iPhone 5s VS 6s

Is there really a difference between the iPhone 5s and 6s? I understand they are different versions of each other. But when i look at them side by side, they look almost identical. (minus the slight screen size difference)

5 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Is there really a difference between the iPhone 5s and 6s? I understand they are different versions of each other. But when i look at them side by side, they look almost identical. (minus the slight screen size difference)

They look identical to you?  Really?

iphone_5s_lifestyle_pine_table_thumb800.

iphone_6s_plus_review_thumb336.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, adrynalyne said:

Even in specs...they arent remotely identical.

Kind of what I was asking... WHAT are the differences? Would I be happy getting the 5s? Or would I be missing out on something in the 6s?

3 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Kind of what I was asking... WHAT are the differences? Would I be happy getting the 5s? Or would I be missing out on something in the 6s?

You might be happy with 5S, but only if you prefer the size. In which case I'd get an SE which has the 6S internals.

Compare specs:

5s

640 x 1136 pixels (~326 ppi pixel density)

Chipset Apple A7

CPU Dual-core 1.3 GHz Cyclone (ARM v8-based)

GPU PowerVR G6430 (quad-core graphics)

16/32/64 GB, 1 GB RAM DDR3

8 MP, f/2.2, 29mm, autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash

6S

750 x 1334 pixels (~326 ppi pixel density)

Chipset  Apple A9

CPU Dual-core 1.84 GHz Twister

GPU PowerVR GT7600 (six-core graphics)

16/32/64/128 GB, 2 GB RAM

12 MP, f/2.2, 29mm, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash

Specs aside, the 6S has a much improved touch id sensor and 3D touch which is pretty meh IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are considering an iPhone 5s for anything but price, you should instead look at the iPhone SE. It has the guts of the 6s, minus force touch and using the 5s fingerprint reader, and lesser cameras, but it's much cheaper. Same body though, cases are even cross compatible.

Looks wise, the iPhone 5/5s/SE have a flat edge and can be sat on their sides (or stood up). The iPhone 6/6s borrows design cues from the HTC One line and thus has more rounded edges.

The SE is quite a nice little phone if the small size does not put you off. I have the 6s and I love it. It's my first iPhone though, so I don't really have anything else to compare it to, except some older Android phones, which it greatly outclasses.

• 1 month later...

5S is a 3.5 year old phone. It's software support can be dropped any moment as per Apple's wish. It would not be wise to buy a 5S today. 

Your best bet would be to buy a 6S or even a 6 if money is a constraint.