you. :p

1 hour ago, Smeargle said:

To be completely honest, I am not sure if that setting is called "F9 panel"~:rofl: sorry about that, but I do know this F9 setting...I once saw a computer geek recovering his PC, he just pressed F9 and did his settings. He told me that he could even replace the alphabet order of keyword~~

Uhh...  no.

On topic:

As far as root - you dont have to think of it in those terms, but its completely normal to try and relate a new topic to something you are familar with.

Since we dont know the details of your slow down, we have to assume that all the hardware is working, and you are not trying to run some AAA game on a 10 year old PC.

With that being said:

If you want to make a computer run as good as it possibly can with the given hardware, back up all your stuff, and do a  clean OS install.

If that is out of the question, you need to do some house cleaning.

As others have mentioned - make sure there is no malware on the computer.  (run malwarebytes and make sure)

Then, clear out all of the bloatware (crap not necessary)
If it has OEM bloatware - remove all of it.
Then, run ccleaner - remove all of the junk that has piled up.

A great way to speed up a PC is trim down all of the programs running in the background (ccleaner can help with that as well by removing unnecessary things from Startup)

Defragging is something from old operating systems, dont waste your time messing with that - (win7,8,10 all constantly defrag)

That will get you started.

Tell us what hardware you have (all of the specs)
And tell us what you are experiencing and we can give more precise answers.

(The "sometimes moves to another web auto" - suggests malware.

Unless by "another web" you mean that your computer mysteriously hops on the Dark Web.. then I would get out of your house if I were you.

*they are watching you*

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Thank you, Obi-Wan!  I guess I learned well from you. :p

No, with all due respect, thank YOU @Mindovermaster! But hey, that's what we're all here for, right? To help one another? As long as we've got each others' back, that's all that matters! Unprofessional Journalism.....that's the status quo of this site, or well, it claims to be. I can't take credit from what I've learned from others. But your thank you is enough for me to appreciate everything. As long as we can help someone in dire need, that's all that matters to me. @Mindovermaster Love you, bro.....more than you know!

26 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Defragging is something from old operating systems, dont waste your time messing with that - (win7,8,10 all constantly defrag)

You are mostly right. I would recommend opening task scheduler and dropping down /Task Scheduler Library / Microsoft / Windows / Defrag

and check the status of it. I have seen in some instances where it's a mechanical drive and for whatever reason, it's set to "Disabled"