MacBook Pro with Touch Bar battery issues

Not very good news for MacBook Pro users.....I hope this is something that can be solved quickly thru a software update & nothing more serious.  Can't imagine shelling out premium $$$ for one of these laptops only to have the battery life come in at a third of the advertised duration.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/new-macbook-pro-with-touch-bar-suffers-from-serious-battery-issues/ar-AAlacX6?li=AA4Zoy&ocid=spartandhp

My favorite comment I have read regarding this issue so far:

So just to sum up the new MacBook Pro:

- it doesn't connect to any devices easily
-it costs £400 more than previous versions
-the Speakers explode
-The graphics go crazy after 2 weeks
-The battery life is nonsense.

Pros:
-emojis to express your disappointment.

On to the matter at hand, does anyone actually get the lifespan claimed by their laptop manufacturer? Or is it similar to MPG on cars, where the average person will never see those results? The two MBP's I owned, never lived up to their battery life estimates and these were purchased as brand new, but similarly my Surface Book doesnt get the advertised life either though.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

My favorite comment I have read regarding this issue so far:

On to the matter at hand, does anyone actually get the lifespan claimed by their laptop manufacturer? Or is it similar to MPG on cars, where the average person will never see those results? The two MBP's I owned, never lived up to their battery life estimates and these were purchased as brand new, but similarly my Surface Book doesnt get the advertised life either though.

My Asus UX501VW  gets close to the manufacturer claims.