Locked out due to bitlocker.

So I have some sensative client data on my machine and decided it's a good idea to setup bitlocker.  

I set it on my OS drive and my data drive.  I'm sure I've done this before on this motherboard and it used the trusted platform module and didn't need a password on boot. However .....

I'm on the current up to date version of Windows 10. 

On boot I get this screen. 

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/contents/view?contentsToken=1510582479796Cqoq18t&currentIndex=1

I know my password and I also have my recovery key saved. However I cannot type at this screen. 

I've tried 3 USB keyboards and can't input anything.  

The drive is an NVME so I cant just throw it in another system (easily anyway) and remove bitlocker. 

Anyone had this problem ? Any ideas how to recover without reloading the OS and starting again ?

Thanks. 

Try this and see if it works: 

press the fn+num lock key at the same time then see if it will work or not.

Failing that, have you got an old PS-2 keyboard around anywhere?

EDIT: 

If you can boot into BIOS, does it recognise the keyboard? If so, you should look at your Fast Boot settings, as it might be bypassing device recognition before booting into the drive?

• Like 3

I could get into bios but slowing down the boot order didn't work.

Just been and bought a PS2 keyboard and that sorted it, thanks.  Bitlocker is now off on the boot drive until I can get it to work with my TPM instead of password on boot.

if your motherboard is usb 3.0 only sometimes it can cause the issue, check in bios for legacy usb support or if it has any usb 2 ports try them in future. Maybe this is why were seeing ps2 ports back on higher end motherboards :)

On 19/11/2017 at 10:21 AM, Mando said:

if your motherboard is usb 3.0 only sometimes it can cause the issue, check in bios for legacy usb support or if it has any usb 2 ports try them in future. Maybe this is why were seeing ps2 ports back on higher end motherboards :)

Thanks, it has both and the keyboard works in any in bios etc frustratingly. but ps2 is the only one that works for a bit locker code!