React js PDF tutorials

Question

Hi all,

I am looking for some help. I have a job interview where they have given me a program written in react js and want me to complete it, the task is "Create a person profile page in React to display the personnel record " and I was wondering if there are sites or tutorials anyone would recommend for me to learn over the weekend to aid me in doing this.

It is a junior role, I have done HTML jquery but never have touched react yet, any help would be appreicated.

5 answers to this question

You can go to codeacademy to do a crash ReactJS course. YOu can also buy tutorial  in udemy right now and they are having a sale right now where every courses are $12 each.

I am also starting to learn ReactJS too. Good luck!

35 minutes ago, Above The Gods said:

If you can't do it, why even apply for the job?

Good question, if you don't know React how did you even get the interview?

React itself is pretty painless to grasp if you don't need to set up any complex toolchains to run it in the browser. Having no idea about the company or interview you're going into I would hope they would have some sort of tooling already ready to go for you so you can hop right into writing some code. For a junior or even mid-level position, the tooling would normally already be in place in an ideal real-world scenario.

As for learning react, I would second Perochan's suggestion of Codacademy. If you're looking for a deep dive (not something you'd get through in a weekend) Wes Bos has a pretty thorough course on the react ecosystem called React for Beginners.

I had told them I can do html and jquery, they asked about react js I told them the truth and said I have not learnt it so I suppose they must have wanted to test me.  And thanks guess will look at codeacademy.

On 09/12/2017 at 1:08 AM, perochan said:

You can go to codeacademy to do a crash ReactJS course. YOu can also buy tutorial  in udemy right now and they are having a sale right now where every courses are $12 each.

I am also starting to learn ReactJS too. Good luck!