Set default printer in Settings

I know how to disable Windows selecting the default and I know about setting the default in the old Devices and Printers, but is there a way to set the default in Settings that I am missing?

Just looking for reliable instructions for end users since Devices and Printers doesn't show up in Search anymore with 1703.  They have to go to Printers and Scanners then Devices and Printers.  

If you go to settings -> Devices -> Printers & Scanners (from the left menu) ->Select the printer you want to be default and click on manage. In there you have the option to Set as Default.

Also in the Printer & Scanners page you have the option to go to Devices and printer in the top right corner.

Hopefully this is what you were after?

Right click start, choose settings, choose devices, go to printers and scanners on the left, left click the printer you want, choose manage, then choose set as default.

Note, the set as default option will only be there if "let Windows manage my default printer" is unchecked in the printers and scanners main setting.   Alternatively, instead of all of that clicking, go to the cortana search and type in "printers".  The first match should be "Printers & Scanners"

4 hours ago, sc302 said:

Right click start, choose settings, choose devices, go to printers and scanners on the left, left click the printer you want, choose manage, then choose set as default.

Note, the set as default option will only be there if "let Windows manage my default printer" is unchecked in the printers and scanners main setting.   Alternatively, instead of all of that clicking, go to the cortana search and type in "printers".  The first match should be "Printers & Scanners"

Settings isnt available under 1607, shame as it is useful. Also glad to know others still call it the start button, I get the look of confusion when I ask people to click start.

On 8/17/2017 at 11:25 AM, sc302 said:

OK.  Thanks for the info.  I looked at one the other day and the option to set as default isn't there.  I have it set to disable the "Let Windows Manage My Default" through GPO, and that is selected when I look in Printers and Scanners, but I can install a printer, then click on Manage and the option isn't there.  That being said, I did see it on another machine that has had a printer installed for a while, so maybe it's only affecting newly installed printers.

We're having issues with Acrobat Reader always using the default printer no matter which printer is selected.  Adobe says it's behaving as intended, but it's definitely annoying for us.  Might just switch to another PDF reader.  We had some web-based software that required IE and Reader combination to edit PDF in the browser, but we have since gone to HTML based version, so we can switch PDF software.

Side note:  I still call it Start button, also, lol.